[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my friend is a vet tech and keeps making me feel bad for buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_3365.jpg (127KB, 960x952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3365.jpg
127KB, 960x952px
my friend is a vet tech and keeps making me feel bad for buying a second pug puppy. How do I make her stop
>>
>>2325179
this, even if it's a troll. boston terrier owner here and it makes me want to kill myself when people tell me she's cute. She's cute on the inside, but I really wish my dog wasn't going blind and unable to breathe.
>>
>>2325181
I should clarify that it's still fucked up to support breeding them. Rescue one --
plenty of people get rid of them after they either get bored or can't afford the 6,000 dollar surgery to open their airways.
>>
File: IMG_3425.png (153KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3425.png
153KB, 750x1334px
I texted her asking a question about his eye because he's rubbing it a lot and it's really watery and stuff and the breeder won't return our calls. She kinda blew up at me though
>>
File: IMG_3426.jpg (223KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3426.jpg
223KB, 750x1334px
>>2325302
>>
File: IMG_3427.jpg (218KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3427.jpg
218KB, 750x1334px
>>2325303
>>
So OP is a faggot. Nothing new here.
>>
she's one of the cutest girls I know and she's been really helpful with my pets so I don't want to tell her to fuck off, but it's getting annoying
>>
I really don't understand this line of thinking
> whaaa you adopted a dog breed that has health issues
The dog has already been born, do you want people to ignore the dog and pretend it doesn't exist?
>>
>>2325311
You don't understand supply and demand. And he didn't adopt the dog. By the sounds of it OP bought the dog from a shitty BYB.
>>
>>2325311
Yes exactly, stop buying the fucked up ones, freaks will stop breeding them
>>
>>2325311
>The dog has already been born, do you want people to ignore the dog and pretend it doesn't exist?
yes.

running around with that genetic abomination will make others think that it's normal (and go "aawwwwww dats so kiuuuuuut")
but it's not cute, it's not normal, it shouldnt be normalized.

these dogs should be euthanized and anyone breeding or buying them should be put in jail.
>>
>>2325320
>these dogs should be euthanized
I wouldn't go that far. I say they should be fixed and sent to rescues.

>and anyone breeding or buying them should be put in jail
Breeding these dogs should definitely be classed as animal cruelty.
>>
Sounds like she goes to /an/ tbrqh
>>
>>2325323
Not really. Can confirm most animal professionals feel very strongly about breeding these dogs, especially vets. And OP's friend is a CVT so it makes sense. I'm a CVT too and we do a pretty good job of biting our tongue with clients, but god those owners are the worst. Fucking worst. Almost as bad as white trash GSD owners.
>>
>>2325309
>I don't want to tell her to fuck off
she should have told you to fuck off a long time ago. you're the one who's being a thundercuck about this. you got a shit dog from a shit breeder (as evidenced by it already developing serious medical problems in puppyhood and the breeder doing fuck all about it), and you're acting like your friend is the one who needs to fuck off after she reiterates it's a shit dog?

take your dog to the vet, spend a few hundred dollars on it, and when it and your other pug eventually die of complications inherently caused by their deformities rethink your life.
>>
File: tumblr_mq5cwl686S1qjcdw9o1_1280.jpg (281KB, 780x1170px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq5cwl686S1qjcdw9o1_1280.jpg
281KB, 780x1170px
My friend wants a pug. I told her I wont judge her as long as she adopts it instead of getting it from a breeder or pet store.
You probably should feel bad for buying over adopting.
I do have some sympathies though, I love bulldogs and would love to have one but I feel guilty thinking about all their problems.
>>
>>2325177
tell her bf that she's been cheating on him. call here utilities and tell them she's died and they need to cancel service. Call all her family and inform them she's joined the hari krishnas and doesn't want to hear from them ever again. Pour brake fluid all over her car so the paint falls off. Invite her to a fancy dinner and then duck out leaving her with the bill. Kick her right in the cunt. Light her children on fire. Stab her in the eye. Steal all her toilet paper and replace it with sandpaper.
>>
>>2325346
and most of all, buy a pug from a backyard breeder in her name
>>
>>2325177
>buying
There's your first problem. Never support breeders.
>>
>>2325311
On top of what others are saying, it sounds like OP is some attention whoring YouTube wannabe let's player. In which case, he is also flaunting his dogs as oh so cute and cool and you should get one too. So now his 12-13 year old fan base will bug their moms for a pug puppy and demand goes up even more.
>>
>>2325338
Pugs and Bulldogs very often end up in shelters and rescues. Bad news is they are often there due to expensive health issues, and usually extremely obese which often only worsens said health issues. I guess if you buy a puppy you'll end up paying for those medical issues eventually anyways.
>>
>>2325302
>>2325303
>>2325304
Sounds like she's being more patient with you than you deserve and you're a gigantic dicklicking retard.
>>
File: tumblr_ltezup9kC41qf6nh0o1_500.jpg (70KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltezup9kC41qf6nh0o1_500.jpg
70KB, 500x375px
>>2325338 Here
I didnt read >>2325302 >>2325303 >>2325304
Nevermind. I dont have sympathies. You are being an asshole. Your friend is right.
>>
>>2325330
Most well-worded rekt I've seen this year, exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>2325330
>you got a shit dog from a shit breeder
cmon man. this dog costs more than you probably make in a month

