[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hug your pet >post its reaction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13

File: 2 (1).jpg (200KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2 (1).jpg
200KB, 1920x1200px
>hug your pet
>post its reaction
>>
>>2322053
His head shot inside his body
>>
He nuzzled into my neck and licked my ear
>>
>>2322092
>Turtlefags and their horny little reptiles
>>
>>2322053
He wags his tail, makes a grunting sound and lays the side of his head against me to snuggle.

I know dogs supposedly hate hugs because their instincts tell them it's a dominance thing, but how the fuck is that not a positive reaction to a hug?
>>
>>2322053
Kept sleeping as if nothing happened.
>>
>>2322255
>I know dogs supposedly hate hugs because their instincts tell them it's a dominance thing

???
there are tons of reports of dogs wanting to get hugged at thunderstorms and actually it became kind of a problem for a lot of people because those doggos who got used to the hugs started to panic when there's no one to hug when there's thunder or firework.

dogs CAN definitely understand hugs but not every dog does.
>>
>>2322255
>>2322422

they instinctively fear hugs, it makes them uncomfortable, HOWEVER because humans =/= dogs normal dominance displays come off different, the same way your dog getting mad and stealing food off of your plate doesn't come off as a dominance thing to you.

as the dog comes to love and trust you, it begins to enjoy the closeness and warmth.
>>
>>2322053
dog 1:
>sat there paralyzed with a scared look on her face

dog 2:
>yelped and ran away
>laid down on other side of room and stared at me

I have 2 cats too but fuck them no hugs for them.
>>
Purred but backed out of the hug after about three seconds
>>
opens eyes, licks own nose, makes a hnn sound, yawns and close eyes
>>
>>2322053
>cat
>puts his paws on my shoulders
>rests head against my neck
>purrs
I hug him and carry him around pretty frequently, so he's used to it.
>>
She meowed, then made a little "mrrp" noise.
>>
>>2322245
Kek
>>
>>2322245
He's a tortoise.
>>
He spilled sphagnum moss and water on the ground.
>>
Dogger licked his lips, looked away while giving me the whale eye, and started sniffing at the ceiling. I guess he didn't like it.
>>
hugging is a fairly invasive procedure, it requires trust
there are dogs that will bite your face off if you try to hug them, because dogs are uncomfortable with your face so close to theirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufeg70J7A4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLnjiISsOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlds8MSu34k

>>2322492
doesnt sound like you have a very good relationship with your dogs. do you ever hit them / rough them up?
>>
Old man cat just kind of melted and purred.
>>
>>2322474
So that's why my pupperoni hates hugging

I thought that either she didn't like it, or because her ridiculously thick fur made her overheat within seconds.
>>
>>2322580
>police dog vid: "didn't see it coming"
>dog is stiff and nervous, constantly licking his lips, turning away, etc.
>dude continues touching the dog and getting in his face
FFS you'd have to be a complete idiot to "not see it coming"

>"fucking faggot-ass dog just bit me in the fucking face!"
>loud noises, fucktons of people, gets right in the dog's face
Gee bill, who could've predicted this?

Why are people so dumb.
>>
File: GSD_biting_face.webm (1MB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
GSD_biting_face.webm
1MB, 540x360px
>>2322591
>>2322580
>police dog vid: "didn't see it coming"
I thought the ear movements were a dead giveaway that the dog was getting tense. but it is a bit subtle if you're not actively looking out for it
>>
I feel like if you can't hug your own dog, you've fucked up in raising it. As others have pointed out, it requires a lot of trust. If your dog is nervous enough to snap because you put your arms around it/get close to it's face, you've failed as an owner.

Putting your face close to a strangers dog is just asking to get bitten though. It should be common sense but unfortunately the majority of people are ignorant in dog behaviour.
>>
hes laying down on my bed, he gave a really big sigh and cuddled into me

i will protect his smile
>>
File: dog_body_language1.jpg (119KB, 650x1098px) Image search: [Google]
dog_body_language1.jpg
119KB, 650x1098px
>>2322598
Every dog owner should print this image and hang it on a wall
>>
>>2322599
>If your dog is nervous enough to snap because you put your arms around it/get close to it's face, you've failed as an owner.

This, my dog even lets me take food or bones away from him while he is eating them and either not care or shake his whole bum and get excited. And hes a lab, Ive heard they are usually cunts with food
>>
File: 20170218_095336.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170218_095336.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
He would look at me like that and ask wtf am I doing.
>>
File: doggie-armor.png (475KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
doggie-armor.png
475KB, 800x541px
>dog 1 (mutt)

Wiggled his tail as I approached, then stayed frozen until it was over. Then he wiggled his tail again when I let him go.

