[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White rhino shot dead in French zoo, horn sawn off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16

File: Rhino.jpg (96KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Rhino.jpg
96KB, 620x349px
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/white-rhino-shot-dead-in-french-zoo-horn-sawn-off/ar-AAnZ1Wa?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Poachers broke into a French zoo, shot dead a rare white rhinoceros and sawed off its horn in what is believed to be the first time in Europe that a rhino in captivity has been attacked and killed.

The four-year-old male white rhino called Vince was found dead in his enclosure by his keeper at the Thoiry zoo and wildlife park about 50 km (30 miles) west of Paris on Tuesday morning after an overnight break-in, the zoo said.

Police, who were investigating the crime, said the rhino had been shot three times in the head and one of its horns had been sawn off, probably with a chainsaw.
>>
File: 1465614595154.jpg (68KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
1465614595154.jpg
68KB, 711x669px
>>2330607
Wow.

Fucking poachers.
>>
>>2330620
Donno France got a lot of blacks too. If not one then the other.
>>
>>2330622
They don't have a lot of those actually, and they're mostly in Paris.
>>
File: an- animals and racism.png (5KB, 453x86px) Image search: [Google]
an- animals and racism.png
5KB, 453x86px
>>2330620
>Maybe not the right board for this
>>
>>2330607
That is very bad.
Expecting heavier overall protection then less visibility for the public. And a bad reputation for a good french zoo.
And fuck I like the Thoiry zoo and this makes me very angry.

>>2330620
Not the right board, but you can open a board in /pol/ speaking about this event and your presomptions about why it happened.
>>
File: 86.gif (949KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
86.gif
949KB, 300x170px
Reminds me of the story about a year or so ago that I was so ashamed of. Australia lent us one of their tasmanian devils and it was reported that someone threw a rock at it and killed it.

Later reports suggested maybe it was in fact an accident. Last week or so, it was reported that a beloved hippo died of abuse in a zoo in El Salvador, but now they are saying it may have been neglect. I just dont know what to think anymore about any of it. But a poached rhino isnt ambiguous.

Some years ago, I realized my love of animals was in part due to having reached the maximum loathing of humans. I didn't want to end up like my aunt, who was unashamed of her disgust with humans and loved animals. But it seems I did.

Im often reminded of that saying "Animals make us human." I dont know how to interpret that anymore.

I assume it means we are distinguished by compassion, a pro-social, irrational trait. The more you have, the more likely you will be prey to others. The obvious solution is uncomfortable to think about.

We have survived so long, which says something about us. I try to find some peace with the intellectual dilemma of being human.

Its just that I have difficulty seeing the distinction in real terms. So this is how I've been looking at it:

Humanity is the daydream we apes awaken to and make believe every day. It doesnt really exist, we're just apes confused by our own intelligence. We imagine it has its own purpose when it seems it may just be a side effect. The standards we imagine, how we are better in our potential is just a vision, a way of looking at what we could do someday if we really were what we imagine.

Then we go to sleep and become apes again. As far as I can tell, the only difference is whether we are dreaming with our eyes closed or open.
>>
>>2330731
well when you know biology, you know that races have differences.
>>
>>2330886
yeah I like animals because they don't have the ability to be malicious monsters like humans. except dolphins. fuck those water humans
>>
>>2330919
Yes, but not in the extreme manner that /pol/ seems to think.
>>
>>2330919
There are, biologically, no human races. We have bigger differences within the same "race" than with other "races" and bigger similarites too.
Whatever, people don't like this fact so they'll deny it to death.
>>
>>2330607
Why don't they just start raising/domesticating them for their horns already?
>>
File: 1488424904311.jpg (278KB, 640x1264px)
1488424904311.jpg
278KB, 640x1264px
>>2330886
this happened just like a week ago or so also
>>
Yikes.
I always hated how hard it was to see most zoo animals and just about impossible to take a decent photo with glass, wire and bars in the way. Between this and parents not keeping an eye on their kids we will be looking at them through binoculars.
>>
>>2330922

Maybe. Animals can be hurtful, but I think a creature has to have empathy, to be aware of pain in others to be malicious. A cat may torture a mouse but not be aware of the pain it causes. I suspect malice would require the ability to empathize and reject it for the purpose of deliberately causing that pain. The willful ability to feel that and deliberately disassociate it seems uniquely human. Or maybe more accurately, to associate it with personal happiness. Humans are assumed to have more complex thinking, and I dont think people appreciate the scale of failure that is inherent in increased complexity.

