[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really makes you think...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-02-27-11-03-20.png (612KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-27-11-03-20.png
612KB, 1080x1920px
Really makes you think...
>>
>>2325661
Ones from 2 years earlier
>>
>>2325661
well one of them is dailymail
>>
>>2325838
They attract bugs, sure. I have a zapper full of bugs attracted by LED's. Bugs are attracted to LED backlit screens. Whatever.
Still, I don't see how bugs getting attracted to street lights at night is a problem.
LED's are brighter per watt than other lights, so maybe the whole study is bullshit.
>>
>>2327984
because it draws bugs out of the woods? I imagine they would have to be so close to a habitat that it doesn't really matter though
>>
>>2327984
It disrupts their navigation, and by consequence their normal habits.
>>
>>2328080
>>2328073
What the fuck do bugs do that's so important?
Bees I get, but I've never seen them niggas attracted to light. So they lose their points of navigation and can't get back to the hive? That's shit, I guess.
>>
>>2328101
Bees aren't the only polinators, and many insects have extremely important predatory roles on bugs we considers pests. Also, they're food for other animals.

Examples taken from my irl life since I live in the tropics so my yard is like fucking Nat Geo or some shit:
>less bugs = less fruit/insect bats which are the main seed spreaders around here, even more so than birds
>less moths = less baby caterpillars, so a bunch of plants that would be eaten by them aren't anymore, and they take over the space of other more fragile plants
>less beetles = less bird food, we have tons of bird species that are dedicated insect eaters
>less bugs in general = less spiders, frogs and small reptiles, and by consequence, more disease spreading mosquitos because they're predated by the same thing as other bugs
>less ladybugs and dragonflies = more aphids and other fruit/leaf eating pests
>less hornets = everyone's happy but i guess we need to accept those motherfuckers and carry on
>>
>>2328101
Forgot to mention
>but I've never seen them niggas attracted to light

Dude, if my camera was good enough I'd make a light sheet insect trap and record it for /an/s viewing pleasure.
Here in South America we have things in our yards that are exhibited in museaums all over the world.
>katydids the size of a human hand, moths the size of my face, titan beetles as big as a cd and as heavy as a newborn kitten
>>
>>2328101
insect are incredibly important for a number of reasons such as pollination, decomposition, controlling pests ( >>2328106
hornets are actually pretty good pest control for quite a few things), and as a primary food source for a huge ammount of other species species
>>
>>2328101
https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/56/4/311/229003/The-Economic-Value-of-Ecological-Services-Provided
>>
>>2328106
>>2328108
>>2328143
>>2328144
Well paint me with correctional fluid
>>
>>2328101
bugs are important for getting eaten you retard. they are a major primary food source
>>
>>2328418
So having them all near a light for easy access is a bad thing?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.