[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I never visit here so bear with me. I recently adopted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20170301_213701.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_213701.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hello, I never visit here so bear with me.

I recently adopted a cat from a rescue he is 10 months old. However he has been sick since I adopted him. Apparently he has an URI. I saw the cat 2 weeks ago at a petco and he was healthy so I guess he got this recently (he was neutered almost a week ago and I adopted him the very next day.)

He eats A LOT and drinks A LOT of water. He also jumps around and acts crazy lol. Problem is he has a wheezing sound when he breaths and he sneezes mucus with blood. They gave me Orbax on Monday and I have been giving him that. He is sneezing a lot less but when he does its thick green mucus with a bit of blood.

I DO Not want to give him back unless he has some sort of disease that will require money which I don't have (I'm in college) the rescue gave me 30 days of free vet service. Their vet saw him 2 days ago and confirmed that it's an URI and the Orbax should take it away with time.

However I know she works with the rescue so I'm paranoid she is BSing me.

Any vets here that could give me some peace of mind? He was licking his incision 3 days ago and I got him a e collar. I took it off today so he could eat in peace but he started licking his balls aggressively and took off a black scab he had there. Does this look like a well done neuter job?
>>
The neuter is fine, your cat is licking his balls raw and taking out stitches. Keep the cone on. If you have to take it off, only do so when you can watch him and put it on again right after. You're lucky the insurance covers URI. 90% don't after 10 days of adopting, because of how incredibly common it is. URI is nothing to worry about unless your cat stops eating. I know you said you don't have the money right now, you should look into budgeting now for potential vet visits later. There's a lot of tricks out there to save money on pets so you can put that saved money towards emergency funds.
>>
>>2327330
What tricks are there? My gf cat used to live with me and she never got sick since I never let her outside the house.
>>
>>2327332
It's not about tricks to keep them from getting sick so much, as some of that is just pure accident or genetic and unavoidable. They are tricks to just save money so you can put that money towards vet funds. For example, never ever buy cat toys. You can make toys out of literal trash that cats love. Look into DIY cat toys. If you have to buy a lot of something like cat food or litter, buy it in the biggest bag you can, It will be cheaper in the long run. Litter can be replaced with much cheaper substances like wood chips (you can buy these in bulk for use in horse stable) and wood pellets. If you have the time you can even make your own litter out of newspaper (look up newspaper litter DIY). Try not to buy litter box liners, it's an unnecessary cost.
>>
Inject him.with a seringue full of air.
This always fix the problem.
>>
>>2327449
Thnks
>>
>>2327751

It will "fix" as in kill your cat dead.
>>
>>2327937
Kek
>>
>>2327323

By your description, it sounds like a URI. Luckily your cat still seems to have a lot of energy to run around, drink water, and eat. It's bad if they are hiding, not eating or drinking, and breathe with their mouths open.

URIs take about 1-3 weeks to resolve, so I have a feeling he'll get better with some rest and relaxation.

P.S. URIs are usually spread in close quarters like at the shelter, and they'll flare up in times of stress (i.e. when you move somewhere or introduce a new cat to the household), so it's not surprising your cat just got a URI.
>>
>>2328312
Thanks. He also had diarrhea. The vet took a poop sample it came back clear so it should be the antibiotics. He keeps getting poop on his cone and he is not able to really clean himself off. It has been almost a week since he got neutered. But he took off the scab and it started bleeding like 3 days ago. Should I take the cone off or wait until it completely heals?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.