[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello my chicken was just attacked and has a this wound (ill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: neck.jpg (316KB, 1340x1600px) Image search: [Google]
neck.jpg
316KB, 1340x1600px
Hello my chicken was just attacked and has a this wound (ill upload real pic in a sec, i know >take it to the vet
but thats not an option right now, in fact its not even my chicken or dog its another family members.

What do i need to do?
>>
File: real.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
real.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>2328989
heres the actual injury, you can see where the tooth has pierced the skin
>>
Clean it out keep it away from whatever caused it and keep an eye on it. Make sure where ever its being kept is clean aswell
>>
>>2328991
first thing ive done was isolated it as i noticed other chickens pecking at it. called my vet and they told me they can euthanise it but nothing else.

when cleaning its wound should i use salt water? or will that overly stress the chicken or something?
>>
>>2328992

Clean it with saline. Keep it separate from the other hens, chickens are cannibals and will peck each other to death.

Where exactly is the wound? Really difficult to see from just a picture.
>>
>>2328993
the neck, its been cleaned with saline. Im surprised she didnt flinch while i flushed it several times. Shes isolated too. Do i need to wrap the wound?
>>
>>2328996

Have you got anything like blu-kote (purple spray) to hand?

You could wrap it- but I'd be worried about pressure in that area, basically the only reason to wrap it would be to avoid it getting anything in the wound/to stop her itching at it herself.If you do decide to wrap it, I'd rewrap at least daily to monitor healing.

The big worry here is infection.
>>
if i were you i'd break her neck and clean her out and make a nice stock
>>
>>2329026
best "disenfectants" i have are iodine and isopropyl. I think both would be a bad choice though. I decided to leave it unwrapped, Im curious how long it will take to heal, maybe 2 weeks?

>>2329033
i actually learned how to snap the neck after seeing her injured, just in case it was worse. But my ethics wouldnt let me kill her.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.