[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frustrated first time puppy owner here. Just got this 45 day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170214_151615.jpg (4MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_151615.jpg
4MB, 4096x2304px
Frustrated first time puppy owner here.

Just got this 45 day old boxer puppy and it's giving me a hard time. Vet says he's fine, and to come next week for vaccination.

I can't seem to toilet train him. He always has an accident before I get to him. Is it too late to properly train him?

He only drinks milk. Doesn't even like biscuits. Is that normal?
>>
>>2316948
milk?? what? also no you can still pottytrain him..
>>
>>2316952
Got any tips friend? Much appreciated.
>>
>>2316952
Don't give him mill for fuck sake or he will shit like all the time. You don't give milk to young cats and so you do to puppies
>>
>>2316959
if he is like about to pee inside just scare him a little by yelling or throwing something on the floor. Take him outside, if he does his buisnes outside reward him with some kind of sanck.

find out what he likes, doesnt have to be biscuits there are toooons of other dogsnacks out there.

always reward good behaviour
>>
>>2316968
>if he is like about to pee inside just scare him a little by yelling or throwing something on the floor
That's retarded.
Just pick him up, take him out, and praise him when he does it outside.
>>
ok try this... as soon as his pisses pick him up and put him outside in a place he might piss and praise him. try make it a routine.

I been advised as it has worked.
>>
>>2316972
yeahhh that would be better
>>
Put his head in piss and yell random words
>>
Call the vet to get a recommendation on food, amount, and feeding schedule. They shouldn't charge you for that.

And that's a cute pitbull. He's not a Boxer. Have fun with pupper.
>>
It always amazes me how people think an eight week old puppy can be house broken in a couple of days. It takes weeks. If he's still having accidents after a few months, then you've got problems.
>>
>>2316991
This.
Also I peed on mime for a few weeks and let him sit in my warm piss for hours.
He stopped shortly after that.
>>
>>2317006
it amazes me that someone with so little knowledge would get a puppy in the first place
fucking trailer trash

enjoy your neglected shit dog, OP.
>>
>>2316948
Honestly, op? You want the legit truth?
You're fucking stupid and should either sterilize or kill yourself.
>>
>>2317020
Making yourself seem superior by acting like a know it all prick on the Internet. Either tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can correct it or go back to jerking off under your mom's basement.
>>
>>2317025
>under the basement
What? Some sort of sub-basement?

And you're so far fucked that I'd need to physically be there with you in order to fix everything you're doing wrong.

>45 day old. 6weeks 3 days old. <2months old.
At this point, you shouldn't even have the dog. Let alone expect it to potty outside.
>tied up
You can just stop this shit right now if you expect your dog to not be awful
>feeding milk
That better be puppy milk-supplement and not just whole or skim from your grocer. On top of that, he's probably old enough to be eating puppy food.

By this point, the dog needs to be taken outback for 40+minutes and you just sit there waiting for it to piss and shit. Praise it when it does.
Provide ample playtime before and after, wear him out. The running encourages him to shit and piss. A flirt pole will work or if you're not fat then you can run around with the dog.
After, let him rest inside, a crate with lots of toys is one option. The better option is to leash him to yourself and keep an eye on him, again lots of toys for him. Correct undesirable behavior as you go with a stern 'no' and a light pinch on the lower back toward the ass (queens do this to their pups).
Then come back and ask for advice when he's 10weeks.
>>
>>2317017
Hey, the dog is cute, and OP obviously wants to raise a good dog.

What kind of living situation you in OP? Got a fenced back yard? Got a crate?

Never leave a pup that small outside btw. Hawks and sunstroke and stuff can happen.
>>
>>2317031
Oh, and if you expect it not to shit or piss indoors then make sure you're taking it outside every hour.
>>
>>2317025
Assuming this isn't a troll, don't mind people being a jerk. Not trying to fling shit at you, but whats being done to this puppy is rally horrible, even if it is unintentional. Glad to see you're willing to listen to people and change stuff though!
>>
>45 day old
too young to be separated from its mother. that's why you're having problems.

you can't toilet train him because he physically cannot hold his bladder for more than 2 hours.

