[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people have outdoor cats in the first place?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: 1488321358084.jpg (57KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488321358084.jpg
57KB, 720x540px
The shit is away all the time killing local birds and only comes home to get your welfare.
Isn't that actually picture book cucketry?
>>
>>2326564
My cat is indoor because I rescued him from a cat fighting ring in Chicago and so he's very cat aggressive.
>>
>>2326564

that cat is fucking huge holy shit
>>
>>2326564
That mountain lion looks disgusted.
>>
>>2326595
he probably came on it before he took the photo
>>
>>2326595
he is looking at anon pissing in a fucking bottle
>>
>>2326595
A natural reaction to seeing op
>>
>>2326564
Because outdoor cats are a meme.
>>
>>2326595
it just saw op fapping onto fishstix.
>>
>Why do people have outdoor cats in the first place?
Because "muh freedom"

I don't really understand the double standards either. Dogs aren't allowed to wander the streets, shit in peoples yards and kill any small animal they come across. Most dogs are just as skittish as cats and run when people approach so the "dogs are more dangerous" argument really doesn't hold up. Especially if we are talking about small dogs.

Though I like petting random cats when I go for a walk tbqh. Outdoor cats only piss me when it's dark. Cats should be inside at night for a huge number of reason.
>>
>>2326564
>when you're about to get some pussy but then she sees your dick...
>>
>>2326825
I think the difference is cat are not so dangerous to other humans.
Dogs are pack animals and associate with humans. So he will see other humans as danger or tresspassing his clan land.
Thats why you will see "beware dog" than "beware cat" .
>>
I only technically have one because
>neighbor is old person couple
>wife dies
>husband gets two cats
>they mostly live in his barn/house but also hang out outside
>he dies like 4-5 years later
>now take care of his cats
>one is really friendly and spends a lot of time inside my garage/house
>other one is mostly feral and I hardly see her but I know she sleeps in my little cat thingy I made her to keep her away from coyotes at night
>>
I had an indoor cat before my parents broke down and let me have the dog I wanted. She was my best friend, loved her to death but she really wasn't a typical cat. I loathe cats. I have 5 dogs now. We live on 3 acres in the country and my neighbor has an "outdoor" cat. Fucking thing comes up to my fence and taunts my dogs constantly. I mean seriously taunts. Rolls around, shakes her ass at them. Well one day my pit mix decides she is done with this bitch and fully scales my fence. You could see the cat's face drop. Fortunately for the cat my pit-mix is the slowest of my dogs. Dog got a nasty scratch when it ducked under their crawlspace. I haven't seen it sense but I already said if that cat is back 6 months from now I'm letting my German Shepherd have some chinese food.
>>
Have 2 cats, they go outside when I'm not home. Sometimes I am gone for a few days and they stay outside then too. They can feed themselves.
>>
>>2326839
>I'm an irresponsible, shit owner.
Step one is identifying the problem.
Step two is doing something about it.
>>
>>2326564
They want a cat without actually wanting it more than to pet it and think everything it does is cute. Won't be assed enough to take care of it and prefers for it to take care of itself
Basically lazy, dumb fucks
>>
>>2326845
Lol keep crying my cats have a better life than you. There's probably <90 houses in my community and no one has ever complained to me about them. There's no end to the mice birds chipmunks and squirrels for them to eat, as well as the food I leave for them in the woodshed.
>>
>>2326880
As long you don't whine when they get torn apart by predators or splattered on a road. No one will give you sympathy.
>>
>>2326564

I can see an argument being made for an indoor/outdoor cat. Most of the ones I see that come through my work tend to be friendlier and more outgoing then the indoor-only cats. They also tend to not be obese like their indoor counterparts. Of course this is anecdotal.

Strictly outdoors however? At that point it tends to be less of a pet and more of friendly wild animal.
>>
>>2326881
Don't worry I won't
>>
>>2326880
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>2326880
Thanks for reminding me to put out more antifreeze.
>>
>>2326564
Theres this one dude with outdoor cats, but hes planted them on private property. They poo in the store yards and he just leaves foodnout in the open for them, attracting geese and other animals. Dont know why, does he think its ok to do this? Is he that self centered? Doesnt he have room at home? Also the cats are getting obese because of him, although hes not a looker either. I could dump some pics if you guys want they dont show his face
>>
>>2326895
Ignorance. It's not uncommon that people do things because they just don't know any better, or apparently proud of being stupid like this fag>>2326880
>>
>>2326892
Do you really think I give a rats ass? If someone killed my cat it's the same as if a coyote killed it - I get another cat. It's laughable that you faggots will complain about cats killing animals, but turn around and poison something. Do you put razor blades in hamburger meat and feed it to pit bulls too?
>>
Is the "cats are not outdoor animals" some sort of ironic /an/ meme, or is that a legit belief the mongoloids on this boars hold?

