[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It all started with red, and ended with red...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0017.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Today marks the possible last week for my dog, Rocko. Here's some back story to him. We purchased him from a North Las Vegas project in Nevada, he's also a pitbull. He is only a year old, but he's been acting strange and attacked my brother today, which is why we are putting him down. This hurts me emotionally as my bond with this dog was strong. As I'm typing this, tears are rolling down my cheeks. The first thing Rocko had was a red sleeping bag that he used to sleep on the way home. It was Nov. 25, 2015 when my family purchased him. He was joyful and loved to play. When summer rolled around, he couldn't handle the heat and didn't eat often due to the pigeons stealing his food. He spent most of his time inside, which meant it was staying with he as everyone else was working during summer break. Every time I would get home it would be saying hello to him and meeting him inside. Fast forward to now, he snip my brother's lip over him taking his bone. Now I wait till next weekend for my dog to be put down. I don't know what to do for his final day. Any ideas would be great. His life with my family started off with a red sleeping bag and it's going to end over the blood dripping from my brother's lip.
>>
>>2311065
>due to the pigeons stealing his food
what?

but i feel sorry for your dog and you

>he snip my brother's lip over him taking his bone.
that'd no reason to put him down, if you know he's protective over his food, why would you take it?
>>
Sorry it was a rough draft. My dog didn't eat due to the heat in the summer plus pigeons stole his food when he would rest. Plus he attacked my brother due to him taking away his bone when he started randomly growling at me when I was laying down on my bed.
>>
>>2311068

That doesn't clarify anything. Why are there pigeons in your house? Or why are you feeding your dog outside? And why are you putting your dog down because he's possessive over bones? Did your parents put you down the first time they identified you had a character flaw?
>>
The pegions were outside with him during the summer. When he would sleep outside, the pegions ate his food, which led to him coming inside, so I spent a lot of time with him. I should've also told you he was already attacking weird. He started to growl at one of my sister's friends who he already met and she comes all the time. Before he attacked my brother, he was licking himself his face and right as he was backing away from him to give back his bone he snapped at him and bit his lip. My brother had to shave his beard real quick to clean out the cut from inside and outside of his lip. Anyways, in my state, pit bulls aren't really allowed. Plus, since he's attackibg that way, if he attacks anyone then my parents can go to jail due to it. All I wanted was some ideas for his last day.
>>
Plus, he tried to act like that with my father, but he learned not to act like that. He hadn't act possessive for a few months now.
>>
OP, you don't need to euthanize your dog because he has some resource guarding issues. It's a completely treatable behavioral problem, and even if not, it's easily managed.
There are so many resources to show you how to fix resource guarding. Here is a simple video to give you a general idea of what to do to fix resource guarding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnBPlub1Jgs

The key is to teach him that hands near his bones/food/etc. are a good thing and NOT a threat. If he's particularly nervous about his bone, a good way to start is to just walk by, drop high value treats to him while he's chewing, then walk away. He should start to associate your approach and your hands near him with getting good things, and become comfortable with it. Also useful is to teach him "drop it" using high value treats as a reward, then giving back the bone afterwards so he doesn't feel like every time you tell him to drop something, you will take it away (this is a later stage of things, don't try this first if he's really bad right now.)

>He started to growl at one of my sister's friends who he already met and she comes all the time
That's not a big deal. She still isn't part of his family and so maybe he just doesn't like her/isn't comfortable? If so, she can just leave the dog alone.

>Before he attacked my brother, he was licking himself his face
Not weird. Dogs licking like this can be a sign of stress. Learn some dog body language.

Please don't kill your dog because he has some simple, easy to fix behavior problems. Do your research, take the time to counter-condition him, and give that dog a full and happy life!
>>
They decided to keep him after all.
>>
One more thing to ask everyone. What would you do if your dog attacked your child and pierced through right under his lip ( Straught through skin/ can see inside of mouth)
>>
>>2311090
Depends on why the dog bit the child.

Odds are, the kid was doing something stupid and it was the kid's fault the dog bit him.

I would give the kid more stern education on how to act around dogs, and I would no longer allow the kid to interact with the dog without supervision.

Even if it wasn't the kid's "fault," dogs generally bite for a reason. I'd find out what that reason was, attempt to fix the problem, and employ proper management to make sure it doesn't happen again.
>>
>>2311094
I wouldn't necessarily say it's the kid's fault for the same reason I wouldn't blame the dog. Kid didn't know any better. If you own any Fucking pet you need to teach your kid how and how not to behave around it, and if your kid is too young to understand or you raised too much of an asshole to listen, then you need to seperate them whenever they are not being supervised. This is not rocket science, it's not a difficult task. So why can't people fucking do it?

t. Someone with 3 kids all under 4 and two large dogs
>>
>>2311101
I'm the one you replied to and I completely agree. By the "kid's fault" I simply meant that it's not the dog's fault for reacting to something a kid did that was wrong or threatening in some way.