>>2330964

Thats awful. I just dont understand it. Children or teens seem the most inclined towards such behavior, but immature adults as well.

Some children genuinely dont have that empathy; they really dont know any better. Teens can be especially sadistic, but its not always malevolent, just mindless.

It sort of makes me re-think zoos altogether. Lately, the assumed consensus on what defines civilization and society has been puzzling me. Im aging, and it feels like a different world where concepts and words dont mean what they did. A zoo was a place to appreciate the natural splendor of the world. You went to celebrate animals. I dont understand what has changed.

I think maybe we are not so far removed from apes at all. That we are just one missed generation of transmitted values away from starting over from the stone age.

Sometimes I joke that 'humanity is a concept invented by primates'. But maybe its true. Maybe its just learned behavior. Maybe one ape has to teach another that he or she is different somehow, and hold that opinion as fact...
>>
>>2330886
>I love animals, fuck humans they are evil!
Please off yourself.
>>
>>2330987

... I try to imagine what it might be like if I was born and came through childhood to adulthood without contact with other humans. I would have intelligence but no language. I would solve small problems but not think doing so was special. I wouldn't notice that animals didn't talk as being unusual because neither would I. I wouldn't think building a warm dry place to sleep or finding food is special because I would see other animals doing it too, in their own way. None of my thoughts would have words.

I guess what I am trying to say is that someone would have to teach me language just to tell me that Im a human, to convince me that I am different somehow. At which point, I would be forced to contemplate the relevance of that view for the first time.

tl;dr- there seems to be a possibility that we are acutely fooling ourselves as a matter of being. The glaring contradictions may just be proof that this whole endeavor is something of a joke we've been playing on ourselves from the beginning, not to be demoralizing.

>>2330979

I know what you mean. I think of how they run zoos in China, where people pay to feed warm blooded creatures to other ones.

Maybe its relative. Two months ago, I was at the Miami Seaquarium and saw Lolita. They get a lot of flak because her habitat is so small. Its a complicated subject; for some people, no habitat is big enough for a cetacean, so there would be no pleasing them, like with the huge habitats Sea World is building. Others acknowledge her habitat is too small, but the Seaquarium is a small operation and with all the public pressure phasing out cetacean exhibits, there is no rationale for spending millions for one animal so late in its life for a new habitat.

Its a hard place to be ethically. Its true that the Seaquarium has some human resource issues as a city operation. But I could tell Lolitas trainers do truly love their animal and do the best they can, and Lolita seemed happy with the interaction and play time.
>>
>>2330993

I dont think humans are evil. I just am not comfortable around them, and acknowledge thats clearly a personal issue. What I wonder is how much of it is learned and how much is irrational.

Likewise, we tend to project our own views into animals. We assume the best of them even if its not the case.

Evil has nothing to do with it. Its just a question of how much of our own self-flattery is acceptable to buy into until we become so deluded that we've completely mis-gauged our own safety and well being.
>>
>>2330996
That's fair. Sorry I was a dickhead. You're alright, Anon.
>>
France? Let me guess; muslims or blacks.
>>
>>2330994
>Maybe its relative. Two months ago, I was at the Miami Seaquarium and saw Lolita. They get a lot of flak because her habitat is so small. Its a complicated subject; for some people, no habitat is big enough for a cetacean, so there would be no pleasing them, like with the huge habitats Sea World is building. Others acknowledge her habitat is too small, but the Seaquarium is a small operation and with all the public pressure phasing out cetacean exhibits, there is no rationale for spending millions for one animal so late in its life for a new habitat.
>Its a hard place to be ethically. Its true that the Seaquarium has some human resource issues as a city operation. But I could tell Lolitas trainers do truly love their animal and do the best they can, and Lolita seemed happy with the interaction and play time.

People shit on the Miami Seaquarium because they've gone out of their way lying to the authorities about building Lolita a bigger tank for multiple decades now, in order to be able to keep her in their park. Her tank isn't just "small". It actually breaks a law, which you'd think is there for a purpose. But for some reason, by promising authorities and showing building plans multiple times, they always got away with it.

