[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Many Cats Are Too Many?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4469.jpg (94KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4469.jpg
94KB, 620x413px
>>
There is no difference in smell between 1 cat and 10 cats.

But baiting aside, you have too many cats when you don't have time or energy to give individual love and attention to each one. For some people, that's 1, and others are capable of giving more.
>>
I'd say 3 is the absolute most anyone should have. Most owners should stick with 1 or 2 though. Anything past 3 is just too many cats. Personally I'll never have more than 1. I'm not about that life
>>
one

cats are gross
>>
>>2330940
I have two cats and I want more cats. Probably because I am a toxoplasmosis hiveminder operating on behalf of the at collective. But still.
>>
>>2330940
Generally dirty people enjoy cats and dogs
>>
>>2330972
Recent studies reveal it doesn't affect anything.
>>
>>2330940
One.
>>
>>2330940
one
>>
>>2331008
>t. Mr. Whiskers
>>
1 cat if there is almost always someone around to keep them company

2 cats if they are alone often, to maintain a shred of feline sanity

3 cats if you have an actual house with a yard

4 cats if you have a large multi-floor house with a yard

anything more is hoarding
>>
>>2330940
OP pic doesn't have a problem with too many cats (I only see 2), they have a problem with hoarding too much shit.
>>
>>2330940
One.
>>
>>2330940
>>
>>2330940
Really depends how well the owner cleans up after them and how big the space is.

With more cats there's the likelihood for more spraying. Cats are territorial. So the less space the more spraying.

If you have a big house, with some land, and clean it everyday then multiple cats are fine. I would say every regular sized bedroom per cat.
One BR house=1 cat
Two BR house =2 cats
Three BR house= 3 cats
And so on...
>>
>>2330962
Say that to my face you faggot
>>
My neighbor has 30 fucking cats, the whole house smells like the purest crap ever
>>
File: resolution_1920x1080.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
resolution_1920x1080.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
At three you start pushing crazy cat person level in social terms.
>>
>>2330959
I thought it was number of people in the house +1
>>
>>2332146
is that legal in your city?
>>
One person living alone should have one cat.
The max for a family in a single family detached home should be 3 cats. And that's only if it's a big family. And when I say 3, I mean one old cat, one middle age cat and one young cat.
Cats are not like birds, they don't need other cats to not feel lonely if they have a human cat to bond with.
>>
>>2330959
>3 is the absolute most

Eh...think it's more dependent on how much you can afford at the vet if something relatively bad happens to all your cats in a short period of time.

Aunt used to have 8 of them (stray mom that had 5 kittens, and two that got dropped off with her when her son couldn't take care of them)

All were fixed and indoor cats and had very good care. Wet food, medications when needed (not just flea and tick, but like pain meds for the old gal and thyroid stuff for one of the others)

So yea..think it really just depends on how much money you want to, or can afford, to spend.
>>
File: maximum-cat.gif (3MB, 313x214px) Image search: [Google]
maximum-cat.gif
3MB, 313x214px
>>
1 tbqh
>>
>>2332309
Actually, it is, Brazil...
>>
>>2332307
I stand by the 3 still. That's a lot of cats to clean up after, smell, feed, give attention to and play with regularly, pay for vet visits, etc.

>>2332356
Was she retired and able to spend all of her time and attention on them? Some cats require a lot of love and I don't see how she could give enough personal attention to each one if she had an outside life

This is all assuming indoors only cats which should be happening anyway
>>
12 cats because its a therapy
>>
When I was growing up my mom had 13 cats and we lived in a tiny apartment. When you live in that environment from the start you don't think it's weird. Looking back it was pretty fucked up.
>>
I'd say any more than 3 is a bit unusual.
>>
We have 8. 3 are mine, all cuddle with me at night and I give each of them their own attention. 1 is my brother's, 1 is my sister's, one is my mom's. Then we have two cats we are fostering for a guy in SoCal right now until he finishes his college degree and moves back up to NorCal to attend a fightfighter's academy. He didn't want to drawg the cats around with him all over because he did that when moving from Arizona, to SoCal, to NorCal, and now he's going back to SoCal, we my mom offered to take care of them.

All in all, everything works out fine. My brother's cat hates socializing, so she stays in his room and comes out when he isn't home, but sorta just hangs out by a window away from everyone else. My sister's and mom's cats stay in her master bedroom, they are complete recluses. We gave them so much attention when they were little, but as they grew up they pretty much started staying in that room only and hate going outside or going into the hallway at all. The room is huge with a giant walk-in closet and bathroom, so they aren't cramped.

Then I have my cats that roam around, one being a little shit and knocking over trash cans and being a wild child while the other two can't stand to be away from one another and just follow each other around. Then the fosters sorta keep to themselves, one usually just hanging out in the garage since we crack the garage door and she goes in and out.
>>
>>2332356
8 is a gross amount of cats

my friend's mom had 5 in a massive house and it was a gross amount
>>
Cadavar disposal extreem
>>
We've got 5 cats. But. We've also got 5 bedrooms and each cat kind of "claimed" a person in the house, so they're pretty dispersed most of the time. All are fixed and have all their shots, litter boxes are cleaned several times a week and they're all healthy.
>>
>>2334133
>litter boxes are cleaned several times a week

gross dude

your house definitely reeks of cat and 82% chance you reek of cat when you're out walking around

cat people are wretched
>>
>>2334137
House actually doesn't reek, or smell like cats at all. Litter boxes are all in one unused bathroom on furthest side of house, unlike some people, our cats are actually fuckin litter trained and don't piss outside of the litter boxes. We're actually clean people, sorry to disappoint.
>>
>>2334165
clean people don't have 5 cats
you might think you don't smell horrible, but you do
you're just used to it
>>
I live in 600 square feet apartment and I will say 2 is the most someone should have in such space if you want quality life for your cats and yourself.
You have to clean every day to keep apartment fresh and odor free. Anything more than 2 cats is for rich people with a lot of spare time.
I spend 3 hours a day on them (feeding, cleaning, brushing, playing, petting) and I can't imagine how much time 5 or 6 cats would require to be happy, healthy and well trained
>>
>>2330959
This.
>>
File: Michael Bay Cat Roof.gif (1MB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Bay Cat Roof.gif
1MB, 300x180px
>>2334165
>crazy cat lady says her house doesn't stink
>...her house fucking STINKS
>>
>>2334538
but LITTERBOXES!!

and they're cleaned SEVERAL times
>>
i admire cats for their self sufficiency
but i do not think that i could keep one soley for the fear of them climbing on my furniture with stinky doodoo litter paws
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.