[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Botany Major?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Botany.png (399KB, 1003x594px) Image search: [Google]
Botany.png
399KB, 1003x594px
Hey everyone,

I'm considering going to school for a botany major. Does anyone have advice or critiques towards this? Perhaps a botanist could help guide me in the right direction.
>>
God i hate botany, but i'm glad botanists exist so i don't have to do it.
>>
>>2332034
I'm on my way to becoming an arborist, the pays... not horrible. But I get to climb trees and spend my days outside.
>>
>>2332065
That sounds quite interesting. I excel in science and enjoy chemistry. So I'm thinking about going into the medical research part. Otherwise I'd want to take it into a more hands on, explore rare plants around the world route if possible.
>>
>>2332034
I've only had botany as part of my biology degree. It was difficult but also fun. And I was quite good at it. So why not? Assuming there are jobs that need a botany degree, that is.
>>
>>2332034
theres like no jobs or career choices with botany. I would say thats my main thing about it. As a math and computer engineering double major in my 3rd year I cant even begin to tell you how many career choices I have.

You on the other hand will be limited and thought of as a lesser STEM major.

However don't do a degree for jobs or something, do it because it interests you. I like botany and marine biology but not enough to do a degree in them. Do you want to do it? Will you get enjoyment out of it? Do you really need to do the degree to learn everything though or would you be better of opening a nursery and studying all this stuff while operating your own business?

On that note I started my business last year and found it enjoyable but stressful.
>>
Between agricultural genetics and weed it's going to be booming as long as people are
>>
File: bakersfeel2.png (149KB, 547x717px)
bakersfeel2.png
149KB, 547x717px
>>2332034
what college are you thinking of applying to. I would recommend knocking out your AS at a community college. I started out as a geology major took one lab and realized I hated it and switched to plant science.

.t humbolt grad
>>2332133
I always saw it as any degree opens tons of doors as long as you finish on time and not in stupid high amounts of debt
>>
>>2332034
Learn how to do research studies and get a government job studying plant populations
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.