[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

List solitary rodents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1482212648235s.jpg (2KB, 124x102px) Image search: [Google]
1482212648235s.jpg
2KB, 124x102px
I have a cage that's ment for rabbits but the thing is it's only big enough for 1, i can't keep a social animal alone.So instead i decided to ask /an/ for some solitary rodents, oh and can guinea pigs be fine alone? As a kid i had 1 guinea pig, she seemed pretty fine with being alone.
>>
hamster is the only one
>>
>>2323289
Chinese hamsters
>>
>>2323291
there must be more than that, if not can i just keep 1 guinea pig? I work from home so i'll be able to have it out all day.
>>
>>2323299
Dont you like chinchillas?
>>
File: tumblr_nyvkidD1Mt1ukgkupo1_1280.jpg (39KB, 574x474px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyvkidD1Mt1ukgkupo1_1280.jpg
39KB, 574x474px
>>2323299
Theres nothing wrong with hamsters yo.
Give them enough to do and they are happy.
Dont come here asking for advice if you are only gonna go "You know what, I'm just gonna trat my animal the way I want regardless of what it needs"
>>
>>2323299
>>2323300
Both too big for a generic "rabbit" cage. Guinea pigs are social. Chinchillas are social. Syrian hamsters are solitary, but the bar spacing on a rabbit cage will be too wide.
Get an animal you actually want and can care for and buy it an appropriate enclosure. Don't just pick an animal based on whatever random shit fits in the cage you have.
>>
>>2323303
Anon sais he could have them out all the time since he works at home.

It is perfect for a chinchilla
>>
>>2323308
Chinchillas aren't solitary.
>>
>>2323314
I heard some owners say that if you're a lot of time with the chinchilla it is okay to only have one.

But yeah, they aren't solitary...
>>
No you absolutely cannot keep a solitary guinea pig. Lots of people keep a single one as a child, that doesn't make it okay it just mean kids know fuckall about animals. Both rabbits ang guinea pigs need lots of room, but the amount doesnt go up significantly for the second one so if you think your cage is too small for 2, then it's probably the kind they sell at the pet store and is animal abuse even for just one.
>>
>>2323331
look, i let the guinea pigs i have right now (yes i have 2 guinea pigs at this time) out to run around on the floor for hours every day.
>>2323302
It'll be too much to get all the equipment, i can't keep hamsters, plus i actually want a pet that lives more than 1 year.
>>2323300
not really, plus i'd have to get a different cage.
>>2323303
Like i said, the animal i get can have hours of free roam time, they won't just be in a cage all the time.
>>
>solitary guinea
neurotic and skittish as fuck.
Not completely horrible but it's a sad view (to always observe the poor thing shaking).
>>
>>2323928
Try a capivara then
>>
>>2323289
A Solitary guinea pig will be miserable. They're literally the worst pet it's like a shit version of any other rodent.
>>
>>2323928
>too much

if you can't afford setting it up then you can't afford the eventual vet bills that are associated with literally every rodent you stupid cunt. Don't introduce any more animals into your life if you can't budget $70.
>1 year
If you can't get it to live for three you're a shit owner.
>>
Ring neck dove
>>
>>2326287
The fuck?
>>
>>2323928
If you can't get a hamster to live more than a year, maybe you should be looking into some nice rock specimens instead

Guinea pigs are one of those social rodents that really need to be paired off. I'd argue they require it more than rabbits and mice do. Also I know you said the cage was for rabbits; if it has a wire bottom you're kind of fucked. I can't think of anything at the moment that can live in wire bottom cages besides rabbits.
>>
>>2326323
Not to mention guinea pigs being probably the most cowardly pet in existence. Rabbits can't live in wire bottom cages without problems happening in the future. Not to mention wire bottom cages being too small in most cases.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.