[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of fish is this? Gift from my mother, she does not either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 20170222_170527.jpg (2MB, 4160x2336px)
20170222_170527.jpg
2MB, 4160x2336px
What kind of fish is this? Gift from my mother, she does not either
>>
>>2322760
It's a betta.
>>
>>2322761
Yep, looks like one by the google images.

Thanks, tho i guess is my mons way of calling me a beta
>>
>>2322762
damn.
>>
>>2322762
Nah, they're just common and cheap. There's also an ubiquitous myth that they don't need heaters or filters and can live in teeny tiny tanks, so lots of people impulse buy them.
>>
>>2322957
I can just put one in a glass vase?
>>
>>2323020
If that vase is 2.5 gallons or bigger, and you put a filter and heater in it.
>>
>>2323020
You need at least a 2.5 gallon tank, but 5 gallons or more is preferred so that your Betta will be much happier and have more room to swim around and explore. You also want to have a LOW FLOW filter in your tank and a heater to keep the water temperature at a consistent 80 degrees fahrenheit. For the substation on the tank you can get some gravel from Petsmart or Petco or whatever, just make sure to get enough to cover the bottom of the tank by about an inch or two. If you want to get decorations I would suggest getting some cave-like structures since Bettas do like to hide. Also look into getting a SILK plant or two for the tank as well. I would recommend live plants but since you're a beginner it might be too much upkeep. Just make sure to NEVER use plastic plants as your Betta can damage it's fins on them.
>>
>>2323024
The whole fin damaging thing goes for all ornaments, FYI. The fins are delicate and if a pair of pantyhose would catch on the ornament, it's not a good idea to put it in with a betta.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.