>>2317036
>OP obviously wants to raise a good dog.
then he should have done some basic research before getting one.
>>
File: IMG_20170214_190801.jpg (2MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_190801.jpg
2MB, 2304x4096px
>>2317038
This is where he I'm keeping him. There's a false ceiling over his head and I'm staying metres away in the room below.

I've cleaned all his messes and would like him to go to the corner close to a drain pipe where it's easier to clean.

I bought him from a shitty pet vendor. He's the only one in my area, so I had no choice. No animal shelters here nearby. I took him to the vet to get advice regarding diet and vaccination. Vet says Milk and biscuits are enough for a month.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.
>>
>>2317045
>milk and biscuits
You didn't see a vet, you asked a quack.
>>
>>2317045
I'd like to reiterate.
Sterilize or kys.
>>
>>2317045
>Constructive criticism is always welcome.
Stop lying.
Give the puppy to somebody who can actually take care of it.
Then kill yourself.
>>
>>2317045

Holy shit that's inhumane. How can someone do this to a puppy and think it's ok?

Give it to someone who can keep it.

Locking a puppy up to a small chain and leaving it without shelter (no, the roof is not a shelter, he needs a doogy house kind of place).

I'm not even kidding, you are an asshole.

GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE.
>>
>>2317045
What kind of shit hole do you live in where there are no real vets?

That dog needs puppy food with lots of protein from meat and stuff. It is too old for milk, especially cow milk which is should never be receiving. And biscuits, please me they are at least dog biscuits and not the human kind? Even then, dog biscuits are for treats, not food. Get some soft puppy food from a store or research feeding puppies raw meat and what they can and should eat.

While you are at it, get the dog a dog house or something it can hide from wind or rain in at least. Poor thing. Are you wanting to keep it tied up there for it's whole life?
>>
>>2317045

1) don't leave your dog tied up outside

2) he isn't gonna learn shit if he's already pissing and shitting outdoors

3) buy puppy food from a store and give it clean water to drink.
>>
>>2317045
Idk if you're trolling. You probably won't be able to start training the dog for another few weeks. Tying it up all day is gonna make him grow up retarded and bad. It's diet is awful. Water and puppy feed.

What you need to do is go on Webmd, Petmd, and ASPCA to read literally every article on dog care. All three because you're probably thick-skulled. Then watch YouTube videos on the Boxer (Pitbull?) breed. Finally, stop lying, you fucking asshole, and go to a real vet.
>>
>>2317045
Holy shit, that's sad.

Please be okay pupper.
>>
File: 1480375561674.gif (181KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1480375561674.gif
181KB, 405x414px
>>2317045
>that tiny chain
>everything else in that pic
>milk and biscuits
>>
>>2317045
/an/ - FUCK ANIMALS XD

Why is this board filled with animal abusing teenagers as of late? Better yet, why don't you animal abusing retards grow some balls and graduate to humans like your psychopathic brains will convince in ten years when your life doesn't pan out anyway?
>>
>>2317045
this is fucking sad.

pls someone doxx this faggot and have the pup taken away from him
>>
>>2317045

You have literally no idea how to care for or train a dog
>>
>>2317045

>puppy literally lives outdoors
>complains that he isnt potty trained

you're so fucking stupid.
>>
>>2317045
Ok OP I'm going to try to level with you.

80ish% of dog attacks involved a dog that was kept mainly outdoors. This is not because the outdoors makes dogs violent. It's because they are not getting the attention and socialization that they need, and they don't feel a connection with anyone. You want your dog to love you, that's literally what we made dogs for. So he should be where you are most of the time, if that's indoors then he should be indoors, and if you sleep inside at night he should too. Otherwise, rehome your dog because you obviously didn't want a dog.

