[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good day everyone, On the photo attached you can see a spider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 20170308_174332.jpg (445KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170308_174332.jpg
445KB, 2048x1152px
Good day everyone,

On the photo attached you can see a spider web around the lamp in my room. I am not at all disturbed by it. It's been there I think since late last year, but I have no intentions of removing it. With the summer approaching here in northern hemisphere, there is bound to be lots of annoying (and potentially dangerous) mosquitoes around. I would love to be a roommate of whatever spider wants to hang out on my ceiling (pun intended) and let them enjoy all the mosquitoes that come in to enjoy the lights and my blood.

The reason that I'm posting this is because I'm concerned that I actually don't have (at least I don't see) any spiders around my room! This is not the only web that has been erected, but they all now appear to be vacant! Over the winter there has not been absolutely any food in the webs, so I presume that whichever spider built the web may have died or moved out.

So my questions are:
1) What do you think happened to the spider that built the web? Is it possible that they hibernate somewhere in my room?
2) If the original spider is no longer around, is it likely that new spiders will move in with warmer weather spontaneously?
3) Will any new spider be happy that a web is already in place and gladly move in, or should I remove all the webs so that a new spider can erect it's own webs?

I'm mainly interested in the answers for number 3. The webs are strategically in perfect locations (on the lamp that insect seek and on the wall next to the window where they enter the room). And just today I noticed a number of small flies (and wings) in one web that I'm pretty sure weren't there just the other day, so I just hope that a spider appears to maintain the webs in good condition. There will be lots of food in the summer.

Thanks everyone!
>>
>>2331957
This happens to me quite often as well. Spider makes a web, lives there for a few days or week, and then disappears without a trace. Why do they leave? What for, where to? I do not know, but it's a little depressing.
>>
>>2332293
Feed it. Pretty logical I had one in a crevice above my door. A rat died between a wall in my house had huge wave of flies attracted in. The spider caught some too but I decided to collect a few in a container just for appreciation of the thing. I fed it pretty much one fly a day because it wasn't a huge spider. However after I ran out of flies and within a week or two it migrated.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.