[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are cairn terriers good dogs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cairnterriersf5.jpg (33KB, 250x376px) Image search: [Google]
cairnterriersf5.jpg
33KB, 250x376px
Are cairn terriers good dogs?
>>
>>2320827
This is on par with asking if blue is a good color.
>>
all dogs are good dogs
>>
>>2321099
Not true. Most are, but not all. Just like anything else, sometimes their fucked up!
>>
I only know these as loud yapping annoying cunts that usually come with grandmas attached to them
>>
>>2321106
>sometimes their fucked up!
Can't really blame the dogs though. Centuries of human domestication and breeding (for hunting, companionship, the way they look, etc.) have given rise to genetic monstrosities with many physical and mental issues from inbreeding and fucked up body characteristics (bull terrier snout or tiny chihuahuas with fuckhuge eyes). That behavior you mention as fucked up cant be helped because it's bred into them.
>>
>>2321106
A dog being fucked up isn't their fault like you not knowing the difference between they're and their is your fault. They're just animals and it's stupid to blame them for exhibiting behavior that they've been trained to exhibit, intentionally or not.

>>2320827
Any dog is a good dog. Some people think guard dogs who bark all night and maul children are good dogs because that's what they want in an animal. Some people think their barely housetrained lap chihuahua is a good dog because that's what they wanted in an animal. Some people throw a hissy fit if your dog looks at the dinner table while you're eating from his bed because that means he's begging and therefore is poorly trained and a bad dog because that's not what they want in an animal. It depends on who you ask.
Any dog can be a good dog. Some are more inclined to act out when owned by people who have no business owning dogs, but it's the owners fault if they can't train their dog correctly.
Tldr: your question is fucking retarded.
>>
>>2321168
This.
>>
>>2320827
Speaking from personal experience, I know a farmer that has kept these dogs around his place for years.
All livestock is now kept in fairing houses, so the farmer doesn't need a large dog to protect a herd anymore.
However keeping animals under roof now means more vermin and pests. The Cairn terrier excells as a ratter, and makes quick work of the many small animals that could be a potential problem.
They were all good with people, clean, and quiet, only barking to alert the farm if someone was pulling in to the drive. One thing I remember was the size of their teeth were oddly large for such a small dog.
>>
>>2321215
Terriers are the best dogs on the planet.
>>
>>2321150
You're thinking of Yorkies.
>>
>>2321168
Best post ITT
>>
>>2320827
yes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.