[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BIG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 1488710982850.jpg (151KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488710982850.jpg
151KB, 960x960px
BIG
>>
File: 1a1.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1a1.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
Is that a giant African land snail?

>tfw you'll never own one because they can become an invasive pest
>>
>>2329455
If any species is banned in the US you can probably find it in the wild in FL or someone selling it in FL. It's how a few people got these guys but that site has long been shut down.
>>
SNAILED
>>
I want to throw Pikmin at its soft underbelly
>>
>>2329467
MUCUSED
>>
>>2329458
I've heard you can get jail time if you're caught in possession of GALS in the states

>tfw you're known as "the snail guy" in prison and all the other inmates make fun of you
>>
Question...

Why exactly would you WANT to own one of these and why is it illegal?
>>
>>2330711
it's a gigantic snail, pretty cute

they are an invasive species that can be a vector for meningitis
>>
>>2330716
What do you mean by invasive? As in they'll steal your kids and bed your wife?
>>
>>2330735
No women can resist the GALS
>>
>>2329455
>>2329652
they're really cool pets, but they lay their eggs at least 11 times a year in the dirt in their tanks

i dont understand people not just cleaning the dirt out once a month and freezing the egg dirt before replacing it though, seems like a pretty easy solution
>>
>>2329652
Who the fuck is going to know? It's not like an under cover cop is going to trick you.

As long as you don't brag about it online or post pictures everywhere no one is going to give a shit.
>>
>>2331155
I imagine getting them in the first place would be problematic. You'd probably have to import them and if customs find them and see you were going to get illegal snails shipped that could lead to trouble.
>>
their eggs can be fertilized without a male snail around? are they all herms?
>>
I live in south Miami, there's a neighborhood near me that had these snails infest the area like 5 years ago, and a shitload of money was spent scouring the neighborhood for all of them and killing them. The entire area now has bi yearly inspections to see if the snails have come back, even so many years later. There are signs in the neighborhood reminding people to immediately report any sightings.
if these things get into any of the agriculture here they'll destroy entire harvests and become nearly irremovable from local ecosystems since they reproduce so fast and have no predators here
these things EAT the stucco off the sides of houses to get the minerals to build their shells, they can cause actual structural damage to homes.
if even one person who owns one of these is careless with it, they could potentially destroy all the agriculture in the state.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/29/illegal-giant-snails-threatening-america/
>>
File: enternalfrench.jpg (8KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
enternalfrench.jpg
8KB, 200x260px
>>2329449
>mfw snail steak
>>
[HEAVY FRENCH BREATHING]
>>
File: url.jpg (10KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
10KB, 222x227px
>>2329449
>>
>>2331168
>witch hunt for giant super mario tier snails
florida retaining it's reputation for the weirdest state
am not dissapoint
>>
>>2331157
>not being cites certified

It's like your a faggot or something.

There's otherways to get them outside of shipping them in. If they're legal in Canada you find them.
>>
>>2331158
Most snails are herms, but I'm jot sure that they can self fertilize.
>>
MEATY
>>
I usually love all animals, but there's just something about this that makes me want to pour salt all over it. Not really out of hatred, but more out of curiosity.
>>
>>2329449
floppy doggo
>>
>>2330735
They'll destroy your box garden overnight and have no natural predators in the states.

>>2329449
I wonder how loud that would squeal if I splashed it with ammonia...
>>
>>2329449
It looks very dry. Is it going to be okay?
>>
>>2331252
EYE STALKS
>>
>>2329449
This image fills me with terror and disgust, mostly terror.
I think this is my phobia
>>
File: 0001.jpg (53KB, 215x272px) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
53KB, 215x272px
>>2329449
woof woof
>>
>>2330750
You're kinda right, there's actually a huge amount of women into snail keeping ratio-wise, especially among the other exotics.

>>2329455
Achatina reticulata in particular, there's a lot of species of GALS which can vary a lot in size.

There's some perspective hocus pocus going on in that picture but the tiger land snail achatina achatina can actually get to be that size, thought their shell is a bit more stumpy than pointy.

>>2331158
>>2331245
Yep, they can self-fertilize. Like most herm animals they prefer not to, but they can.

>>2330716
>can be a vector for meningitis

With pet snails though there's no chance of them carrying the meningitis causing lung ratworm unless you got a wild-caught one. Captive snails will never have been exposed to rat droppings so will have no chance of getting infected. There's also that the main mode of infection in a human is eating uncooked snail flesh. And like any animal you should keep up general hygiene like washing your hands after handling.
>>
>>2329449
owning one of this is my dream, they're so cute but i imagine they'd leave disgusting slime all over the place
>>
>>2332322
Waking up to something covering your mouth so you turn your lamp on to see this on top of your face and its stalks move down to look you right in the eyes, you mean?
>>
>>2329449

looks like a snail rabbit to me
>>
>>2329449
For you.
>>
>>2332448
I want to put a baby rabbit in its mouth
>>
>>>2329449
I wonder what that feels like on your dick.
>>
>>2332937
would it hurt if it tried to eat your bellend
>>
>>2333177
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>2333252
It's a big snail
>>
>>2333350
For you
>>
>>2331370
do they squeal tho
>>
>>2329449
I'm not entirely sure why, but snails give me the creeps.
>>
>>2329479
Underrated
>>
>>2329449

>tfw africans are too stupid to breed these things for meat

>tfw I'll never get exotic imported snail steak
>>
>>2330711
>why is it illegal?
I had a small outbreak of regular snails a few years ago.
They nearly stripped one of my trees bare of leaves.

Now imagine the appetite that Sticky there has. And it's self fertilizing. And there's nothing around here that could kill it other than Man.
Loose a few in some Midwest cornfields and you're going to see a LOT of problems.
>>
>>2331370
>not dumping some salt on it
>>
>>2334109
Africans already eat them you dumb Frenchie.
>>
>>2331355
Congratulations, you are officially a sociopath!
>>
>>2334250
But do they BREED them?
>>
>>2334109
Er they do breed them for food?
>>
>>2335438
See
>>2335444
It's just not common, to get big they take a couple of years or more so it's easier to poach them
>>
>>2332430
> My first experience eating out a girl
>>
>>2333369
y-you too
>>
>>2335435
I'm pretty sure anti-social personality disorder can only be diagnosed with behavior that is displayed towards humans.

Man, damn those rules, right? Snail-abuse not being worthy of a behavioral disorder? Snails are people too! And worms! Think of how many people abuse worms. But why stop there? Protozoa should be treated better as well. Who knows? Maybe the feel pain in a different way.
>>
>>2335444
>>2335446
They carry nematodes.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.