[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't ever buy an animal from a store. I didn't believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (49KB, 767x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 767x575px
Don't ever buy an animal from a store. I didn't believe it until it happened to me. They are liars and only want money. I got a dog from Petland a few years back, and they said nothing was wrong with him, and urged me to only go to a specific bet so I listened. Eventually my dog got very skinny and sick, so I took him to my vet, and they told me he was extremely ill and beyond saving. Petland and that god damned vet lied and kept all his illnesses a secret. They put me and my dog through hell, my dog basically starving to death, and me having to watch him be in so much pain. I had to put him down today, and I swear on his life that I will never buy anything from Petland or other stores like it ever agian. What they did was extremely disgusting. Sleep tight little pupper.
>>
>>2317364
Sounds like it's exclusively your fault for being retarded enough to buy a puppy mill dog. Seriously, the fuck did you expect? And you didn't even fucking save it. Nice job killing a dog and funding puppy mills, dickhead.
>>
>>2317364
Sorry you had to go through that :(
>>
>>2317364
Rest in peace pupper.
>>
>>2317367
This.

You also let another dog in a shelter die. Fuck you op
>>
Don't buy pet store dogs.

Also contact the press. It may open up an investigation. It's what happened to a chain where I used to live and they finally got shut down. Someone complained in the newspaper and called to arms online, more shady shit was found, police got involved and they were done for.
>>
>>2317368
Sorry the owner had to go through that? That's sortof like saying you're sorry a murderer had to deal with watching their victim die. It was almost completely their fault.
>>2317384
This. Double kill. Nice job OP.
>>
>>2317364
So what was actually wrong with the dog?
>>
>>2317422
I'm going to assume parvo, since it's so common and deadly.
Do petstores not get their puppies vaccinated? Do they sell them too young for shots or just don't want to spend the money?

My coworker used to work for a puppy store that got shut down due to sick and dying puppies. She said it was the most miserable job she ever had and just kept it for the money. She quit and ended up testifying against them.
>>
>>2317431
It's all money. That, and they just don't care. Obviously, puppy mills aren't really concerned about animal welfare.
>>
>>2317431
I hate that OP's dog died horribly, but if he really did buy it years ago from Petland, how is it their fault if it got parvo? It's not like it's genetic and even with what they said, couldn't he have taken it to any vet and gotten it vaccinated?
>>
>>2317441
I just realized OP said he had the dog for years so excuse my parvo mention. I read it as days ago. So now I am curious what OP's dog disease was that was starving him to death. And what petlands vet did/said what was wrong with the dog. Also the breed of dog. We are missing some vital info.

Petland is still shit though. Hard to imagine that OP never heard of the problems with puppy mills and bought one anyway. It's either the dogs are either already sick, or die horribly a few years later. They don't care about animals. They just crank out puppies as fast as they can and sell. Not Petland but an old petstores used to be around and actually sold varieties of lizards, rodents and birds I've never seen sold in stores before. They also had a puppy section. I was 15 and I'd go there for pet food and in general the employees were cool, even indirectly basically trying to turn people off from buying the puppies but most ended up getting the hammer hard or fired due to their lack of selling said puppies. I remember seeing a gorgeous merle great dane puppy there that wasn't selling. She was there for about two months. I went in one day and asked about her and an employee just frowned and said she her and some other puppies had gotten put down due to parvo and that it happened a lot. Said they got a lot of returns too due to sickness or just other shit like puppies were annoying, it wasn't potty trained, etc. They could return puppies within a certain amount of time and just get any other breed they had.
Store disappeared one day and reopened somewhere else under a different name. I recognized some employees and animals they were selling. The dogs looked so bad. Skinny and lethargic. That store eventually went too, and once again returned under a name like Puppies, Puppies, Puppies! Or some shit. They only sold puppies. Not surprisingly, they also got shut down.
I'm sure they reopened somewhere else too under a different name.
>>
>>2317454
Oh, I don't doubt that Petland is utter shit and needs to be driven out of business.

I just question how OP is blaming all of this on Petland and the one vet after having the dog for years.
>>
>>2317364
I can't understand crap like this
with the entire internet at your fingertips, how do you fall for shit like this? you are entirely at fault, and I hate you
>>
>>2317454
A dog with EPI will starve to death slowly without medical intervention, but there are probably a lot of diseases that can cause a dog to drop a lot of weight and then die from whatever organ failure.
>>
>>2317431
Pet stores literally buy from puppy mills so they can turn a profit.
A registered breeder is absolutely (under contract) not allowed to sell their puppies to pet stores.
>>
>>2317367
>exclusively
Well, no. People aren't just magically off the hook for doing shitty thing just because "the victims should have known better."
>>
>>2317704
Victims, generally speaking, do not choose to be and actually pay to be abused because they "didn't believe it until it happened to them." The victim is the dog. OP was only a victim of making bad fucking choices.
>>
File: silly samson.jpg (12KB, 180x320px) Image search: [Google]
silly samson.jpg
12KB, 180x320px
I adopted my cats from one of these stores, they belonged to the manager, oddly enough. He put them up for adoption because he got a dog and the cats didn't get along with the dog so he said "herp derp fuck these cats" and put them up for adoption. Fucking dumb asshole, I hope he's enjoying his dumbass dog because they're the sweetest cats in the world and I certainly wouldn't abandon them for some shithead dog
>Pic related, one of the cats, his name is Samson and he likes to have his belly scratched
>>
>>2317971
you smell bad
>>
>>2317971
Can't blame him for dumping his cats for a dog.
Wouldnt wanna be associated with cat owners like you.

and ya know dogs are superior in every way
>>
>>2317980
>>2318099
imagine being this insecure
>>
>>2318101
You know, try as I might, I can't even imagine it.
>>
>>2317364
""""""buying""""""" dogs
jesus christ dude. chip, vax, and spay/neuter on a shelter dog that just came in is like $100. $200 at the most for a puppy. this is your parents never loved you.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.