Dogs lack an enzyme, lactase, to break down lactose, the sugar molecule in milk. This results in gas and loose stool. Loose stool results in diarrhea. If your puppy isn't eating solids yet, it needs puppy formula. If it is eating solids, just give it plain old water. I promise as long as you keep the water clean and fresh the puppy won't dehydrate itself in retaliation. But the milk needs to stop, because dehydration is a quick killer and right now he's basically on a loop of that with the shits.

He should be on a diet of puppy food, kibble or wet. In English biscuit usually refers to dog treats, and feeding only treats will eventually kill him through lack of nutrition and high carbs and fat. If you can give me a general location like a country I can try to find a vendor for dog kibble. Otherwise you'll have to do a raw diet, which you need to research EXTENSIVELY because doing it poorly can also kill your dog. It may take you a week to read up on everything and get ready, but do hurry because a dog can't live on biscuits and it looks like he may already be bloating from malnutrition (or worms).
Read around here if you want to do raw feeding
http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html
I've never done it before myself so I hope other anons that are more knowledgeable can comment on it. It seems like it's very thorough for beginners though.

Continued....
>>
>>2317319
This is the result of buying from a mill/byb, they didn't tell you fuck all about how to care for dogs and didn't care whether you were ready or not and now you're fucking up a very crucial time in it's life. It's more than likely has some genetic issues that will pop up in it's lifetime. I can also promise you you overpaid for that animal by at least $100 or whatever ruppee currency you use, but that's neither here nor there. You have the dog now and you have to deal with it now. I am a big believer in the idea that breeders don't create a dog problem, owners do. So you have to buckle down and do this right.

It's not learning to shit outdoors through your faults, not his. In the end, that is dog training, really any animal training; if an animal can't pick up a behavioral cue, 99% of the time it's not its fault. Your first problem is the fact that you're giving a lactose intolerant animal milk, which makes the feeling of pooping come on rather suddenly. Part of it is he literally can't hold it in, when he feels he has to shit is just starts coming. Another issue is that you keep him outdoors too. An outdoor animal is not going to learn very easily that it's not ok to shit indoors, because it's rarely indoors. If you are worried about floors getting messy, keep him in either a crate or a bathroom only when you can't watch him. He shouldn't be confined for most of the day, though. Only when you have to go to the store or some shit.

I highly recommend kikopup, a dog trainer on youtube, for people who never had dogs before that have a puppy. She goes slow, is very detailed and covers the basics. Binge watch her training videos some day soon (not all her videos are training videos) just so you have a grasp of what training you may/may not need to do, and go back to them when you actually need to train that. You would probably like her, she's also from a third world country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvPiFcG7ROI
>>
>>2316948
Nigger, it literally took 8 miserable months until my puppy was finally reliably pottytrained. 8 months of hell

All dogs learn at their own time. Some, like mine took a while. Yours could be the same.
>>
>>2317264
ok this is the point where you have to fucking relax

it's not like he's beating it or something
>>
>>2317319
>>2317331

Thank you for typing this up, I couldn't be bothered but someone really needed to let OP know how much he's fucking up

Seriously I learned when i was like 8 that you don't actually give baby animals milk, how does an adult not know that.
>>
Boxers are retarded. Worst first puppy you could have chose
>>
>>2317414
>It's okay if the puppy's alone 22 hours a day outside and not even 7 weeks old, because hey, it doesn't get hit!
No Anon, it's not okay, fuck off.
>>
File: 1484084804931.jpg (15KB, 225x364px) Image search: [Google]
1484084804931.jpg
15KB, 225x364px
>>2317045
>tfw any retard like op can buy animals
>this pupper will probably continue to get neglected and end up in a shelter to get put down or go on to breed 6 more ferals because it never got neutered/properly taken care of

I rly hate ppl sometimes
>>
Where do you live op? I would love to take this pupper off of your clueless, inhumane hands.
>>
What third world country do you live in?
>>
>>2316948
>45 day old
idiot
>>
>>2317599
Fuck off, boxers are awesome goofy fuckers.
>>
>>2317006
somebody post the video
>>
>>2316948
>OP made another thread to escape from this one
Fucking incredible. Enjoy your dead dog OP.
>>
>>2317045
>this triggers the /an/on
>>
are we all just going to ignore this?

