[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on keeping pigs as pets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1487709744222.jpg (493KB, 1137x3334px) Image search: [Google]
1487709744222.jpg
493KB, 1137x3334px
Thoughts on keeping pigs as pets?
>>
>>2322282
no
>>
File: tumblr_mu60qiLi4c1s345tmo1_1280.jpg (349KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu60qiLi4c1s345tmo1_1280.jpg
349KB, 1280x854px
Only if you actually have real land and are willing to take care of them after they stop being cute
>>
>>2322282
Don't pigs go "crazy" after a certain age/size and *really* need a lot of land?
>>
>>2322282
I think the whole "teacup pig" scam has probably soured people on them.
>>
Pigs are fine as long as you understand the small pet pigs are small in pig terms, but are still pretty damn big animals.
>>
>>2322282
My mom has pet pigs, they are great animals, very smart. But they are not house pets, they do get pretty big and need a stable and a place where they can dig around and be outside
>>
+ adaptable af diet
+ you get bacon at the end

- land
- pig shit
- pigs rolling around in their own shit
>>
>>2322282
I've met a lot of pigs and they are fucking wonderful animals. Not for an owner who doesn't have time, space, and money though. They wag their tails like dogs and will squeal for attention. I do mean the big nasty market/meat pigs, by the way. They love belly rubs just as much as potbellies do. They're very smart animals, which means they're not easy to care for. They're pretty destructive.
>>
>>2322445

can you eat the pig meat when it dies of age?
>>
you can fuck them I guess, so there's that.
>>
>>2322478
Why.jpg
>>
>>2322476
For normal meat pigs, you have to butcher them at a bit later than 6 months of age when they get to market weight.
Apparently any older than that they start to end up with more fat than meat.
>>
>>2322476
Older animals seem to be generally considered much less desirable for meat. And in some species, "older" is past 4-6 months. I mean, it'd absolutely be edible, but perhaps not the best quality meat. I would have a hard time believing you could raise an animal as a beloved pet for 10 years and then cut it up, though.
>>
>>2322476
Yeah, but old pigs are stew meat like old hens. Would still make good bacon though.
>>
>>2322476
any old meat is pretty smelly and you can tell even by over seasoned sausage or dumpling meat
but if it's about already dead animals, those are processed into pet food.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.