[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saltwater Crocodile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

Are these things actually important to the ecology, or could we exterminate these dangerous prehistoric beasts without any adverse effects on the environment?
>>
All of them should be eradicated and their habitats used for human needs 2bh.
>>
>>2315519
>>2315520
I hope the both of you die by death roll.
>>
>>2315519
More important than you that's for sure
>>
>>2315519
I wish I could have a pet crocodilian that is 1' at maturity. Even the dwarf caiman gets big and requires a whole room in your house.
>>
>>2315519
>lol would getting rid of an apex predator affect the environment???
>>
Getting rid of ANY apex predator will have an adverse effect on the environment. Without predators to keep prey in check their population will grow exponentially. If the population of prey grows beyond the carrying capacity of the ecosystem, the whole thing could collapse.

This is ecology 101, you fucking idiot
>>
>>2315519
They are not really important in Egypt and Australia.

The types of animals they prey on don't carry any risk of over population.

If either of those countries decided to eradicate their crocodile population there would be next to zero negative environmental impact.
>>
>>2315811
>Saltwater Crocodile
>Egypt

This is how retarded you are and how little anyone on this board should trust your ecological assessment.

Nile crocodiles are not saltwater crocodiles you fucking idiot.

>I was just trolling guys!
>>
>>2315811
This is 100% accurate.

Don't listen to the retarded vegan/PETA shitters in the thread, OP.

Crocodiles are literally useless creatures that don't contribute anything useful to the environment.
>>
>>2315830
>>2315818
>>2315811
>samefagging this hard

you even use the same reddit spacing each time ffs. in my day, trolling meant something.
>>
>>2315842
>uses the reddit spacing as well

is this some next level samefagging?
>>
>>2315846
2/10 didn't even contemplate biting
>>
>>2315842
Spotted the PETA shitter.
>>
crocodiles are undisputedly the greatest reptile of all
>>
Kill em all.
>>
>>2315519

Yes. They help keep prey animal populations at acceptable levels. The only exception is Gustave, that asshole croc from Africa.
>>
>>2317320
I'm not from Australia, so sorry if this is a retarded question.

What animals do crocodiles keep under population control?
>>
>>2315519

well, I'm not from australia, but I have studied some trophic ecology in my day....top predators tend to be keystone species, so I'd say they're probably important.
>>
>>2317402

their prey items

Sooo I'm guessing fishes, and some mammals

...probably local abbo populations too
>>
>Hey guise, this thing is quite literally one of the oldest species of animal around today with very few changes evolutionarily speaking
>can we kill it because retards act retarded on its turf and get murdered?
This is you OP, this is what you sound like.
>inb4 they come onto our property
We invaded their shit first and continue to fail at understanding they have fuck all places to go.
>>2317402
Roos, wombats, the fucking wild pigs and rabbits currently shitting up the place.
>>
>>2317934
this honestly, I'm from louisiana and people not from here seem to freak out when theres a mildly large alligator in a canal or something. They dont want shit to do with you, maybe your tiny dog if you let it too close to the waters edge. Shit I swim in a river bend that I know alligators are around but always with other people and we have no problems. Just don't go in the spring when the bulls are territorial and please dont try to fuck with them it can only end badly.
>>
>>2317934
t. PETA numale cuck
>>
>>2317969
>>2315903
>>2315830
I'm just pretending to be retarded guys XD

pay attention to meeeee!
>>
>>2317969
>implying

The fuckers have been around since before the age of dinosaurs and even outlived them, all while changing very little over millions of years while holding the title of apex predator in nearly every ecosystem they inhabit. I respect them for that just as much as I respect the fact that they're only doing what they have to in order to survive (barring crazy shitters like Gustave). But by all means, keep throwing buzzwords around rather than giving a legitimate argument.
>>
>>2317985
>outlived them
>he doesn't know birds are dinosaurs
>he doesn't know crocodiles only evolved 55 mya
>he doesn't know crocodilians evolved during the cretaceous 83 mya
>>
>>2317982
>>2317985
t. PETA numale cuck
>>
>>2317985

I still don't understand why Gustave still lives. They KNOW where he is. He's not bulletproof. (hopefully)
>>
>>2317954
Alligators are harmless slow fat lizards.

