[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a shiba ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: chiot shiba.jpg (168KB, 877x960px) Image search: [Google]
chiot shiba.jpg
168KB, 877x960px
>21
>student
>part time high school supervisor
>goes hiking quiet regularly
>has a japanese car
>decent money income
>parents live closely in a house with a nice garden and would love to take care of him when I'm out of town or working nightshifts

Is it a good idea ?
>>
>>2325139
Buying a shiba in general is a good idea. Their so damn aborable
>>
>>2325139
If you have the time and patience to properly train it, a shibe can be a great dog. I'm assuming you've done some basic research, so you'll know that they're notoriously stubborn and aloof. Don't expect a cuddly love bug. It's going to test its limits early on and it's gonna be a little shit, as Japanese dogs are wont to do. They tend to only bond with one person fully, so hopefully that ends up being you and not one of your parents. They can also be pretty aggressive to other dogs.
>>
>memebreeds

not even once

get one in a decade when it's no longer at meme status, if you're still interested
>>
>>2325142
they're
>>
>>2325139
>should I get this jap dog because I have a jap car?
You sound just as materialistic as the japs so why not
>>
>>2325139
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JOxB6SJSI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LjRwpLmzS4
>look at how cute this dogs being angry and noise is
>nothing could go wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hWfd6E_lAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCBSjaIQ5ds
>>
>>2325139
You have a job and study at the same, thinks that having a japanese car has anything to do with a japanese dog and already has plans to drop the dog into somebody else's lap when it's convenient.
It's not that you shouldn't buy a shiba, you shouldn't buy any living animal.
>>
>>2325139
They're not great if you're pawning it off on your parents sporadically. They're not great with people they're not in regular contact with.
>>
Why do you want a shiba?
>>
>>2325139
It's truly amazing how the most obvious of baits still gets all these replies.
>>
File: AW11.jpg (697KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
AW11.jpg
697KB, 1024x683px
>>2325144
Yep exactly, as I said I work in an high school so authority isn't really an issue for me and I'm used to dogs too
Yep that's what I've been hearing, they're quiet special but that's OK I'll live alone anyways and it will be with me for the majority of time

>>2325149
What's up with the may-mays, I don't really care about them I just love their personnalities and their looks/behavior

>>2325155
Yep exactly, I come from /o/ (pic related)

>>2325156
Really sounds like cats to me

>>2325160
Yep it means I have the week ends and almost two days of the week free
I mean, it happens from time to time that I will work a day and two nights per week so I can't leave the dog or the cat or the hamster on its own for a whole night. Can I ?

>>2325162
I might adopt him before I leave once more for my own place so the dog will be used to the family

>>2325167
>looks
>shape and form
>smart doggo and autonomous
>>
>>2325171
>autonomous
More like stubborn and headstrong and will be a pain in the ass to train. It's not that they're self sufficient, they just don't give a fuck about what you say
>>
>>2325171
>aesthetics
>aesthetics
>untrue
They say shibas are like cats because they are aloof and don't care whether you're in the same room with them or not. That does not mean they don't need the care of a dog. The fucking 'shibas act like cats' meme is why they are in shelters. Go look at petfinder and look at their shiba/akita (Shibas are often mistaken for akitas and other spits breeds) dogs. If you are really interested in a puppy, at the very least go through a reputable breeder so you don't support the breeding that is leading dogs to kill shelters.

This is an amazing resource you should comb through even if you don't want to adopt. It brings to light the good AND bad side of the dogs, and what to expect
http://nationalshibarescue.org

This gives you some basic information on how to find a reputable breeder, but keep in mind to actually know what to look for in a shiba breeder, you'll need to understand the breed and breed standard.
http://jennaandsnickers.com/2009/09/shiba-inu-breeder/
And some tips to distinguish a BYB
http://itsdogornothing.com/10-signs-of-a-backyard-breeder/

Be wary of breeders who don't breed to a standard; they may very well be puppy mill operations or something similar. The standard also gives you insight on potential structural and genetic issues to look out for as well as the temperament the dog should have.
https://images.akc.org/pdf/breeds/standards/ShibaInu.pdf

This is a good place to START looking for a breeder. There's a warning on the page that notifies you that the breeders listed may not be so credible, so you still have to do your homework and check with the above link to make sure the breeder is worth their salt.
http://www.shibas.org/breeders.html
>>
>>2325172
>this
I've been trying to teach my shiba to heel for the past two months with little progress.
She's gone from running around me and pulling on the leash to almost walking next to me then slightly pulling on the leash.
She's smart too. She'll only listen for the most part if I've got treats with me. Then once I run out, she's back to slightly tugging.
>>
>>2325149
>Being this autistic
Don't post again.
>>
>>2325202
t. memebreeder
>>
>>2325171
>if i don't have the conditions to have a dog i'll have to put the responsibility on someone else, won't i?
The worst part is that you came here for affirmation not advice and will get the dog anyway.
>>
>>2325204
This doesn't even mean anything, but whatever makes you feel better.
>>
>>2325171
>Yep exactly, as I said I work in an high school so authority isn't really an issue for me

You're fucking 21. You shouldn't even be allowed outside without supervision let alone own one of the most obnoxious and stubborn dog breeds in the world.
>>
>>2325180
But they are relatively small and come from Japan, isn't it the best breed to live in a flat with ?

