[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 15

File: 1488356928318.jpg (407KB, 1440x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1488356928318.jpg
407KB, 1440x1620px
School education
>>
>>2326816
am I supposed to be mad about this or something? better than amerifats never learning about how their burgers are made
>>
File: 1488371377958.gif (452KB, 240x244px) Image search: [Google]
1488371377958.gif
452KB, 240x244px
>>
Pigs are smarter than dogs and we eat them in my country. Cows have best friends and love being petted and we eat those too. I love my dog but I understand that the animals that it's okay or not okay to eat differs by culture.
>>
>>2326884
>Pigs are smarter than dogs

proof? what kind of dog?

pigs can have their mother killed right in front of them and it doesn't even faze them
>>
>>2326884
>I understand that the animals that it's okay or not okay to eat differs by culture.
Not really, we don't eat dogs because they are omnivores and thus full of parasites.

>>2326816
boo hoo, kids know how is meat made ;_;
>>
>>2326816
I honesty wish this was something all children were educated about. There is a reality towards meat that you are shielded from living in the city.

I don't say this as a hipster vegan faggot. More that most people have probably never seen an animal taken to slaughter.
>>
>>2326816
A-are they gonna make Japanese hamburgers? It Looks very scary
>>
>>2326891
caring about your mom doesn't mean you're intelligent
>>
>>2326906
What I'll never forget about the slaughter house is the smell. That rancid, chicken shit and guts smell.
>>
>>2326896
>Not really, we don't eat dogs because they are omnivores and thus full of parasites.
Oh fuck off. Chickens and pigs are omnivores yet we eat truckloads of them.
>>
File: 1389959975905.jpg (42KB, 505x465px) Image search: [Google]
1389959975905.jpg
42KB, 505x465px
>>2326816
Looks like a good thing to me.

My babysitter had me slit a pig's throat and put a bucket under it to collect the blood when I was like 6.
I still hear the pig's screams to this day.
>>
>>2326816
Kids with perspective that won't grow up to be weeping faggots when faced with the true nature of life on Earth. Good on you, Asians.
>>
>>2326997
She should have had you do it multiple times until you were desensitized to it.
>>
File: 1487975057525.jpg (70KB, 559x836px) Image search: [Google]
1487975057525.jpg
70KB, 559x836px
>>2326945
>tfw to intelligent to be fazed by death
>>
>>2327001
They're fazed by the prospect of their own death. They just don't care much about their parents or siblings.
>>
If you're not prepared to make an animal die you shouldn't eat meat.
>>
>>2327013
This. And also you're a weak untermensch with no right to breathe the same air was upstanding Homo sapiens.
>>
>>2327013
This so much.
>>
File: tumblr_n9hu0nXMix1sojt82o1_1280.jpg (519KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9hu0nXMix1sojt82o1_1280.jpg
519KB, 1280x960px
Teaching children where meat comes from will give them a greater respect for it later in life.
If Americans did that more then we probably wouldnt have such a heavy disrespect and thanklessness for food.
Eating animals isnt wrong but acting like our food doesnt come from animals is
>>
>>2327013
>if you're not prepared to treat sewage you should not own a house
>if you're not prepared to machine an engine block you shouldn't ride the bus
>if you're not prepared to perform open heart surgery you shouldn't have kids
etc.
>>
>>2327100
My family has owned dairy goats for years, and we've always eaten the extra boys that we didn't sell as bucks. We usually send them to our local butcher, but we've done it a couple times ourselves. I used to get attached to them, but I'm pretty much ambivilant at this point.
>>
>>2327100
I'll hug the next steak I eat and think of you.
>>
>>2327104
>>2327104
your analogies are shitty
It's not the matter of the human effort that has to happen down the line for your action to take place like the butchering work itself, it's how people will totally shove their partial responsibility for destroying an animal under the rug. Not saying that eating animals is wrong, just saying that most people don't consider the full outcome of their lives and that society would be a etter place in general if they did.
>>
>>2327114
And before you pin an imaginary persona to me this is my first post in the thread.
>>
File: tumblr_olhe0kdbSw1tq6w18o1_500.jpg (103KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olhe0kdbSw1tq6w18o1_500.jpg
103KB, 422x750px
>>2327110
Eh you dont have to do that.
Just make sure the next steak you eat is one worth eating
Making good food out of meat is the best way to be respectful imo
>>
>>2327121
I'm sure the factory slaughtered cow I'm going to enjoy devouring really appreciates it.
>>
>>2327114
>your analogies are shitty
your understanding is shitty.
it's not about the labor, it's about paying other people to do things you don't like.

you do it all the fucking time. Unless you invented and built that computer you're typing on?
>>
>>2327126
>it's about paying other people to do things you don't like
Which is exactly what labor is and specifically what I said it isn't about. Are you retarded?
Your shitty analogy would work if someone had to club livestock over the head every time you flushed a toilet or if you had to sacrifice something to ensure a successful surgery.
>>
>>2327131
oh, I see. The things you don't like are more important than the things other people don't like.

