[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which state has the worst pet laws?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1474434962745.jpg (25KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1474434962745.jpg
25KB, 400x533px
And why is it california?
>>
The following common pets are banned in cali:

>ferrets
>hedgehogs
>wolf x dog mixes
>degus
>chinchillas
>gerbils
>quaker parrots
>piranhas
>african clawed frogs
>finches
>starlings
>snails
>bufo toads (for good reason... they're an invasive in florida and breed crazy fast)
>fuckton of fish
>>
Here is the official list

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=28427&inline=true
>>
>>2311977
Chinchillas are not illegal in california.
>>
>>2311977
>>bufo toads (for good reason... they're an invasive in florida and breed crazy fast)
lol the vet told me to kill 'em or throw 'em in the trash. They're a health hazard to my dogs. My mom likes them for whatever reason, so it was great to get that greenlight. They also shit on my porch.
>>
>>2311967
I think everything is illegal in California.
>>
>>2311977
Piranhas for a good reason and a lot of the other predatory fish as well. They'll be able to survive in most parts of California and wipe out native populations. Look at Florida.
>>
Good. Only flyover freaks would ever have anything besides a dog or a cat anyway. :^)
>>
File: mynamejeff.gif (2MB, 311x362px) Image search: [Google]
mynamejeff.gif
2MB, 311x362px
>>2311967
What sheet music is that on the desk? Looks breddy gud.
>>
>>2311967
Just remember, the more pet laws, the fewer assholes are buying exotics on a whim and neglecting the things or worse: dumping them out in the wild when they get boring.
>>2312137
>throwing live vertebrates in the trash
Pretty fucked up. If you have to kill them, do it yourself god damnit.
>>
>>2314004
>Pretty fucked up. If you have to kill them, do it yourself god damnit.
Don't worry. I just removed their food sources and shelters. Made sure the grass was real low. Luckily (for them), they cleared out.
>>
Actually, Brazil has the worst laws. You can't have a parrot or a tortoise here for example because HURR NATIVE ANIMALS
>>
>>2313890
The danger piranha pose is overhyped.
>>
>>2311977
>starlings
All migratory birds are illegal to keep as pets in the entire US
>>
Why am I not surprised.

Only thing more retarded is their gun laws.
>>
>>2314134
Thats not terribly uncommon as far as laws go
Alot of states here disallow owning native species.
Fuck to legally own a gator in florida you need like 2k hours working with them to get a license
Meanwhile other states where you cant wrestle them out of any canal you can just get it sent in the mail no problems
>>
>>2313890
This is why they're illegal. People assuming they are going to survive and wreck everything without any research.

There is absolutely nowhere in california piranha can survive a winter. Florida and hawaii are their own things, pretty much everywhere else in the US gets too cold at some part of the year for the vast majority of exotic pets to survive.
>>
>>2314300
>There is absolutely nowhere in california piranha can survive a winter

> Studies suggest piranhas may be able to overwinter and persist in the waters of southern California, if introduced, as water temperatures in the region are comparable to conditions found in the southernmost areas of their native range.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Invasives/Species/Characidae
>>
>>2314297
>Alot of states here disallow owning native species.
Holy fuck, Virginia has some retarded laws. Skunks are illegal because they're "exotic", even though they're native. Similarly, there was a news story of a guy who had his house raided by a SWAT team because he was raising a faun; the faun left in a body bag.
Fuckin' feds, I swear.
>>
>>2311980
>rhinoceros

Well I'm glad you can't keep rhinos as pets in California. Nothing ruins my day more than when I go to the park and some asshole has his pet rhinoceros off leash because 'it's a nice one who gets along with others and listens well'
>>
>Florida will be a nest of super pythons and alligators in your lifetime.
>>
>>2314301
>experts suggest that these fish may have actually been pacu

This is the case for almost all "piranha" sightings outside of Florida
>>
>>2311977
>>wolf x dog mixes
That doesn't stop the people I know.
>>
>>2311977
Why ferrets? They can't survive in the wild long enough to cause any harm to the environment
>>
>>2314428
Beats being a haven for spics and old cunts
>>
>>2314733
you'd be surprised what ferrets can do, weasels man
>>
It's somewhat inaccurate to say that the animals are banned.

The law essentially has to name specific animals as okay to own, and everything else is banned by default.

Not that it isn't lazy legislation, but hey at least try to be accurate you guys.

As for Gerbils, I know they are specifically banned because we have native jerboas that were endangered last I checked, and could supposedly breed with gerbils, and nobody trusts retards to not release them into the desert should they tire of them.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.