Yeah, now she's old, but they absolutely have had their chances building her a legal enclosure, ever since she was a young whale and the business was still booming (I mean, she's been in that tiny tank for what, 47 years now?), but apparently she never really seemed worth it to them.
>>
>>2330941
look up skulls of different races, then come back.
>>
>>2330941
Biological race exists upon how you frame it. Scientists are split on it. The ones who study blood types are less likely to believe in it, forensic scientist are more likely to believe, geneticists are split pretty evenly on it.

I would like you to explain what greater differences are within the same race, and then exactly how that race is more similar to another race- is it a specific set of genes you're looking at? Because it sounds an awful lot like the politically motivated crap that comes out of a certain sect of the academic community. The mirror opposite of the politically-motived racial eugenicists.
>>
>>2330941
A couple of years ago race and subspecies were used interchangeably tho.
>>
This is why you don't make zoos in third world countries
>>
>>2331136
And today people still think like >>2331125, so what?
>>2331130
Genetically, which is what matters. I don't have the time to post something better but have this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genetic_variation#Phenotypic_variation ( this is mostly for the skull retard)
http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v36/n11s/full/ng1435.html
>>
>>2331001
keks aside, I doubt it's one of these two. This looks like a planned crime: guns, chainsaw, preparation... They probably would have killed more than one if they had the time. Looking at the price of rhino horns (~30k€ or more), I have to wonder if it's even worth the risk.
>>
>>2331130
My education was in clinical lab science, and they very much believe in race.

Some guy at the Red Cross got fired for trying to explain to a bunch of black children that we need black donors to help out black people. Little bitch tried to make it sound like the Red Cross guy was saying that black blood wasn't good enough for anybody else, and probably tried suing the Red Cross about it.

But in reality, black people usually don't have Duffy antigens, and white people almost always do. Add to the fact that blacks need more transfusions due to violence and sickle cell anemia, and black people don't donate nearly as often as white people, and you have a real need for black donors.

Speaking of sickle cell, Asians have an anemia called thalassemia, and Scandinavians have a disease called pernicious anemia. In our case studies we were always given last names and ethnicity for a reason.
>>
>>2331165
Oh, and Jews are a cluster fuck of inbred genetic disease, as bad or worse than any back yard bred pug.

(((and I'm a quarter Jewish)))
>>
File: 1486936789364.png (793KB, 1080x3566px) Image search: [Google]
1486936789364.png
793KB, 1080x3566px
>>2330941
>There are, biologically, no human races.

We can argue that the differences between blacks,chinks and crackers are or aren't big enough to translate into laws or to fullfill /pol/'s wetest dreams.
But outright saying there are no races is wrong
>>
>>2330642
Niggas in paris
>>
File: 1336531187184.jpg (74KB, 400x346px)
1336531187184.jpg
74KB, 400x346px
>this is news

This has been happening for a while now, killing zoo rhino's..
>>
File: hitler_facts_07.jpg (136KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hitler_facts_07.jpg
136KB, 960x720px
>>2330620
>>2330731
>>
>>2331165
The article in >>2331156 literally talks about this.
>>2331197
>When large numbers of loci are evaluated, it is often possible to infer individual ancestry, at least approximately. If done accurately and with appropriate reservations, ancestral inference may be useful in genealogical studies, in the forensic arena and in the design of case-control studies. This should not be confused, however, with the use of ethnicity or race (genetically measured or self-identified) to make decisions about drug treatment or other medical therapies. Responses to these therapies will often involve nongenetic factors and multiple alleles, and different populations will often share these alleles. When it finally becomes feasible and available, individual genetic assessment of relevant genes will probably prove more useful than race in medical decision making.

>In the meantime, ethnicity or race may in some cases provide useful information in biomedical contexts, just as other categories, such as gender or age, do. But the potential usefulness of race must be balanced against potential hazards. Ignorance of the shared nature of population variation can lead to diagnostic errors (e.g., the failure to diagnose sickle-cell disease in a European individual or cystic fibrosis in an Asian individual) or to inappropriate treatment or drug prescription. The general public, including policy-makers, are easily seduced by typological thinking, and so they must be made aware of the genetic data that help to prove it wrong.
>>2331197
Nice quote from a man who didn't live to see molecular genetics being born and random cuts from a random article(?).
You may not want to read those articles because they prove you wrong.
http://www.pnas.org/content/94/9/4516.full
http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/current/readings/templeton.pdf
http://www.philbio.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Lewontin-The-Apportionment-of-Human-Diversity.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genetic_clustering
>>
>>2331436
>global warming doesn't exist, because on this specific day in this specific place, it's really cold