>you're acting like your friend is the one who needs to fuck off after she reiterates it's a shit dog?
well considering I never asked for her opinion on pugs, yeah. I just asked her some stuff about vaccines and why his eye was being weird. I get that they have health problems, but all dogs do and I like them. it's like she's trying to change my mind

>when it and your other pug eventually die
my other pug is two years old and perfectly healthy. calm down.

>>2325338
>You probably should feel bad for buying over adopting
I would've but none of the shelters here had purebred white pug puppies

>>2325346
>tell her bf that she's been cheating on him
she doesn't have one

>call here utilities and tell them she's died and they need to cancel service
I have no idea who to contact

>Call all her family and inform them she's joined the hari krishnas and doesn't want to hear from them ever again
she only still talks to her brother and he hates me anyway

>Pour brake fluid all over her car so the paint falls off
I don't wanna get arrested

>Invite her to a fancy dinner and then duck out leaving her with the bill
I've asked her on a dinner date before and she said no

>Kick her right in the cunt
I like this idea

>Light her children on fire
she's not a mom, unless you count her pets. but I couldn't do that to them

>Stab her in the eye
her eyes are too pretty for that

>Steal all her toilet paper and replace it with sandpaper
I can't get into her house

>>2325373
>backyard breeder
what is that? I keep seeing this term and idk what it is

>>2325380
>Never support breeders
oh fuck off

>>2325418
>OP is some attention whoring YouTube wannabe let's player
>wannabe
>400k+ subscribers
okay anon, sure

>he is also flaunting his dogs as oh so cute and cool
he's a cute dog and people like seeing cute things, can't you fucks be happy for once?

>>2325421
my dog isn't obese
>>
>>2325545
Cost of a dog doesn't guarantee quality, pugs already have problems as it is, but the fact it's having eye problems already isn't good. You definitely bought from a shotty breeder. I breed dogs myself and we have a 1 month health guarantee for illness.

A backyard breeder is a dipshit like you who buys dogs just to breed them without any knowledge of what they're doing. Did you get a pedigree for your pugs? Did you get genetic testing done?
>>
You should be happy she puts up with your shit and your shitty personality.
>>
>>2325545
Nice mountain of salt.
You won't find any sympathy here, you're a shit dog owner and a shit friend. Fuck off.
>>
>>2325545
How would you feel if you got hit in the face with a shovel a dozen times, had a steel rod attached to your spine and had half of each of your limbs amputated? That's what life is for a pug.
You're an animal abusing piece of shit
>>
I really hope that this thread is bait.
Nobody could possibly be so retarded , right?
>>
>>2325545
>cmon man. this dog costs more than you probably make in a month
It certainly does, especially once you factor in all the constant surgeries it will need if you want your dog to not be in literal constant agony.

Have fun finding out their eyes literally falling out of the sockets is not an uncommon issue in pugs, among a shitload of other equally awful things.
>>
whats your youtube OP? i wanna see your pup :)
>>
>>2325545
>backyard breeder
>what is that? I keep seeing this term and idk what it is
This just proves that you did zero research when you decided to pick one of the most defect riddled breed of dog on the planet.
Now when a vet, who knows considerably more about dogs then you keep in mind, and anons here criticize you for your choices and for your lack of knowledge you want to get defensive.
Your friend the vet has every right to condemn a shit owner who makes bad decisions because of negligence. Fuck off OP.
>>
>>2325771

That's what I thought, too, but you never see ordinary trolls juggle so many (You)s for so long
>>
File: retromop.jpg (51KB, 528x495px) Image search: [Google]
retromop.jpg
51KB, 528x495px
if you love the pug aesthetic but can't get over the crushing guilt of owning a genetic disaster, get a retromop.

still cute and smush-nosed but crossbread with other breeds to have a healthier nose and body.
>>
File: 1411879160272.jpg (20KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1411879160272.jpg
20KB, 478x373px
>>2325545
oh my god

>backyard breeder
>what is that? I keep seeing this term and idk what it is

well that's it everyone. let's all go home.
>>
>>2325302
>>2325303
>>2325304
tell jenny you'll stop getting pugs if she gives you sloppy blowjobs on demand.
>>
>>2326051
You have to be 18 or older to use this site
>>
Man, this thread is some next level bait.