Thank you for your links I'll take a look at it even if I'm in Europe.
There's a lot of breeders around here most of them seem pretty professional and asks for a meeting beforehand reserving a puppy, just to be sure the dog deserves the owner.
I think it would be a good way to be sure I can handle it

Downside is that a Shiba costs something like 2 000€ in Western Europe, because of the distant breed and everything

>>2325201
Oh really ? Are you her first owner ?
I heard the Shiba was a little bit crazy but if teached the right way it could be an amazing companion and really obedient
"An iron hand in a velvet glove"

>>2325206
No I think I might wait some more until I get him
Maybe a year or two, when I'll graduate

>>2325222
Time flies, I am scared of it too and throws my self-hatred on the younglings who still have their best years to come
>>
>>2325247
Yeah I'm her first owner.
I bought her from a reputable breeder.
She's very stubborn.
>>
Fuck Shibas, Jindo a best. Also fuck you man. You're a student with a job, you do not have the time to raise a dog properly. Nor the money unless you receive money from your parents.

I have two years left on my degree. My graduation present to myself is going to be a Jindo that I'm going to spend a long summer raising
>>
>>2325247
>There's a lot of breeders around here most of them seem pretty professional and asks for a meeting beforehand reserving a puppy, just to be sure the dog deserves the owner
it takes a lot more than that to be a reputable breeder
>>
File: as.jpg (323KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
323KB, 2080x1170px
Anon youd just be copying me
>>
>>2325171
>>2325647
>muh Japanese dog
>muh Japanese car
>muh Japanese anime
weeb faggots
>>
>>2325139
Aren't shiba dangerous?

They are banned in Spain
>>
>>2325394
But isn't she cute af ?

>>2325638
Jindo are huge dogs, they need much more space and I live in a big city
I give money to my parents desu but my job gives me a lot of free time especially during the week ends ! I've got lots to do at the beginning of the week but afterwards I'm free

In the end I'm outside my place 45hrs a week which is pretty common for someone with a job and a social life

>>2325645
Yes I know, but in my country there's strict laws and registration for dog breeds, you can follow its lineage from 5 generations away and backyard breeders are strictly forbidden and face huge charges

>>2325647
Nice sw20 you got there faggot but I don't know you so don't ever talk to me or my wife's son ever again

>>2325687
I ain't a weeb, I hate chinese cartoons desu. I'm only interested in japanese dogs and cars
And their urbanism as it is linked to my studies

>>2325695
Lies, I went to Spain earlier this week and I saw a spaniard qt.3.14 walking around with a majestic Shiba
>>
>>2325695
I guess they are prone to being dangerous. They are about as big as an APBT, hard to train, aloof, dislike dogs and strangers. But I feel like they wouldn't b popular enough to ban.

>>2325698
>It's illegal therefore NO ONE does it
You aren't too bright are you? We get threads all day about people with banned dogs or pets in places that don't allow pets.

Just a reminder that a puppy needs to go outside to piss every 2 hours including at night. Where do you live where breeding is illegal?
>>
File: dogs.jpg (69KB, 658x372px) Image search: [Google]
dogs.jpg
69KB, 658x372px
>>2325698
>>2325704
I confused it with Akita Inu
>>
>>2325687
Ive never watched an anime though anon
>>
File: Disdainforplebs.jpg (59KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
Disdainforplebs.jpg
59KB, 350x262px
>>2325704
What the heck why would you ban the shibas they are not dangerous, check out japan's stats I don't think they are the most accident-related breed

There's a difference between having an animal somwhere it's not allowed and living in a country where your breed is not allowed and risk to have your animal put down because of a vet who can't handle its tongue

France, you can breed your dogs but it will not be considered as official breeding, it has to happen inside a registered center

>>2325730
Akita are just japanese labrador what the fuck

>>2325799
damn niggeh
>>
>>2325955
>>2325955
>France, you can breed your dogs but it will not be considered as official breeding, it has to happen inside a registered center

Means literally nothing except they have to be taxed on their sales (KEK) and you can check to make sure it's not a scam if they have sold animals before. It says nothing about the breeders being reputable, so you still have to do your research and find a decent breeder. Mind you, scam =/= BYB. A scam implies you don't get what you paid for, a BYB just gives you the animal you paid for, but you paid for shit.

For anyone wondering what OP meant by official breeding that has been registered;
>http://www.vier-pfoten.eu/news-press/all-news/2015/france-a-new-law-to-limit-private-breeding-of-dogs-and-cats-and-internet-trade-of-these-animals/
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.