You're cherry picking. White teenage comes in with joint pain and fatigue, no doctor should automatically suspect sickle cell. Yes, it's possible, but the likelihood of much greater that it's something else. There's an entire class of heart medication that cannot be given to black men. Do you think it's medically sound to give it to them anyway, because you never know, it might not kill him. Or is it less problematic if we just deny it to all white and Asian people too, because it's obviously unfair to give white people a drug you can't give blacks.
>>
>>2331463
>>In the meantime, ethnicity or race may in some cases provide useful information in biomedical contexts
Jesus...

>Human genetic clustering
>cherry picking
Yeah, no.
>>
at what point do we just exterminate the rhinos so at least those fuckers arent making money off them?
>>
>>2331466
It's cherry picking because you're picking individuals out of those clusters.

That article is nothing new, I read dozens like it in college, it's little more than an opinion piece about feels.

You know nothing about genetics, biology or statistics. You're an expert troll, I'll give you that though. I am very triggered right now.
>>
>>2330731
Of all the sad words of tongue or pen, these are the saddest
"/pol/ is right again"
>>
>>2331494
So what if i'm not gonna pick every single one of them, instead of just the best?
So what if it's not new?
So what if you read many like those?
So what if you project on me?
It's the truth.

The appointment of human diversity and Human genetic clustering are landmarks on science but whatever, you don't need to believe anything you don't want to, nobody is forcing you to leave ignorance.
>>
>>2330987
Remember that a human doesn't fully developed the ability to foresee the risks or consequences for their actions until they're around 25 years old. It is the last thing the brain firms before being fully developed
>>
>>2330941
>What are sub species.

This is what I hate about the modern world. We like to pretend that every other animals are different but when it comes to humans we are all the same. We arn't and it's painfully obvious too.
>>
>>2331520
Honestly if we could build a time machine and track down the assfaggot that invented identity politics and went full on terminator on his ass the world would probably be a much better place.
>>
File: 1430280659793.gif (1MB, 320x174px) Image search: [Google]
1430280659793.gif
1MB, 320x174px
>>2331123

I see, thank you for the insight. I will look into it a bit and see what turns up.

I admit I was shocked at how small it was, but they do good work. Miami government is known to be some of the most rotten municipal government in the US.

And you are right, laws matter. I wonder if Sea World could give her a home of if the transplant would be even more stressful. Seaquarium is nice even without Lolita, and they've clearly scaled her routine for her age. I dont know if the park would suffer or not.

People complain its small and old compared to Sea World. But I thought it was really nice. It just peeves me a bit when extremists pick on organizations that make animals available to the public who honestly seem to be doing their best.

Iirc, Sea World is going ahead with their Blue World project, but are phasing out orca exhibits.

I think its sad myself; I do believe that they can be accommodated in the new huge habitats to be built. I just hate to think a time will come when we can't visit and appreciate such nice animals.

I think most American animal exhibits are quite well run. I have much more animus for the pet industry than animal exhibits.
>>
File: E.jpg (145KB, 636x836px) Image search: [Google]
E.jpg
145KB, 636x836px
I havent read much of the thread, but it seems you guys were discussing race. So I had a question:

How is it that a chihuahua and great dane are considered the same species, but different breeds, and yet so many animals are nearly identical but considered different species altogether.

I read recently that there was a new type of giraffe discovered that was so similar that people completely missed it.

The subject of race and breed confuse me. I wonder, for example, if we found a previous hominid still around, would he be considered a different species? Like Homo Habillus or Homo Erectus?

Assuming he would remain a different species, why would it matter? Theres a lot on the subject of race and taxonomy of humans that doesnt make sense to me, and I assume its the blur of political correctness and long-held philosophies.

Evolution is so glacial that I think its perfectly rational to suspect older genomes can exist contemporary with newer ones, and that "newer" means nothing to nature, and there is no objectively 'better'.

It would seem straightforward, except we live in an age where educated people do things like try to extend human rights to gorillas

I guess it goes back to my original premise that being human isnt as big a deal as we primates seem to think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Ape_Project

"The Great Ape Project ... is an international organization ... who advocate a United Nations Declaration of the Rights of Great Apes that would confer basic legal rights on non-human great apes: chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and orangutans.