It's pretty stupid, but nowhere near as stupid as people who keep their dogs locked in the house and only let them out to take a shit.
How is a cat not a hunter and an animal that thrives outdoors?

I have had the pleasure of rescuing a cat that was being passed around by my sister's friends because apparently taking care of one is too complicated.
The poor thing was declawed and only knew kibble her whole life. She was lethargic and weakly wandered around my kitchen for a couple of weeks. I ended up taking her outside with me while I was doing shit there. At first she would just lay in the grass and watch as I chopped wood or played with the dogs. Eventually she started to walk around, then climb shit, then she started to hunt, and finally eating what she killed instead of just feeding it to the dogs. In about 4ish months the cat grew in muscle mass and did a complete 180 health-wise. Her coat is thick and full and she has her little routine where she waits by the door for me to let her out in the morning.
She also gets very offended if I offer her kibble or some of that paste shit.
She'll eat it in the winter, but as soon as she is okay with the temperature outside, she's out and about terrorizing the local mouse population.

That being said. I live out in the middle of nowhere. My nearest neighbour is about 1 mile down the road. I can understand how in the suburbs your roaming cat may be a nuisance, but then maybe you should not have pets that need to go outside if you can't provide that for them.
>>
>>2326902
>nowhere near as stupid as people who keep their dogs locked in the house and only let them out to take a shit.

Don't make your bait so obvious.
>>
>>2326903
>sensible opinion
>bait
Next you're gonna tell me that big dogs belong in apartments and that a daily 30 minute walk in the park is all the exercise they need.
>>
>>2326899
I feel like its retaliatory with the cat killing thing. Anons here think your ignorance is causing the death of nature, as domrstic cats are a product of human egotism, they serve no real function other than making the owner feel good. Your comment on how you'll just get a new cst like its nothing sorta shows that. Although, they should then know complaining to you on the internet anonymously wont change anything
>>
>>2326905
Kill one cat that shouldn't exist and save the animals cucked by humans kinda thing. Still searching for those pics btw
>>
>>2326904
I don't know about you but dog thefts are very common in my town. Leaving a purebred in a yard without supervision is just asking for trouble.
>>
>>2326905
All pets exist for the owners pleasure sans working dogs, falconry birds, and maybe horses. A cat is not a human, I don't weight it's life equally. Sure I'll be sad if either one died, but I'm not gonna pretend "a little part of me died that day"
>>
>>2326902
It's more about common sense. In your own post you admitted that you live in the middle of nowhere, therefore your free roaming cat has less of a negative impact, and less risk of being harmed or killed than a pack of strays in the burbs, or city limits.
Some hard liners will still argue your cat negatively effects the environment, and is at risk itself. I would rather use common sense and look at it as a calculated risk the owner makes if they feel the benefits out weigh the consequences.
Typically you'll see this board sperge out over unsupervised, outside cats. Nevermind the fact the constant trolling influences this attitude, plus the fact that a lot of times it is validated.
Bottom line is if you are a responsible owner you should be aware of consequences of letting your cat free roam. If you feel justified in doing so fine, just don't be surprised when nobody on an animal and nature board shares your sentiment.
>>
>>2326913
Understandable

Phone isn't wanting to post pics ree
>>
>>2326899
Genuine question, why even have cats then? They serve no purpose to you and you don't give a shit about them. What's the logic behind getting a new one?
>>
>>2326916
I like them plenty and I enjoy watching them play with each other inside or outside.
>>
>>2326914
I can understand that. I figured that common sense was implied in all things, especially when an animal is concerned.
Shame on me for assuming that common sense is common.

I still fail to see how a cat negatively affects the environment, my living in the area creates a rise in mice and other rodents bloating their numbers somewhat by artificially increasing availalble food. Introducing a predator into that mix doesn't sound particularily unnatural to me, but hey, opinions.

I figured there was a degree of trolling, this is 4chan after all.