got it. You're a special snowflake that thinks clubbing babby seals is somehow different from hanging drywall or mowing the lawn.
>>
>>2327133
what did he mean by this
>>
File: stirner is amused.png (319KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
stirner is amused.png
319KB, 803x688px
>>2327133
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

>>2327134
Qualia ain't shit. There's no compelling evidence that even another human being feels anything. You are all my property, I just have not yet taken possession of you.
>>
>>2327136
>There's no compelling evidence that even another human being feels anything.
Most people are willing to pretend they do because they like to have sex with other people.

you're the same, but with chickens.
>>
>>2327136
>backpatting your own posts

What does what I like have anything to do with it. I'm not a bleeding heart and have hunted and eaten animals. I'm saying that people should understand and respect animals as autonomous beings and be able to differentiate mammals from construction projects.
If you can't even get past brain in a vat theory no one can help you anyway.
>>
>>2326891
And I bet if you raise a kid from birth around constant death without any education or training, it wouldn't give a shit about death either. Environment matters
>>
File: stirner.jpg (54KB, 476x536px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
54KB, 476x536px
>>2327143
>>2327144

>mfw this is my first post in the exchange and both other posters think I'm against them
>>
>>2327144
>people should understand and respect animals as autonomous beings and be able to differentiate mammals from construction projects.
despite the fact that almost nobody does this?

what's your basis for thinking they should?
>>
>>2327145
I bet it's mother wouldn't roll over, crush it to death by accident, and then eat it though.
>>
>>2327147
>my
>I'm
your name is the same as mine here
>>
>>2327147
The first reply was so nonsensical that I just assumed anyone congradulating it was the same dummy but apparently I set the bar too high.
>>
>>2327152
>actually taking Stirner posts seriously
Maybe it is you who are the dummy
>>
>>2327152
>The first reply was so nonsensical
in the back of your mind you probably realize most of the people in the world don't think of animals as anything more than somewhat mobile carrots.

but this causes dissonance when compared to your own love of critters and that of the faggots around you. How can we love something so much when the rest of the world happily kills it and eats it?

you simply ignore the rest of the world and deny it exists. Surely the very idea is ludicrous. Nonsensical even! Slaughtering animals being a job just like any other! The very notion!
>>
>>2327153
>thinking everyone else has the same autismo meme catalogue that you do
>>
>>2327156
>tfw I love certain animals but am perfectly happy to slaughter others, even of the same kind
Is something wrong with my, or am I the Overman?
>>
>>2327158
perfectly normal.
in related news you may be quite distressed if you mom starves to death but not even notice when a stranger you've never met does.
>>
>>2327156
>in the back of your mind you probably realize most of the people in the world don't think of animals as anything more than somewhat mobile carrot

I think that most people think a steak or a chicken nugget is the same thing as a carrot but would have issues with watching and understanding the process of turning fuzzy animals into those things. Again, I'm not one of those people. Slaughtering in mass and eating meat in mass is just fine if dont right right but the general public's refusal to even turn their eyes toward it is what lets horrible unethical situations exist. Killing animals isn't wrong but forcing them to live miserable lives is. I think most people would legitimately have problems with the way meat is produced and that our practices could be made better if they wouldn't turn a blind eye.
>>
>>2327165
>if don't don't right
if done right, jesus christ
>>
>>2327165
I too prefer "free range"chickens that shit and peck each other to death in a giant filthy longhall
>>
>>2327165
>Killing animals isn't wrong but forcing them to live miserable lives is.
another statement with no rational backing

>I think most people would legitimately have problems with the way meat is produced
despite the fact that every single one of your ancestors killed and butchered meat? Most of them did it daily?

I'm not sure why you'd think that.
>>
>>2327168
Protip: No morality has any rational backing.
>>
>>2327170
I am aware.
so it comes down to either one's own feelings or the feelings of the majority.

animal rights types are just trying to elevate their feelings above the majority. Which is cute but rarely works.
>>
>>2327171
>>2327168
They can pick footage that will make normies feel sick but wouldn't phase their hardier ancestors. People today are pampered and spoiled with little understanding of what life is like for the vast majority of entities throughout history.
>>
>>2327172
>They can pick footage that will make normies feel sick but wouldn't phase their hardier ancestors.
you're on 4chan. Literally the best proof in the world that exposure to shocking things results in numbness, not outrage or avoidance.
>>
>>2327170
>>2327171

Doesn't apply to the conversation but morality absolutely has rational backing if you live in a society of people, who inherently have feelings that effect your feroda level existence of pure rationality.