The rights suggested are the right to life, the protection of individual liberty, and the prohibition of torture. The organization also monitors individual great ape activity in the United States through a census program. Once rights are established, GAP would demand the release of great apes from captivity; currently 3,100 are held in the U.S., including 1,280 in biomedical research facilities."
>>
>>2331552
There are four main "breeds" of human under the Homo genus: Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid, and Australoid.

They are not considered separate species, but they really should be.
>>
>>2330941
Then why do physicians use race to diagnose different illnesses
Some pathologies are more prvalent in certain races than others
Its also important for organ transplants
>>
>>2330620
It was probably chinese because thats where its going to be sold
>>
>>2331566
see
>>2331156

While i was researching race while ago i read some articles on medical treatment of different races and there is some debate on this but mostly they say what that article says.
"Race" can be a good indicator but should not be used to diagnose anything, since we can't check everybody's DNA to tell if they are prone to problem X.
>>2331520
It's about genes not your eyesight, it has nothing to do with "modern world" views either, it's pure genetics.
>>2331552
Cryptic species are a thing; you are putting too much importance on phenotypes, which is the most common thing people do and it creates all sorts of misconceptions.
>>
>>2331566
What i mean is "race" can indicate that the chances of having X problem is higher but since it doesn't guarantee anything you shouldn't draw conclusions based on it.
>>
Fuck this shit makes me fucking rage, some rhino has to die so some chink cant get his 2 inch pecker hard which doesn't even work because eastern medicine is fucking bullshit, the worst part is that you can cut the horn off the rhino and it won't be affected at all but poachers are too lazy to tranquilize the animal they'd rather just kill it.
>>
>>2331562

It would make sense to me. We would still be united as a family.

>>2331580

Maybe. You sound like you know a lot more about it than I do.
>>
File: praline1_zps94698969.jpg (330KB, 802x535px) Image search: [Google]
praline1_zps94698969.jpg
330KB, 802x535px
>mfw gorilla threw a chunk of wood at a pregnant black woman at our zoo
>family friend said that the gorilla was probably getting revenge for making their kind look bad
>>
>>2331562
Genetically, the for human races are; Bantu, Khoi-San, Congolese Pygmy, and non African.

That's right, a Swede and an Abbo are practically brothers compared to a South African Bushman, and his Bantu neighbors.

And based on genetic drift, East Africans are more closely to related to Arabs and Jews than they are too West Africans.

Skin color is not a good way to define race. But race is very real.
>>
>>2331529
Fucking anti-semite. Kill yourself.
>>
>>2330607
Holy shit, we have the same name.
>>
We are missing th real villain here.

We should be hating the Chink billionaires who pay thousands of dollars to snort rhino horn dust to improve their performance in bed.
>>
File: 1488418007825s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1488418007825s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
>>2331777
>>
>>2330607

It's cool, there's still 3 more left in the entire world.
>>
>>2330748
>And a bad reputation for a good french zoo.

3 gunshots to the rhino's head. 5 night guards on watch. They all claim they didn't hear anything.

Sounds like some bribery/corruption.
>>
>>2331159
>Looking at the price of rhino horns (~30k€ or more), I have to wonder if it's even worth the risk.

Which is why it probably IS a minority group or some other criminals at the bottom of the food chain. This just doesn't come off as a white crime. Too much work for just US$42k.
>>
>>2331789

No, we can pretty much blame this on the US. With all our outsourcing, placing like Vietnam have seen a huge surge in disposable income, which is causing poaching to soar worldwide because they can now afford magical dick powder.
>>
>>2331795
No guns in France. I call bullshit.
>>
>>2331552
>How is it that a chihuahua and great dane are considered the same species, but different breeds, and yet so many animals are nearly identical but considered different species altogether.
Heterochronies are hell of a drug
>>
>>2330607
Why would somebody do that?
>>
I don't understand the difference between the northern white rhino, and the southern white rhino. The northern whites are down to 1 living male and 4 females (?). But the southern whites (which is what died in that French zoo) are much higher in number. Can't they just mix'em up a bit?
>>
File: Image1.jpg (57KB, 538x442px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
57KB, 538x442px
>>2331822

