[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alaskan Malamute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1486320869452.jpg (36KB, 780x522px) Image search: [Google]
1486320869452.jpg
36KB, 780x522px
I've been offered a 2 year old Alaskan Malamute for £150 (micro chipped and has vaccines)

I am a 6'0, 210lbs man with an active life style, I could easily tire that huge pupper out every day.

I've never owned a pupper before though, and this may not be a good idea.

What do I need to know before decoding on adopting a malamute?
Tell me everything!
>>
deciding* not decoding
>>
File: 1226127217316.jpg (47KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1226127217316.jpg
47KB, 318x318px
>>2311279
They're powerful, but also independent and stubborn. You've got to set rules and stick to them, no matter what. From the moment the dog comes home with you, it will attempt to train you to do what it wants. If you let that happen, you'll have a big, bossy, noisy, destructive animal.

However, with patience and an equal amount of stubbornness the dog will respect you, trust you and you'll have an awesome companion. You just gotta be prepared to put the work in.
>>
Get ready to brush, brush, brush. But yeah, training and exercise is mandatory, like any large breed.
>>
>>2311297
>>2311299
Thank you for the advice, and especially for being so friendly :)
Means a lot, and helps a lot!
>>
bumpu
>>
>>2311279
take it
had a Siberian husky
snow dogs = best dogs
>>
Bumpuu
>>
Nn /an/
>>
advise me!
>>
>>2311412
husky belongs to mountain life stupid fuckers
>>
>>2311279
Unless that money is going to some cause you believe in (whether it's a shelter, a breeder, a musher, welfare queen, whatever) that is quite the rip off for an adult dog. If you're happy with where you're money is going then that's fine, just know that isn't really a good deal or anything. That person isn't cutting you slack unless the dog has good confirmation to potentially win shows, assuming it's not fixed and has pedigree papers.
>>
>>2311770
Thanks for the heads up. I just looked on pet's 4homes and it was local and the cheapest.
I'd be fine with adopting from a shelter or anything like that.

Mostly interested in advice on taking care of a malamute
>>
I suggest not to have any leather furniture as pets will destroy it immediately lol. You have to be there for your dog treat it like family. Don't leave it in the car while you go shopping, make sure it has a healthy diet, grooming and exercise is important. Dogs are very protective animals so they will often bark at any strange sounds or people.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.