>dog 2 (older border collie)

Wiggled his tail as I approached, as soon as I hugged him he contorted himself like a slippery snake, got out, ran away and came back with his favorite ball, threw it at the floor and stared at it until I threw it for him. Now his is in 'playing catch' mode

>dog 2 (young border collie)

Wiggled his tail as I approached, got hugged, began to lick the life out of my face at the speed of a thousand lightnings, had to lad him go or enjoy a full coverage of doggy saliva on my face.

I guess it all went alright.

Here is an edited picture of my older border collie wearing his battle armor.
>>
>>2322607
I see here that it says yawning is a sign of stress but I've always been taught to interpret it as more of a calming signal. So yeah, they do yawn when stressed to calm themselves but dogs might also yawn when they get massages or scratched in certain places because they're content and deeply relaxed.

Am I correct or interpreting my poor doggo wrong
>>
>>2322633

You are correct.

The picture in >>2322607 is, in essence, wrong, since it implies that there is only one interpretation for the doggie's behavior and that context doesn't matter. It does.

Whale eyes might just mean that your dog is comfortably lying down and doesn't want to turn it's head around, for instance.
>>
>>2322053
She put her head on my shoulder and licked my face afterwards
>>
File: IMG_2441.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2441.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
She just kind of accepts hugs but never seeks them as she's a super independent dog. My favorite reactions she gives me are when I'm holding one of her toys or a treat. Pic related.
>>
>>2322607
How do you teach dogs about warning signals from other dogs?
Every trainer I've spoken too insists dogs should only meet on lead and to never go to dog parks. My dog doesn't seem to get stress or warning signals when another dog seems close to snapping. This doesn't seem like something she can learn with 15 seconds of sniffing another dog on a walk. She drives my friends dogs crazy and never gives them space. I'm scared to introduce her to new dogs in case they aren't as tolerant of her rude behavior.
>>
File: 20170212_194402.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_194402.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>2322644
Yeah mine is also independent.
I've had two schnauzers before and both liked to sleep with us and receive hugs.

My 8 months Airedale do not want to sleep with us and he don't necessary like hugs, but he is not scared at all and confident when we get into his "bubble".
Not like >>2322580
>>
>tfw no pet to hug
>>
File: Ruca5.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Ruca5.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>2322053
>kneel down to dog level
>dog stands up on back paws
>puts front paws around my neck
>smashes head against side of my face
>squeezes front paws around my neck
>makes noises, wags tail harder
>tfw dog hugs me
>>
>>2322668
>tf
>>
File: 20170222_214006.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170222_214006.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Disgust
>>
I've done this to my dog since she was a puppy. She doesn't really seek out hugs on her own, but if I go down to hug her she doesn't even react except she'll take her head and rest it on my shoulder.
>>
File: dpx_abuseddogburns_1.jpg (736KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
dpx_abuseddogburns_1.jpg
736KB, 2048x1363px
>>2322618
>>2322599
not everyone gets their dog as a puppy.
some dogs are adopted and have a backhistory of being abused.

if your (adopted) dog starts shaking like crazy everytime you get very close up to him, maybe it's just a better idea to not do that
>>
File: bärsking.png (255KB, 444x734px) Image search: [Google]
bärsking.png
255KB, 444x734px
Cat1 (3 y. male)
>Stops moving
>Stares me
>Starts loud purring
>Sleeps and snores in my arms about 10 min

Cat2 (1 y. female)
>Headputs immediately
>Licks my arm few times
>Quiet purr
>Few headputts and she is done
>>
>>2322409
This time I heard her move.
Wagged her tail when I got closer and then just went limp and back to sleep when I hugged her.
>>
Dog
>call him over
>hug him
>he accepts hugs
>after about 5 seconds wiggles away and tries to initiate roughhouse play time

Cat
>call him over
>he walks into lap for snuggles
>hug him
>he falls asleep on chest
>>
File: hug.jpg (1009KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hug.jpg
1009KB, 1920x1080px
He wants more
>>
how 2 hug rattos?
>>
I hug both my dogs every day and sleep with them both in my bed at night so they're completely at ease with physical contact.

Both dogs reacted in much the same way;

>I approach dog
>Dog uncurls and looks at me
>I go for the cuddle
>Dog sits there and wiggles tail
>I let go
>Dog stands up and now expects food

Both of them are chinese cresteds.
>>
>>2323270
Gently.
Very gently.
>>
>>2322580
>niggers, news reporters, and fratfags are retards
damn, I never would've guessed
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
He looked at me, yawned, and then went back to sleep.
>>
>doggo sitting down, kneel down and give him hug.
>he gets excited and leans into me
>tries to crawl into lap
>doggo 90lb GSD mix, so he ends up knocking me over
>big dog thinks he's a little baby and loves hugs and cuddles

I honestly hug and cuddle my dog all the time, he loves it.
>>
Hugged my cat, he woke up crawled into my lap and went back to sleep.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.