See pic. I don't know the specifics, but they're subspecies so there has to be a difference on the genetic level. Mixing them would be like mixing a labrador and poodle to make a labradoodle.
>>
>>2331818
Paris in November of 2015 would like to disagree with you
>>
>>2331815
If I go out on a mass shooting spree, my employer doesn't get the blame for providing me the funds to purchase the weapon.
Put the blame where it belongs, the subhuman savages supporting the demand because of barbaric beliefs and customs.
>>
>>2331834

It will never happen. The entire EU has some shadow agreement about saying anything bad or doing anything impolite to minorities. You will never hear about any arrest in the news. Mosts of the arrests don't even mention race anymore though everyone here knows exactly what race they are. Police speaking anonymously hold no qualms admitting that well over 90% of the crime is committed by blacks and other "refugees." There is a massive campaign to blackout any info that could make refugees look bad.

If they even open an investigation after seeing that they're black on the security tapes, the people will get off with a stern warning and be back at their day jobs by next week.

You think I'm joking, or exaggerating? Do some research on your on your own.

These poachers will never see justice.
>>
>>2331837
>You think I'm joking, or exaggerating? Do some research on your on your own.
No, I can't say I disagree at all. You made a valid point and backed it up with a well articulated argument.
>>
>>2331436

I'll just admit now that a lot of this seems over my head.

My *assumption* has always been that when something looks like a duck, its a duck. And when it doesn't, it isn't.

For example, I've always *assumed* that the paler northern Europeans are closely related to east Europeans, but not the same. They both would be slightly more removed from Arabs and Semites, but all be in the same 'family'.

They would also be distinct entirely from those in Middle and South Africa, who have great genetic and visible diversity among themselves quite apart from 'color'.

To compare the Irish to Ethiopians as simply a matter of color seems absurd to me. When exhibiting differences in behavior patterns (among each other), rather than equating them as being 'equal' (or the same) when they are not seems ridiculous also. Culture arguments emerge as 'superior and inferior' when nature does not repeat errors; therefore no pattern is wrong, 'superior or inferior', but rather targeted to environment. I dont even think education has much to do with it. Education is important, but I dont think it defines patterns.

The common differences we normally see in behavior come down to patience and pro-self vs pro-social behavior. Neither is 'wrong' but adapted to environment.

Whites appear more patient and pro-social. Patience and slower, intellectually stalled decision making is necessary to reduce impulse emotional decisions. This would seem necessary if you are bound in an environment where being social is necessary to survival, namely on a continent where it is cold and expulsion from a group may mean death. When you are in warm climate where there are natural predators everywhere and everyone is adapted to fast decisions, it is not so great thinking about every decision, one has to react quickly....
>>
File: dominicanrep_teens.jpg (447KB, 1779x1247px) Image search: [Google]
dominicanrep_teens.jpg
447KB, 1779x1247px
>>2331872

... I've rambled away from my point. But what I meant to ask about is what we call 'mulattos' or people who are half black and half white.

I ask >>2331436 because the genetic history of Hispanola has always fascinated me as a laboratory on race. The island is split between Haiti, black, and the Dominican Republic, uniquely mulatto. They have a deeply contentious history and very divided culture. Haiti appears primitive and desolate while the DR is a thriving, modern economy. Like many places in Latin America, you see racial divide among people who themselves are of mixed lineage. Haiti has been accused, rightly or wrongly, of not one but two genocides on whites and mulatos; the DR is presently accused of institutional racism for expelling Haitian migrants.

I just think its a fascinating place to study the subject of race. I myself am a huge fan of the DR because they have worked very hard to create a great economy for themselves and to me, appear as an exemplary model of what is possible when a country with a difficult past makes an effort to build, thrive and prosper.

So my question is, with what >>2331436 says in mind, is how do we view mulattos? Is it a new race? Would Mestizos be considered their own race also? Mestizos are often very proud of both their European and Native heritage.
>>
>>2331818
Dude you can buy an AK in Marseille for 5000€ and it comes with 3 mags.
>>
>>2331552
Implying Verne Troyer couldn't knock up Serena Williams.
>>
File: IMG_5933.jpg (245KB, 708x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5933.jpg
245KB, 708x2048px
>>2331738
>>
File: 1488925794810.jpg (78KB, 583x732px)
1488925794810.jpg
78KB, 583x732px
>>2330607
France is Africa 2.0
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.