[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: a2fcce7de78e167d5e8bd7b185ea62ad.jpg (522KB, 1634x2507px) Image search: [Google]
a2fcce7de78e167d5e8bd7b185ea62ad.jpg
522KB, 1634x2507px
Can you guys tell me about Quaker Parrots?

I'm thinking about getting my first pet bird.
>>
don't
>>
>>2321973
Why?
>>
>>2321968
Any input besides "don't."?
>>
>>2322065
Do
>>
>>2322068
I was looking for some input that might include experiences.
>>
>>2321973
>>2322068

You guys suck
>>
Talk to a breeder directly, that way you get better info from someone who has good knowledge.
>>
File: 1480630902596.jpg (11KB, 328x277px)
1480630902596.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
Get a Muscovy duck. Shit's cash. They don't stupid like other dumb ducks. Mostly Peekings dumb it. So Muscovy.

Also the females do this cute whistling weird noise that is still one of the loveliest noises I done ever heard.
>>
Quakers are notorious for being cage aggressive. That's all i got.
>>
They are so fucking loud it's not even funny mother fuckers will fuck you up for getting close to the cage.
>>
Uvy
>>
>>2321968
They nest near my neighborhood and watch me water my plants.
>>
>>2322961
>>2322438
These also live near my house and are the friendliest feral animal I have ever met.
Sometime I have both in my yard eating from my bird feeder.
>>
>>2321968
Big parrots all the way (if you dont mind the noise)
>>
File: 1464779516863.jpg (39KB, 357x500px)
1464779516863.jpg
39KB, 357x500px
Larger parrots are an extremely big commitment , much moreso than dogs and cats. They are likely to outlive your commitment to them. They can also be extremely loud and if you like quiet solitude a parrot is probably not for you.

If you do decide to get a parrot, investing in training and taming media such as videos and books (eg: parrot wizard or birdtricks or something) will help a shit ton and well worth it.
>>
>>2323690
what breed is this chicken? it has nice dinosaur legs!
>>
>>2324398
Not sure, but looks a lot like the malay chickens I've seen.
>>
File: 1487860994169.jpg (84KB, 1024x1024px)
1487860994169.jpg
84KB, 1024x1024px
Fun fact: raptor and rapist are almost the same word, etymologically speaking. This means neckbellies and neckbeards are basically the same. My waifu can literally eat my penis.
>>
You want to get the basics of bird training down before trying to handle a Quaker. They need intense and constant socialization. You need to constantly be getting into their cage space, changing their perches and toys around, playing with them inside their cage, moving the cage location in the house, and giving them as big a cage as possible to curb aggression. Start early. Start at eight weeks. Hand fed only. Get them used to toweling, restraining, stick step up, left and right hand step up, children, dogs, cats, fat men, women, scary bearded dudes, etc etc. They need, like, two hours of training per day in the beginning scattered throughout.

Well worth the effort though. They will laugh with you, laugh at you, laugh at your games and shows, hang on your every word and action, be concerned when you cry (mine even says "don't cry, it's OK!", though I did not teach her this), eat what you eat, and are generally a lot of fun. Great talkers. They let you know what they want.
>>
>>2324398
Saipan Jungle fowl, one of the most aggressive breeds you can get, even the hens will beat the shit outta anything that gets in
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.