Someone could at least argue that shitty farming practices produce low quality food or worse, breed antibiotic resistance.
>>
>>2327184
>morality absolutely has rational backing if you live in a society of people, who inherently have feelings that effect your feroda level existence of pure rationality.
that's not rational backing of morals.
that's rational backing of pretending to accept other people's irrational 'morals.'
>>
>>2327178
It produces numbness in the people that continue to stay on 4chan. Your sample is skewed and doesn't include any of the people that see horror and never come back.
>>
>>2327188
ah yes, the belief that you're "special" because you can stomach the stuff that gets posted here while "normies" could never make it.

protip, you're a normie. People aren't chased away by gore or anything else here. They might pretend to be offended (virtue signaling), but the users here are almost painfully average.
>>
>>2327192
It takes a true normie to see yourself so exceptionally.
>>
>>2327194
exactly.

it is normal human behavior to become calloused by repeated exposure to unpleasant stimuli. We are all built that way. Some will deny it to try to seem special.
>>
>>2326884
Pigs are smarter than bears but they can't ride motorcycles.
>>
>>2327195
This is why it's usually hunters, not vegans, that propose everyone should have to kill their own meat.

vegans are beginning to realize that if you let everyone kill their dinner, most people will like it. Something hunters already know.
>>
We disected frogs, cats, piglets, earthworms and pig hearts in my middle school science class. It was awful due to the formaldehyde which made me too nauseous to get too close. Instead I learned hummingbird food solidifies so hard that a janitor will give up chiseling it out of a desk and throw the whole thing out.

We did dissect a fresh squirrel I found outside and helped teach how to skin, tan the hide and clean it's bones. Science teacher had a salvage permit and thought it'd be more engaging instead of talking about spores. He was a boss teacher.
>>
>>2327184
>Doesn't apply to the conversation but morality absolutely has rational backing if you live in a society of people, who inherently have feelings that effect your feroda level existence of pure rationality.

>feelings
>rational

>Someone could at least argue that shitty farming practices produce low quality food or worse, breed antibiotic resistance.
What's the rational basis to want good farming practice or worry about germs? What's the rational reason to even be alive. Go on, tell me. Philosophers have struggled over this for millennia but I'm sure you know the answer.
>>
>>2327227
there is no point.
your life is pointless, go do whatever makes you feel good.

if you feel good killing animals then do it. If you feel good acting like it's better not to kill animals then do that. But don't get to thinking other people will invariably agree with how you get your kicks.
>>
>>2326906
I think it's a good idea for children to be taught, but I doubt it will really faze most of them. Every kid will react differently to it. Growing up I would visit my relatives in Mexico once a year and my uncles would slaughter a cow or a few goats and let my cousins and I watch. It didn't really bother me knowing that the food we ate the next day had come from a living animal, and it's pretty gruesome how they slaughter them too. Meanwhile a friend of mine felt sad about seeing cows and goats at the county fair and ever since then stopped eating meat. Some people are just more sensitive than others, doesn't make one viewpoint right or wrong.
>>
>>2327104
>implying I'm not prepared to do all those things if I have to
>>
File: Down-Syndrome.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Down-Syndrome.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>claims to love animals
>eats them
Really made me think
>>
>>2326884
>Pigs are smarter than dogs
really? is that because of the thousands of years theyve been trained to work on farms, guard property, and be companions like dogs have?
>>
>>2327425
>spend thousands of years breeding only the smartest dogs
>dogs are less independently intelligent than their ancestors
we weren't breeding for intelligence, we were breeding for trainability.
>>
>>2327427
>less independently intelligent than their ancestors
proof?
breeding for train-ability IS breeding for intelligence. the more skills a dog is taught the more synapses are created in its brain
>>
File: drw6umnh68hy.jpg (152KB, 538x604px) Image search: [Google]
drw6umnh68hy.jpg
152KB, 538x604px
>>2327197
checkmate vegan scum
>>
>>2327429
a wolf also make synapses by learning how to wolf

dogs are bred to be juvelines, have smaller brain, and absolutely dependent to humans
they dont reach the problem solving,independent socialy functioning adult state that of a wolf
>>
Are you saying you never cracked open a pig before? I have.
>>
File: 2016-12-27 07-14-35.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-27 07-14-35.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>not killing one or two pigs every winter to have meat for the entire season for your family
lmao I didn't realize this board is full of city dwelling leftcucks
>>
>>2327429
>the more skills a dog is taught the more synapses are created in its brain
kek
>>
>>2326945
This. We tend to think only human-like reactions are considered as a form of intelligence
>>
File: GB.jpg (212KB, 1465x826px) Image search: [Google]
GB.jpg
212KB, 1465x826px
sayonara
>>
>>2326816
How can I be a vegetarian /An/? I fall off the wagon like every other day
>>
>>2326906
>>2326906
>>2327384
You know how people like to shield children from the world on stuff like this is stupid. It doesn't have any lasting affect on anyone. Anyone that says so is full of shit
>>
>>2326998
Asians aren't born without souls so your point is moot
>>
>>2327016
To think that our ancestors were berry pickers.
>>2327100
Someone with a brain
>>2327124
If you were going to die would you rather be dined on my the gods or ditched in a gutter to rot
>>2327133
What is reading comprehension? Go back
>>
>>2326884
do cows really enjoy being pet? one time my village idiot hit cow with the wrench in the face for trying to cuddle up on him.
>>
>>2328051
>If you were going to die would you rather be dined on my the gods
I like the way you think
>>
>>2326816
This should be mandatory everywhere.