Saltwater crocodiles will fuck your shit up
>>
I wish there was a separate board for cats and dogs so all the people who come here for pets and don't understand nature can just leave
>>
>>2317993
Alright, fine I'll give you that bit about their age, but you and I both know you're being a pedantic dick about the dinosaur birb thing. It doesn't take much thought to reach the conclusion that I'm referring to the big fuckers from way back when, which, yes, crocs outlived.
>>
>>2318033
how can you show off your Leet knowledge of trophic cascade without folks like OP to request it?

if we had a dedicated biology board you wouldn't visit it because there you'd be nothing special.
>>
>>2318040
>scientifically correct
>a pedantic dick
yes, I understand you're not smart enough to understand the most basic of science. And somehow I'm the dick because of it.
>>
>>2318043
>Not mentioning a single detail is an indicator of intelligence.
>trying this hard to appear mentally superior on a mandarin silk spinning forum
Maybe read the entire reply champ. The bit about me referring to the big fuckers is important seeing as crocs actually outlived them. Or are you so autistic about the matter that you'd prefer I said "outlived all dinosaurs except birds"?
>>
>>2318008
He has 4 bulletholes in him so... Not to mention he hasn't been seen by authorities since 2008.
>>
>>2318111
>The bit about me referring to the big fuckers is important
yes, that's another important error.
most non-avian dinosaurs weren't big.
>are you so autistic about the matter that you'd prefer I said "outlived all dinosaurs except birds"?
sure, then maybe you'll see what an extraordinarily banal comment it is.
>>
File: tumblr_nv017goBBI1rsxqqio1_1280.jpg (221KB, 1000x642px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv017goBBI1rsxqqio1_1280.jpg
221KB, 1000x642px
>>2318880
The wiki says they last saw him in 2015
>>
>>2318890
[citation needed]
>>
>>2315519
they have been here forever lets ask and see what their even here for hopefully they haven't forgot.
>>
>>2318041
yes I would visit because it wouldn't be dumb
>>
>>2315519
Crocodiles scare the shit out of me like nothing else
They are the perfect predator and the fact that they've survived mass extinctions and have remained unchanged for millions of years garners a little respect

They've beaten out the dinosaurs and if we don't fuck with them, might be able to beat out us
>>
>>2319003
they don't have opposable thumbs
>>
>>2315519
>i don't know how ecology works please rape my face

Millinials need to die out already
>>
>hating badass crocodiles that have remain percfect predators since the age of dinosaurs

How emasculated and pussy can you retards get? I know americans are pussies when it comes to spiders, but wanting crocs dead is a whole new level of faggotry.
>>
Seeing a lot of retarded buzzwords from crocodile apologists in here, but not a single argument in their favour.

All I'm seeing is

>le majestic creature that survived millions of years xD, better respect that LMAO

Not a single person here has even attempted to try to argue a positive the saltwater crocodile has on the ecology?

What pests do they control? Feral pigs? Kangaroos?

No.

In practical terms for humans, if these creatures were to be eradicated from existence, not a single negative effect would be had.

And no one can logically argue otherwise.

I'll not be reading any responses from typical crocodile apologist numales.
>>
>>2319103
>Control F
>"trophic"
>2 results
Your answer has already been given
>>
>>2319103
This.
>>
>>2319103
numales btfo
>>
>>2319108
>>2319109
>betafags ignoring ecological importance while unironically thinking they're winning
Tip top kek
>>
>>2319103
Why is it always the shut in, obese losers who defend cuckodiles?
>>
>>2315519
Why would you want to exterminate them tho?
>>
>>2319103
>In practical terms for humans, if these creatures were to be eradicated from existence, not a single negative effect would be had.

That argument could be used for any number of species of animal
If that's your only argument, you've lost
>>
actually it means i won, and quite convincingly
>>
What is up with those people so afraid of animals they want to exterminate them posting recently?
Is it just the same guy?
Are they so afraid to leave the house that they can only use internet to express their fears?
>>
>>2319103
In practical terms for humans, if -you- were to be eradicated from existence, not a single negative effect would be had.
>>
>>2318008

he's the garbage man for all the dead corpses from reoccurring genocides and tyrannical dictators.
>>
(702) 503-8226 call this number for free blowjobs
>>
File: 220px-Crocodylus_porosus_range.png (8KB, 220x134px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Crocodylus_porosus_range.png
8KB, 220x134px
>>2319103
1. they are living things and don't deserve to die just because you are a pussy
2. it's not about negative effects on humans. a lot of animals could be wiped out without it affecting humans.
3. they eat are large range of animals including many introduced species like buffalos and boars that would otherwise have no predators and over-graze ruining the ecosystem.

just look at how small the range is. even if you go to australia you will most likely never even see one. why are you such a pussy?
>>
>>2319268
It's a b8 troll.
>>
>>2319103
Looks like the latest reply STILL only contains buzzwords and touchy feely numale bullshit, rather than naming any negative effects on humans.

Feels good to so easily btfo of PETA numale cucks.
>>
>>2319275
Where in vegas you at
>>
>>2319103
I mean it's pretty fun to watch videos of crocodiles fucking up other animals. Thats about the only thing I can of that we'll lose
>>
File: jurassic_park_hunter.jpg (29KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
jurassic_park_hunter.jpg
29KB, 360x240px
>>2315520
>they should all be destroyed
>>
>>2319103
>What pest do they control
Humans
>>
wtf crocodiles are arguably the greatest badasses of terrestrial megafauna
>>
as young they are vital prey animals, their breeding/nesting habits leads to them inadvertently protecting the nests of other animals that specifically nest close to them, AND, as other anons have said, they are an apex predator.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.