[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are some dogs just untrainable? My boss asked me to train her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Are some dogs just untrainable?

My boss asked me to train her Yorkie. They got it free from a family in an apartment. The little shit is 5 months, always running around, humping and yapping. I agreed to come teach commands maybe twice a week, but she also wants me to "teach" it to potty on a pad in the bathroom (these are hour sessions). She told me she has no time to do any training herself. Great.

Anyways, it took 3 sessions just to get it to start sitting. It has zero focus and is so small and fast its like trying to train a hamster.

Is there any hope?
>>
>twice a week
there's your problem. training needs to happen every day, even multiple times a day. it's also better to tire the dog out before training.
>>
>>2321903
Not true at all. You want a full energy and receptive dog to train.
>>
>>2321904
that's also not entirely true. you wouldn't want a dog that's completely exhausted from exercise, but also not a dog that's practically bouncing of the walls. you need to find a middle ground.

>>2321735
if she "doesn't have time" training probably wont work. you can begin teaching a behaviour with training sessions, but unless you reinforce that in the daily life of the dog, you wont get any progress at all. If your boss wants to see results, tell her thing she should or shouldn't do to train her dog. (for example don't feed your dog table scraps and let him wait for his food to get a dog that doesn't beg for food all the time)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.