having no idea how your food gets on the supermarket generates city snobs that only think of animals as pets.
>>
>>2326906
Living in a country that started seriously urbanizing pretty much 60 years ago, I often don't realize how distant from nature people can be in greatly developed western nations.
>>
>>2326992
The ones we eat are typically fed vegetarian diets
>>
>>2327413
You can love animals and still eat them. I, personally, love animals for their delicious flavors and texture. Goat meat when cooked right is best meat.
>>
>>2328047
The sad thing is, shielding people, children or otherwise, is the worst possible thing you can do. It only reinforces whatever trauma they have and psychologically cripples them.

Like, if someone has a phobia of heights. You get them to climb a ladder, once they get on, you do not let them off, not until they reach the top. Obviously you don't rush them, or threaten them with some kind of punishment if they fail. They need to take their time in a calm controlled environment. But you get them on that ladder, and you get them to climb each step, over and over again. And then once they reach the top, you get them to jump off. (obviously onto a rubber mat or net or something) And you do this as many times as is needed.

Once they've done this enough times, they are no longer terrified of heights.

It's why the whole "safe space" phenomena online and on college/university campuses makes me laugh. Because they are literally doing the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do in a stressful situation. It's a never ending cycle of fear induction. They are indoctrinating themselves into having PTSD. Over something as trivial as listening to someone with a different opinion talk. Hell, they don't even have to listen, no one is forcing anyone to attend those speeches.
>>
>>2328028
Why do you want to be vegetarian? Legit question. Your lack of willpower could be tied to your reasoning
>>
>>2328028
Don't be a vegetarian. It's not fun.
>>
File: 1488360530385.jpg (94KB, 505x711px) Image search: [Google]
1488360530385.jpg
94KB, 505x711px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9BKVBBpQ74
>>
>>2326884
>I understand that the animals that it's okay or not okay to eat differs by culture.
[autistic screeching]
>>
>>2326816
Reminds me of when I went to a fish hatchery in preschool for a field trip
>>
>>2328511
Also reminds me of when my younger sister decapitated a turkey for our church Thanksgiving meal.
Technically the boys in the church were going to do it but apparently she actually beheaded it. The look on our mom's face when she cheerfully walked in to the church basement covered in turkey blood was something to behold

In short, having kids realize that animals get turned into food by killing them is something that might phase them a bit at first but it's just the way the world works. The sooner they know that the better
>>
>>2326884
Its more like how much meat they can get for as little of food needed, dogs take a while to get big with little meat compared to cows/pigs/chickens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed_conversion_ratio
>>
>come back to thread
>half the posts are deleted

Holy shit, since when did /an/ have janitors/mods?

Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?
>>
>>2327100

This. I've never seen someone waste so much food as (city dwelling) Americans, I believe this is because they are alienated from the means of production of their food.
>>
>>2328284
Yeah exactly. If you try to hide the world from your children the moment they're tossed into it, you get a subreddit safe space or something
>>
>>2326891
Yeah the "pigs are smarter than dogs" meme is pretty fucking ridiculous. Anyone who has worked around pigs knows they are dense and stubborn POSs.
>>
>>2328636
>Anyone who has worked around pigs knows they are dense and stubborn POSs.
Because they know what you're trying to do and don't want to cooperate. They escape all the fucking time too if you aren't careful.They constantly test their enclosure for weaknesses like the fucking raptors in Jurassic Park.

They're hard to work with because they're smart, not because they're dumb.

t.has worked with pigs
>>
>>2326816
>wwaaaaaahh people dont know where meat comes from
>wwwwaaaaaaahh they are teaching people where meat comes from
>>
>>2326884
i hear you brother
pigs are smarter than women so here we respect pigs and stone women llukbar
>>
>>2328024
children were slaughtering animals and harvesting the blood as treats 200 years ago in the west
and they did it themselves with no help
>>
>>2326816
who cares, like someone in here gives a shit about anything
>>
>>2327413
Why do you think animals are better than plants? They are all living beings
>>
>>2328636
>stubborn
>what dumb people say when they can't figure something out
>damn these kids are stubborn better slap the shit out of them
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.