[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norwegian Elkhound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Norwegian_Elkhound.jpg (94KB, 600x629px) Image search: [Google]
Norwegian_Elkhound.jpg
94KB, 600x629px
Why do people buy Norwegian Elkhounds?

My mother owned two and I've dated a girl who owned one. I am a dog lover by heart but I cannot stand this breed. They are the dumbest animals I've come across.

>Barks non-stop, usually at nothing or the wind
>They don't like being seen when they do their business, so if they're not an outside dog, they love ruining the floor
>Loves to eat their own feces
>Useless in terms of protection
>Isn't an affectionate breed
>One of the more expensive breeds I've come across
>They all look like inbreds

Why do people get these things?
>>
>>2321333
Because they look kind of wolfish probably
>>
>>2321333
>Barks
At a point in their breeding lineage they were required to have a bark that could be heard from a great distance, and were generally encouraged to bark a lot for you to locate them when out of sight and for watchdog purposes.
Its actually a very easy trait to train out of norwegian spitz-breeds.
>Dont like being seen [...]
This is a non problem, they are perfectly house trainable and will not be a bigger challenge than most other dogs in this regard.
>Isnt affectionate
Not true.
>Expensive
I dont know, depends on where you live I guess. They cost the same as other similar purebreds where I live.

They are good dogs that most likely share their lineage with the norwegian buhund which has been a family companion, herding dog, and watch dog in Norway since at least the viking age.
>>
Are they that bad? When my spitz goes I was looking into another spitz breed that isn't a husky. I've given a little thought about a norwegian elkhound but I've only met one and it was a puppy.
>>
>>2321333
I know tea cup dogs and Pomskys are often Elkhound puppies being labeled as adults. Maybe people fall for those scams and but a Pomsky that is really an Elkhound, or simply decide to get Elkhounds because they thought the puppy was cute.
>>
File: tumblr_lhsj6zDVQg1qg7u04o1_500.jpg (108KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lhsj6zDVQg1qg7u04o1_500.jpg
108KB, 500x667px
find me a dog breed that doesnt eat its own feces
>>
>>2321719
what. is. THAT
>>
>>2321719
a dog with a good diet
>>
File: sleepy_puppy.jpg (101KB, 1288x966px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy_puppy.jpg
101KB, 1288x966px
>>2321719
>>2321737
That's an entlebucher. Also mine doesn't eat her own poop but she's mixed with a bit of husky. She does love cat poop though
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.