[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real or Fake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: africangrey.png (200KB, 507x602px) Image search: [Google]
africangrey.png
200KB, 507x602px
https://www.quora.com/Do-parrots-have-a-sense-of-humor/answer/Kathy-Carr?srid=h2TyN
Got a minute? She claims to have an African Grey that understands humor. Is that even possible or exaggerated claims...?

>He would throw a peanut about a foot away to coax a friendly squirrel "you hungry", "c'mon",... When the squirrel was just about to snatch the peanut, he'd put his wings up, yell "Boo!" and chase the squirrel laughing.
>He quickly got the idea of "Old McDonald Had a Farm" song and added his own frog, airplane, tiger, etc... complete with noises. He would laugh at his new additions.
>Sometimes when he poops, he will yell "look out belowwww" and make a bomb noise when it hits. We did not teach him this and don't understand how he would know to do this. He also does the bomb-falling whistle- all to be funny.
>He used to mess with one daughter on her +/- flash cards by telling her the wrong answer (numbers 1-10). He can count, so he could give the correct answer, but then it he couldn't get his laugh at her repeating the wrong answer.
>He also uses humor to try to bring a family member out of crying- either a knock-knock joke, funny noises, silly songs, doing something silly. He makes a concerted effort to use humor as a compassionate tool.
>At times, he will laugh before anyone else at a joke or funny comment or a stumble.
>He initiates noise competitions daily- who can invent the funniest noise or strand of noises. He is purposely inventive - making noises that we cannot duplicate, thus trying to get the best laugh. He will laugh at all good ones including his own- which are funny.
>>
Reading through it could be a mix of the two. African Greys are very vocal and intelligent, so it could be just a way to amuse himself that he knows his family enjoys. He gets some amount of positive feedback and is creative enough to make new noises or funny games. The difference between humor and play in this scenario isn't too big. She may be exaggerating for effect or mis-remembering things for a better story but it's not that outlandish. Lots of animals play games like this.
>>
Lots of animals demonstrate laughter, humor, play.

Probably one of the bases for forming society. You can't build a society without learning to get along.
>>
File: 1468069050574.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468069050574.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>2317924
>If I get 100 likes I'll buy it.
God I hate niggers.
>>
>>2317935
Came here to say pretty much exactly this.
>>
Some animals have their own form of laughing, like rats for example. But I doubt they have humor aside from amusement, as in they don't tell jokes.
Parrots are very intelligent and 'funny' animals. They are big on play. His laughing is just a mimic of humans laughing from hearing/doing something funny, and he is copying it when he does something he finds funny. Parrots may have their own type of laughter like rats do but I personally think just screaming is their type of laughter.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.