It's... it's bait, right? Right?
>>
>>2325545
>buys puppy with eyes already falling out from white trash out of a trailer
>brags about how much it cost

Euthanize the poor thing to spare it a lifetime of being badly cared for by a retard. Then euthanize yourself.
>>
>>2326087
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>2325905
They are breeding pugs with longer snouts and less bulged eyes again.
>>
>>2325545
What's your channel hotshot
>>
>>2325311
Since it is a dog that was bought money, yeah you shouldn't buy the dog.
At worst, it ends up in a rescue, after making a huge money loss for the breeder, who will in turn not breed more fucked up puppies.
The dog will probably get adopted anyways.
>>
>>2325545

You are literally bragging that you got scammed into paying a shitload of money for a poorly bred dog with a shitload of problems.
>>
>>2325545
>>400k+ subscribers
How about you post some proof.
>>
>>2326094
Not sure, people are stupid when it comes to animals.
>>
Shes right tho, youre a faggot for buying a dog especially that breed
>>
>>2325545
>doesn't have a boyfriend.
Can I get her number?
>>
>>2325302
>>2325303
>>2325304
Get rekt. Just admit you have a guilty conscience and you're a (You)Tube whore.
>>
>>2325421
And that's why these dogs should be put down
>>2325322
>I wouldn't go that far. I say they should be fixed and sent to rescues.
And let another guy get a tickling time bomb?
>>2325905
How's their MHC?
>>2325545
>my other pug is two years old and perfectly healthy. calm down.
Post pics of the nose.

And,when you get another exotic dog,please get one that can live a normal life,like a hazer fuchs or a kangal.
>>
File: tumblr_ol6he13r8P1vkqhbno1_250.jpg (19KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol6he13r8P1vkqhbno1_250.jpg
19KB, 250x188px
ITP: anon only replies to things that fit his opinion and has no intent on changing his ways; wants his friend to suddenly agree with him because it makes him uncomfortable being called out on his shit
if you really loved dogs, you would listen to her
>>
>>2328368
ITT: OP posts obvious bait to reinforce /an/'s localized hatred of certain breeds because nobody in real life agrees with her and it's comforting to be surrounded by 23 strangers all saying she's right.

and /an/ falls for it like the weak-minded imbeciles they are.
>>
>>2328371
If there is one thing I've learned after a few years on /an/ it is never underestimate the ignorance of others, especially concerning pets.
I understand this place is easy to troll, but you do realize someone unironically, and with the purest of intent, scanned a fucking snake.
Just saying.
>>
>>2328398
well the scans were pretty good quality
>>
>>2328404
>did you just scan a snake?
>>
What's wrong with pugs? Not a dog person, never wanted one, so I never looked into it. Googled them and I found articles like this:
https://pethelpful.com/dogs/Why-Pugs-Dogs-Are-The-Perfect-Family-Pet
>>
>>2328398
>never underestimate the ignorance of others
so you don't find it even slightly strange that a pug owner who bought from a byb and now faces medical problems /an/ stereotypically associates with the breed, also happens to have a vet tech friend that agrees with views regularly posted on /an/ verbatim, happens to post all this here, on the very board that hates pugs and pug owners with an unreasonable passion?

>my outdoor cat is missing, what do?
>my dog got parvo, what now?
>my byb dog exploded, can I get my money back?
a short list of other baits you blindly fall for.
>>
>>2325558
>Did you get genetic testing done?
isn't that a little much though

>>2325682
yeah, you're a peach too

>>2325766
nice dramatization. sure explains why my pug is happy and not in pain?

>>2325783
>>2326215
>>2326418
>post your channel on 4chan in a thread of triggered faggots
yeah, not like that would backfire on me or anything

>>2325786
she's not a vet

>>2325905
but they don't have the round faces

>>2326051
if I thought she would actually do it I would tell her to that

>>2326101
nice m8

>>2326707
fuck off. she would know it's me and never talk to me again

>>2328368
>if you REALLY loved dogs
oh this is some next level bullshit. i do love dogs, I love pugs

>>2328408
idk it seems like all of the negatives about them are exaggerated
>>
>>2328440
>and now faces medical problems /an/ stereotypically associates with the breed

You mean that are ACTUALLY common in the breed? Their breed specific health issues aren't just made up on /an/ dude.

>also happens to have a vet tech friend that agrees with views regularly posted on /an/ verbatim

The most vehemently anti-pug people I've met irl were vet techs/vet assistants/vets, and those type of people are the ones who have been very outspoken in the dangers that come with the breed. It makes perfect sense since they're the ones who would constantly see these dogs falling apart due to their breed standard

>on the very board that hates pugs and pug owners with an unreasonable passion?