>>2319226
>>2319827
>>2319910
>>
>>2320212
How much do you want to bet OP is black?
>>
>>2320246
the newspaper in the op pic is POO
>>
>>2316948
>>2317045
you shouldn't have any animal you fucking abusive beeing

are you really mentally retarded to a high enough level to think it's OK waht you are doing, you disgusting asshole?
>>
>>2317045
Poor pupper
>>
>>2317045
>/pol/ buys a dog
>>
I have a question about my cat that I'll toss in this thread. Somebody please help me. My cat had roundworms and I had him treated with pyrantel 2 doses 2 weeks apart, then his stool sample tested negative for parasites. Then a few months later he lost a severe amount of weight and threw up a massive pile of confirmed roundworms, so he was treated with pyrantel 2 doses 2 weeks apart again and started on a monthly topical treatment, Revolution (selamectin). The last pyrantel was given in early January and he gets his topical medicine on the first of the month.

I don't know why he failed the first treatment because he is an indoor only cat. The place I adopted him from told me they also treated him for parasites and did a full deworming treatment just before I got him. He was also treated for tapeworms last month which the vet thinks he did not have, but with his weight loss we wanted to cover everything just in case. He had all kinds of blood tests, thyroid, was tested for feline leukemia, HIV, and diabetes. All of this came back negative/normal.

The problem is he is still severely underweight, sleeps all day, and over the past week has started excessively grooming himself and is almost bald just over the course of about 7 days! Went to vet 3 days ago because of his new bald spots, and the vet thinks it is a food allergy, and got him special prescription allergy food. The whole time I had him he always ate the same thing so I don't understand why a food allergy would start now. He does not like the prescription food and he is so little, so I am giving him his usual diet as well because he won't eat the new stuff.

Does it sound like food allergies? Is it possible that all of the roundworm medications didn't work and he still has them? I am at my wits end with this, my cat has had so much workup and treatment but he looks like he might die at any minute because he is so underweight, frail and balding.
>>
>>2320715
Send him for a second opinion at a different vet. I know you've probably spent a lot of money on this one but he may be a quack that is killing your little friend. What food are you giving? Food allergies usually result in excessive itching, not grooming, but both can lead to hair loss (although so can malnutrition). Try switching to a grain free or a different kind of meat if you think it's allergies
>>
>>2317045
Holy shit, anon. You've triggered /an/ on a level I didn't think was even possible.
>>
>>2316948
Verbally reprimand him whenever he uses the bathroom inside, and reward him immediately for going outside.

Dogs want social approval.
>>
>>2317031
Queens don't have puppies.
they have kittens. Bitches have puppies.

OP doesn't need to pinch the dog anywhere.

And that's not actually an ideal way to potty train.

Run his ass off INSIDE and before he has realized playtime is over, pick him up, drop him outside and let him potty. Praise a shit ton, go inside and repeat.

If you play with him for 40 minutes at a time, he won't think "outside = potty" he will think "outside = play" and will try to run around for 15 minutes before he potties (super fun for midnight potty breaks in the cold...) And if he starts to catch on that as soon as he goes potty outside, he's taken back in, he's going to start holding it longer.

Teach him the yard is exclusively for potty time until he's reliably going outside.
>>
>>2316948
You need to helicopter him, don't ever punish him if he does go inside or he'll just fear going near you. Don't give him food/water whenever he wants, only set times. Bring him out every two hours, maximum.
>>
>>2322051
>t. Can't Read
Haha
>>
>>2322051
Also, fuck you, I'll call a pregnant female dog a queen if I want to and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop me.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.