[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 20170302_234655 - Copy.jpg (411KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_234655 - Copy.jpg
411KB, 2000x1500px
What in the holy name of Christ is this thing? I live on the 26th floor of an apartment building. I'm not supposed to have bugs. In one and a half years I haven't had so much as a spider or fly. So why is THIS THING here? How powerful is it? Can it hurt me? Can it be killed? What do I do with it? Are there more?

Someone please help me I don't know if the glass can hold it
>>
>>2327923
house centipeed

vulnerable to fire. 1d6 damage. 2HP. 1d20 GP.
>>
>>2327923
uh oh. when you find one, it means there's a breeding ground of them. of course, they don't ever all come out at once. i've only ever seen 2 at a time, but never in the same place, so i'm guessing they are solo creatures. but unless your landlord or whoever is in charge of the apartment maintenance literally tear out your floor boards and kill all their eggs, they're basically here to stay. expect to see more of them in the coming months.

they're not that bad, they eat termites, spiders, bedbugs, cockroaches, silverfish, etc.... they just ugly as fuck. never been bitten by one, but i don't think they're poisonous.
>>
House centipedes are bros. they eat all the other insects in your house. they have no interest in humans or human food. they're ugly to look at, but harmless and actually kinda helpful
>>
>>2327923
House centipedes are a good thing, they obliterate roaches.
>>
>>2327923
To add to everything said, they're also scared of you and will hide if you turn on the lights.
They won't bite you.
>>
House Centipedes, bruh. I hate the fuck out of these pieces of shit, and once you've seen one, you will now be haunted by finding them more often now that you know they exist.
They bite, but are unlikely to try to actively do it (it's almost like a bee sting) and they hunt other pest insects, so they're harmless and considered beneficial.

However, they're fucking creepy, can sprint lightning fast up walls and across floors and only appear in the darkest corners of spaces and at night; meaning turning a light on at night or opening one of those dark spaces will almost guarantee one will eventually sprint the fuck out and retreat to the nearest dark corner, like under the bed or some shit. They also like moisture so expect to find them in your bathroom when you need to take a shit at night.
>>
>>2327936
>Unless your landlord or whoever is in charge of the apartment maintenance literally tear out your floor boards and kill all their eggs, they're basically here to stay

Well, not just on OP's floor. To get rid of a bug infestation, the entire building needs to be cleansed. Which would mean clearing all 25 floors below OP (more if there's any above him) and the foundation as well, all at the same time.
>>
>>2328002
>>2328229

This one didn't seem afraid of me or the lights at all; it was just casually meandering across the carpet and wall with the lights fully on. When I poked at it with a knife to get it off the wall so I could capture it it didn't even freak out and shoot off at sanic speed like I was expecting, it just picked up the pace a little and started jogging towards the kitchen which is even BRIGHTER and has light marble floors.

Like I said I've also never seen a single other insect in this apartment except for tiny little gnats that sometimes slip through the window screen so I have no idea what this thing has been eating or how it got so fucking BIG. Unless it came from someone else's filthy apartment. I also regularly stay up late at night so if these things have around I would have seen them.

Eventually I slid some paper under the glass and carried it outside. But it probably died since it was freezing out and was on a bare concrete balcony 26 stories from the ground. I don't know if that was the right thing to do but I don't know what else there was to be done. I just couldn't let that thing be roaming around in the room with me. I would have preferred for it not to die for my convenience but I prayed to God for guidance and receive none so I did the best I could. If what I did was wrong I can only hope to be held accountable for it on the day of reckoning.
>>
>>2327923
Jesus Christ I know overreactions to these things are common but if they have this effect on you I don't know how the fuck you go outside without passing out from an anxiety attack.
>>
>>2328249
They eat other insects (roaches too) and even eat frigging spiders.

Chances are they are one of the reasons why you never saw other insects in your apartment.
>>
>>2328273

I don't give a shit if they're outside they're supposed to be there and when I'm outside I'm alert and ready to defend myself if need be. What I don't need is to glimpse them out of the corner of my eye crawling across my carpet like they own the place while I'm trying to play Truck Simulator.
>>
I kill them if I see them being all fancy free in full lighting and plain sight but otherwise i don't bother to hunt them down. Same policy on certain spiders (big brown ones). Little spiders and orb weavers are safe under my auspices.
>>
Here's the thing. You said a "queef is a fart." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is an Alabama redneck who studies farts, I am telling you, specifically, in Alabama, no one calls queefs farts. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing. If you're saying "fart family" you're referring to the gastronomic grouping of flatulence, which includes things from shit bubbles to tear-assers to Alabama mweep-mwoppers. So your reasoning for calling a queef a fart is because random people "call the ass ones farts?" Let's get diarrhea and bloodfarts in there, then, too. Also, calling someone a Newfoundlander or a gassy person? It's not one or the other, that's not how gastronomy works. They're both. A queef is a queef and a member of the fart family. But that's not what you said. You said a queef is a fart, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the fart family farts, which means you'd call piss, the runs, and other waste removal processes farts, too. Which you said you don't. It's okay to just admit you're gassy, you know?
>>
>>2328306
>I don't give a shit if they're outside they're supposed to be there

Nigger why do you think they're called house centipedes?
>>
just a house bropede. it tickles when you let them crawl on you. I've found one in the house that I've been in for almost 20 years, but have never seen one again after that, so I wouldn't worry about the popping up everywhere that people are claiming
>>
You're gonna have to burn the house down OP
>>
>>2328249
You didn't do anything wrong. That thing just turned around and came right back inside through one of the many tiny imperceptible openings on the outside of a house. You'll likely never see it again, though.
>>
>>2327923
>In one and a half years I haven't had so much as a spider or fly

That thing is the reason why
>>
>>2328249
Their proper environment is inside the house, not outdoors.
You know how your intestines are supposed to harbor a certain amount of "good" bacteria? (You actually need bacteria to not get sick.) Well house centipedes are like that, they're necessary for a properly maintained dwelling. Without them and house spiders and other "allied" arthropods, the balance between humans and pest bugs is completely thrown off (in favor of the pests).
>>
>>2327999
This desu. Throw em under the house and let em have at the roaches, everyone.
>>
>>2327923
Scutigère. Hunts efficiently all other pests. Your apart is probably a bit moldy.

>>2328249
Weird, it's usually really scared of human presence. Maybe ha just ate and was groggy.
>>
>>2327923
These guys are great to have in your house, but they still scare the fuck out of me. As long as they don't hide in my towel or come anywhere near me, then we're cool.
>>
File: 1488469363941.jpg (60KB, 960x892px) Image search: [Google]
1488469363941.jpg
60KB, 960x892px
>>2327925
I kek'd
>>
>>2327923
Well the lot of you have told what's going on, but lets zoom in to one question here:
>So why is THIS THING here?
The thing is there to eat all those delicious bugs you claim to have not in your building: well you have, thousands, millions, zillions - yes - perhaps even more bugs.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.