You mean, the only board on 4chan that would typically be discussing dog breeds to begin with and have slight to in-depth knowledge of dog breeds and their specific health issues?

>>my outdoor cat is missing, what do?
>>my dog got parvo, what now?
>>my byb dog exploded, can I get my money back?
>implying these aren't all things people do and say regularly

I'm guessing you've never worked with animals and their owners.

>>2328451

You're a dumbfuck. There's no saving you now.
>>
>>2328451
>i do love dogs, I love pugs
You love abusing dogs
>>
>>2328451
Why does EVERYONE on this site who gets told they're in the wrong after starting a thread do this?

100 times out of 100 they'll defend their fucked up position beyond all logic and reply dismissively to 10 posts at a time telling them they're the problem.
>>
>>2325177
>her
Women are stupid, stop listening to her.
>>
>>2328451

Vet student here, your vet tech friend is very right- we see pugs in weekly that can't breathe and with eyes that are practically falling out of their heads. We had a client in a few months ago at our practice whose pug hyperventilated simply from walking into the reception. You could hear that thing from the other side of the surgery. That dog came in for stenotic nares resection and soft palate resection - basically a treatment for what's generalised under Brachycephalic airway syndrome.

However, I am also a strong believer that much like German Shepards, we can turn this situation around. Personally, if I was your friend I would be berating you for going to some shoddy backyard breeder who has not (by the sounds of things) done any genetic health testing, nor has he looked properly at his dam/sire in terms of trying to improve the breed, not land more of his/her puppies in the operating theatre for preventable conditions.

Genetic testing is not a "little much", it should be a vital cornerstone in choosing whether or not to breed. Breeding should be done to improve a line, and that cannot be done without knowing your dam + sire inside out.

TLDR: your friend is right, however now you have the pup there is not much you can do about it. If you have not bought the puppy, DO NOT buy it from the current breeder, go and find a reputable pug breeder who is attempting to breed healthier pugs with genetic testing and careful choosing of sire/dam.
>>
>>2325304
>>2325303
>>2325302
OUR GIRL
U
R

G
I
R
L
>>
>>2325302
Just have it put down and buy a new one. The surgery is really not worth it.
Sometimes it's hard to accept that your animal is unfit for life, but that's how nature works.
>>
>>2325545
>it's like she's trying to change my mind
You don't fucking say
>>
You bought a breed that shouldnt exist from a piece of shit craigslist breeder. Anyone with any relation to vets or shelters will rightfully shit on you for it.

Either admit that you don't give a fuck about the larger problems of breeding and the dog population or take your "lashing" (read: mild disappointment)
>>
>>2325545
>can't you fucks be happy for once?

Yeah man fuck these other anons. Why can't they be happy about how cute they look, suffering every waking moment?
>>
File: 1484710059285.jpg (53KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
1484710059285.jpg
53KB, 750x734px
>My friend is literally an expert on this shit
>How can I convince myself she's wrong?
>>
File: 1487054840975.png (424KB, 519x903px) Image search: [Google]
1487054840975.png
424KB, 519x903px
>OP is a faggot: the megathread
No wonder he's some shitty nobody youtuber.
>b-but my 400k+ subs!
Mate unless you're near the million subs nobody gives a fuck. And you dare censor your dog's name, your fucking dog's name, in fear of being recognized. What a massive dumbshit.
>>
>>2325302
>>2325303
>>2325304
holy shit. Dumb anon
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
Fuck you, OP
>>
>>2328455
Hi, OP.

your mistake is in thinking vets or vet techs are actually going to berate people in real life for buying pugs.

that's autism, and people that work with the public don't have it. So we know this is all a ruse. You think people are all autistic. You pretend people are all autistic.

but in real life people aren't autistic.
>>
>>2325545

This made me so irrationally angry.
>>
Tell her to fuck off? It's your decision. Saying a dog shouldn't be adopted/bought because it's going to have health issues is retarded logic, they're going to have those issues regardless of if they get adopted/bought or not.
>>
>>2328961
>>You probably should feel bad for buying over adopting
>I would've but none of the shelters here had purebred white pug puppies
Fucking dog people
>>
Good pugs exist. I have a healthy one who's very handsome and luckily has a well structured snout and face.
>>
>>2330717
It's basic supply and demand, dum dum.

OP you sound like you have a thing for this woman. You're obsessing way too much over this. Do you have issues with socializing? A healthy response to this would be to make your own decision, but also see her point. She has probably heard of enough cases where a pugs eye fell out or was otherwise injured, their breathing issues, the ones with deformed bones and teeth, etc. She has her reasons to not want people to support the breed. You have your (maybe more aesthetically inclined than anything else) reasons to support it. There's no reason to get caught up on this. Understand her point and move on.
>>
>>2326186

Pretty damn certain you just proved their point.
>>
>>2325304
Felix is that you?
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.