>>2326912
I can understand that. There was a problem like that in my area too. I am not too worried since I trained my doggos be guard dogs and they lose their shit if someone steps on my property without me telling them it's okay.
>>
File: man feeding cats.jpg (262KB, 1457x1311px) Image search: [Google]
man feeding cats.jpg
262KB, 1457x1311px
>>2326915
I like to think he browses here
>>
File: man feeding cats 2.jpg (381KB, 1397x1498px) Image search: [Google]
man feeding cats 2.jpg
381KB, 1397x1498px
>>2326921
He has that "youre a white male" guy haircut
>>
>>2326920
>I still fail to see how a cat negatively affects the environment
Again I feel it depends on the situation. There are plenty of sources showing exactly how feral and stray cats are harmful to the environment and themselves.
I had the misfortune of growing up in a city, with houses only a few feet from each other and people living on top of one another. Add one crazy cat lady who insists on feeding every stray and feral and it doesn't take long before everyone is miserable. These cats negatively effected the environment and caused a major inconvenience for anyone living in that neighborhood.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2326922
I can see why this guy would be annoying, but not all outdoor cat owners are like this. Pic related it's the gray one after asking to go out not 10 mins ago. I held the door open a minute in case he changed his mind but he fucked off somewhere after this photo.
>>
File: geese eating the food.jpg (719KB, 2493x1514px) Image search: [Google]
geese eating the food.jpg
719KB, 2493x1514px
>>2326928
I like the look of greys. I wonder why this guy does it. I understand cats needing roaming space, but these tubbies just loaf around the dumpster waiting for him to come back with food. Maybe he doesn't have a stable home, or his landlord doesnt allow all thise cats.

Maybe one day I'll learn how to get them to like me. Tbh i could build a better shelter, maybe even potty train them. Lot of work these days tho
>>
File: IMG_20170301_103229.jpg (116KB, 1172x949px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_103229.jpg
116KB, 1172x949px
>>2326936
Heres the dude placing food (i think). Why at a dumpster?
>>
Apartment complex just has like 5-7 wild cats just living outside.
Have slept with my window open for years. Not a single rat ever.
>>
File: IMG_0140.jpg (205KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0140.jpg
205KB, 960x640px
I let my cat come and go outside as he pleases

He's a bit of a wild one who can't handle indoors. He's a Bengal, for reference. In the same way where indoor cats wouldn't be able to handle being outside, he wouldn't be able to handle being inside all day. My parents used to try to keep him in for the first year or so we had him (this was like 12 years ago) but one day he got out on accident and he wouldn't leave it alone. He would literally sit next to a door and meow for HOURS. Scratch at the door until his paws would bleed. Finally my mom had enough and opened the door and he's been fine ever since

Pic related, he lookin majestic af
>>
>>2326902

I have a domesticated barn cat.i live on a farm and hes excellent pest control.

Hell still go hunting in winter but he doesnt catch as much. I feed him raw chicken and pork.sometimes. maybe you could do that for your girl?
>>
>>2326989
> He's a Bengal

Why the hell would someone buy a cat that costs a fortune then throw it outside to die a horrific death?
If I found a purebred cat wandering alone outside, I'd take it home and keep it. Maybe "rehome" it for for a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>2327026
>throw it outside to die a horrific death

You didn't read my post did you? He escaped once and got wanderlust that can't be quenched. Besides at this point at his age (15) I just want to leave him happy. Not miserable being cooped up inside a house all day long.

And he's not "wandering the streets" either. He stays in my block at the end of a dead end street that backs up to some water. And good luck rehoming him when he's got a chip in between his shoulders that has my name, number, and address in it
>>
>>2327037
What about obamacare?
>>
I live with my parents and our cat is an outdoor cat, I have pleaded with my parents to bring her indoors but they have outright said no, and honestly it drives me insane.
>>
>>2326564

that is a MASSIVE fucking cougar holy hell. the size of those paws...
>>
>>2327327
why would you cage the cat in your house after it knew freedom
>>
I found my cat abandoned at the train station, she will spend an hour or two outside and then come back in. Why is this bad
>>
Wow look at that thing man! That must weigh, what, 300 pounds? Holy shit that's curazyeee man. That thing'll tear you to shreds.
>>
>>2326564

Because they enjoy it and birds are faggots?
>>
>can feed himself
>can have a normal cat social life with territory and hunting
>isn't some kind of creepy captive losing his mind and made to be obsessed with caretaker

It's literally one of the only situations where the owner isn't treating the animal like a shiny toy
>>
>>2327349
To stop her destroying all the wildlife and to keep her safe from vehicles/shitty people. (◡)
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.