[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overly-loyal Dogs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20170308_142625_edit.jpg (2MB, 2840x1732px) Image search: [Google]
20170308_142625_edit.jpg
2MB, 2840x1732px
This isn't really a problem, I just want to hear other people's experiences.

I got this dog (on the right). ~14 month old Great Pyrenees (full-blood, from a working-dog bloodline). He will not accept treats or commands from anyone except me or my wife.

When we had him in training earlier this year, the instructor wanted to use him as an example for other dogs, and he refused to obey. When the instructor held a hot dog to his nose, he turned his head to the side. He refused to look at the instructor. My wife went up and got the dog to perform just fine.

We've had company over for holidays, and it's the same thing. He won't accept treats from them. One girl gave him half of a unseasoned steak before bed. I woke up the next morning, 8 hours later, and it was still on the floor. He wouldn't touch it until I picked it up and offered it to him.

Have you guys ever had a dog like that? I've intimately known about 20 dogs and ... nope. Never seen it.
>>
>>2331790
>intimately known 20 dogs

Just how intimately?
>>
>>2331790
My daughter tried to use my dog for 4H. She had disastrous results. At first I thought it was her technique, but she was doing everything correctly, the dog would just refuse to do what she wanted. The situation got worse if my dog could see me. While I'm away for work the dog obeys my wife and kids, although begrudgingly. She becomes much more stubborn, and her recall goes to hell.
I believe the main cause of this is the fact I was the only one who trained and worked with my dog, and when my daughter tried seven years later it was too late.
However my bitch would never turn down a steak, even if Michael Vick offered it to her.
>>
>>2331790
My family's dog was the same way. would not even eat from her food bowl unless my uncle was the one to pour it in.
>>
aw shit i was about to make a thread asking something similar. my mothers is overly attached to her to the point of it whining for hours if she shuts her bedroom door and it cries for ages when she leaves the house. not to mention it going ballistic when ahe gets home jusmping and pissing itself out of excitement.

how do i stop it? i was careful during its upbringing to not be a retard but now its fully grown it can almost push her over, not to mention my cousins are scared shitless of it because of the jumping it does on them.

i tell her to ignore it but she doesnt....
>>
>>2332167
That isn't loyalty, that's separation anxiety.
She babies it too much, like most women.
>>
>>2332218
right on. i know this but shes insane.
>>
>>2332167
You have to punish it for jumping and start crate/room training it
It probably doesn't have a routine or enough exersize either
>>
File: IMAG0513.jpg (2MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0513.jpg
2MB, 1840x3264px
>>2331790
Saw your pic and it got me thinking. Not to be off topic, but I think she's half Pyrenees.Other half golden retriever?

Mines not that bad, kinda overprotective of me but warms up if you toss a ball here way. Only minds my commands though (sit/stay/ect).
>>
>>2334058
>>2331790
not saying YOUR dog is mixed, I was saying MINE is.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.