[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wound up taking a cat home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170204_221830645.jpg (952KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170204_221830645.jpg
952KB, 2592x1456px
Okay I'm sure you guys get this shit all the time but please bear with me, I had this little troublemaker come up to me and start rubbing up against my leg and then trying to climb up it when I left a restaurant, I didn't have the heart to just leave him out there in the cold so I've wound up bringing him home. got him some food, water, and a litter pan, all that shit.

He ate some food and drank water, so he doesn't seem to be ill, but he has a watery eye and some gunk there, and he sneezes every once in awhile, so I'm most likely gonna take him to a vet soon. But here's the thing:

I can't keep him, right now I'm actually unemployed so I can't really afford to take him to the vet, the only reason why I took him home was of the damn cold and the fact he was stuck on my leg. Would a shelter take him in? There's a local one nearby that seems to have a good reputation but I've never done this sort of thing. I know it was stupid to take a stray in but fuck this winter.

So I guess for a tl;dr: took a cat home, can't keep him, what's the process for bringing him to a shelter. Pic related is the cat
>>
Cat has a higher survival chance with you as its guardian. You never know if they will find a good family for him/her in the shelter.
Also if cat food is a bit too expensive, feed it meat from the table/kitchen. scraps etc.
>>
>>2311116
Well the other problem I have beyond the vet bills and stuff is my apartments don't allow pets unless it's like, a medical thing. I guess I better start calling people and asking around.

If I could, I'd keep him, he's a nice cat and affectionate as hell, his farts are fucking awful though
>>
>>2311116
t. Cat Hoarder
>>
>>2311114
>when is Oreos coming home mommy?
>It always comes home after it escapes, why isn't it home mommy?
this is what you've done
>>
>>2311114
>So I guess for a tl;dr: took a cat home, can't keep him, what's the process for bringing him to a shelter
Take the cat to a shelter, tell them the same shit you said here. They will take the stray and deal with it.
Nothing wrong with showing some compassion OP, and I'm sure this isn't the first time the animal shelter has dealt with this exact issue. Good luck.
>>
>>2311201
Yeah, I think you should take it back to where you found it and start asking around to see if it belongs to anyone. It's too friendly to be a feral cat.
>>
>>2311224

If it's not chipped, which the shelter will be able to read, it had shit owners anyways.

Just take it to the shelter OP
>>
Take to shelter. They will take in cat and provide necessary medical care.
>>
>>2311201
>>2311224
I'm not about to ask a bunch of people at a bunch of fast food places and shops if they've lost a cat, someone puts food out for cats near the bridge.

I've checked and it looks like the shelters are closed until tuesday, so I'll just have to keep an eye on him until then.
>>
yes take it to a shelter. As long as its still small and cute they should have no problem finding it a home.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.