[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newborn puppies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: puppies.jpg (498KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
puppies.jpg
498KB, 1600x1200px
So here's my story /an/

I'm just writing this because I need a place to share this.

Around one week ago, my dad brought home two newborn pups that someone abandoned in a dump. He wanted to give them a second chance. The thing is that he doesn't know anything about taking care of pups this young. I've a bit more knowledge because I raised a month old dog that I found near home. So what he did (almost immediately) is to leave all the responsibility of the pups to me. He has excuse of working almost all day. So I've been doing my best to feed and clean them. A job that's really emotially draining. I cannot leave home because pups this young have to drink milk every 3 hours. So if I sleep more than two hours or if I'm not around they'll starve.

For certain reasons, one of them got pneumonia three days ago. We took it to the vet and he did his best to cure the puppy. Thing seemed to get better, but just for a couple of hours. Long story short, now the pup is barely moving. The vet told me to give him a special milk. He also told me that if he doesn't get better until tomorrow, I should put him to sleep.

So now I've got many mixed feeling about this whole situation. I feel sad because of the whole situation. I feel guilty because in the end it is my fault because it was my responsibility to take care of them properly. I don't really know what to do. I'm the only thing keeping him live a life of pure suffering. I could end this, but my dad seems to be reluctant to the idea of killing the puppy.

That's more or less what my life has been the last week.

Sorry for the blogpost (and bad english), but as I said I needed a place to share this.
>>
>>2328181
Can't you try and find a breeder who had a litter recently instead?
>>
>>2328196
The desition wasn't mine...
>>
That sucks OP. How's the other pup doing?

Obviously, you're the only one that can really make a call on the sick one. I'd listen to the vet over the dad that just dumped them on your lap.
>>
>>2328225
The other one is doing ok as far as I understand. He eats every 3 hours, then pees and poops and then sleeps. Everything a pup should do.

Well, the puppy seems to be about to die. It barely breaths, so I guess we won't need to take this desition.

And can't blame my father so much. He works all day, but he could'nt just leave the pups in that dump.
>>
>>2328219
Yes, and?
Why does the puppies landing in your lap prevent you from finding a breeder who had a litter recently exactly? Tell me, I'm interested.
>>
>>2328279
To be fair, what kind of breeder would want rando puppies mixing in with their very vaunerable pups? They might have fleas, mites, worms, the one already might have had pnenomia, etc. He could post on craigslist in case but if he did find a nursing bitch it's probably a byb.

OP should just hand them over to the vet or shelter. If one has pnenomia then the other is probably going to get sick soon too.
>>
>>2328285
This. I live in a small town and most people are really selfish. It wouldn't have been an easy task. Maybe we should have tried. I don't know. But as I said, the puppies aren't mine. I can't even decide to put the poor thing to sleep. I have to watch it suffer...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.