But yeah, kids don't automatically know any better either, so it's on us to teach them how to act around dogs and how to treat them with respect. I don't have any kids myself (and don't intend to have any) but I see everyone around me that has kids not teaching their kids how to behave around animals, and just letting them do stupid shit like whack dogs in the face and stick their face in the dog's face, pull their tails, etc. It infuriates me to no end. And these people wonder why their kids get nipped.
>>
>>2311065
So, let me get this straight:
>get young pitbull, a breed known for randomly getting aggressive at people
>never train him so he can be better
>gets to dog adolescence
>acts iffy and aggressively, probably fueled by the mentioned factors
>don't work with the dog at all to at least minimize this behavior
>decide to euthanize a young, uneducated dog for being young and uneducated
Additionally:
>let dog sleep outside
>let dog eat outside
>let pigeons eat the dog's food
>it is implied that the dog wasn't fed inside when this happened, at least in summer

Next time you should try owning a rat or a hamster.
>>
>>2311144
>Next time you should try owning a rat or a hamster.
why, those are animals that are less intuitive to care for.
>>
>>2311145
At least those live less than a dog
>>
>>2311065
If he's not dead yet I would try to work with him.

My cousin a year ago adopted a dog (pitbull), and it was literally psychotic. She had it go through all this expensive training;sent it to doggy training camp (alone $1,000+), took it to behaviorist trainers, trained it herself, ensured he was socialized well (walks all the time, friends over all the time, doggy daycare, etc.). She fed it high quality food, and was very kind to it.
Sadly it had attacked to many people. I know of 3 attacks but there was probably more. One attacked it ripped out her friend's hair because apparently the friend showed fear, attacked a little girl in the face at a dog park (bc apparently she was eye level and that was enough reason for him to bite her in the face), and lastly another person while she was walking, an young exchange student- also in her face.

Towards the end of its short life she even tried giving it certain medications from her vet, but it was crazy. It would respond to stimuli that wasn't there and I think was way to over protective.

Anyway, your parents should give him a chance. Try other options before ending his life.
>>
>>2311148
they live much longer than OP's dog is going to
>>
>>2311149
>there is nothing on earth that can be done to fix one of these bad dogs
>Anyway, your parents should give him a chance.
WHY
>>
>>2311151
Her dog had literally something mentally wrong with it. It would bark and chase things that wasn't there.
I've seen well behaved pitbulls before due to good owners who trained it, socialized it well, took general good care of it, etc.

Sometimes though, and especially its missed in puppyhood, dogs (like humans) have mental problems. A pitbull with a mental problems is super dangerous.

OP's obviously not taking care of his dog at all. I would guess any breed would have attacked the same way. If they train him and took better care of him now, he might not attack another person again
>>
OP should be advised that this could happen again on a much greater scale when he reaches adulthood with even worse results, possibly death.
Pit bulls require the perfect owner. Perfect people don't exist.
Sounds like he already has mental issues. I have had animals with PTSD that never fully got over their crazy (this was a cat that would flip out and try and kill me and other cats, can't imagine if it was a dog.)
I would never ever allow children around a pit bull. Also, just take better care of your dog, OP.
>>
>>2311090
/an/ would feed their children to their dogs if they had to
>>
>>2311070
>The pegions were outside with him during the summer. When he would sleep outside, the pegions ate his food
what?
>>
>pigeons stealing his food

lol fag you're not supposed to leave food on the bowl for him
dogs must have a feeding time, food stays in the bowl for 20 minutes and comes out regardless if he has eaten or not

you sound like you didn't train your dog at all, so I can't feel sorry for you fucking casuals
also why buy a fucking pit bull, a fighting dog, to have as a family dog. that's like wanting a siberian husky to be a lapdog for an old lady.

kill yourself alongside with the dog and rid humanity of your stupidity
>>
I was bit by my dog over a bone too. it was teriyaki flavored. my dog was a Jack Russel though. he was a "runt" but in this particular bloodline, the runt ended up fuck huge.

either way, got my finger fucked up good cause I pet him while he was at his bone. went to the hospital, they glued it shut. obviously the aspca game because it has to be reported. dog was so fucking happy to see a stranger that he excitedly voided his bladder all over the guy. the aspca rep loved him. though the was clearly fine.

food agression is a thing. we managed to train it out of our dog by making sure we frequently gave him edible treats. we trained him to be used to us feeding him by hand so he would recognize that food we give and only certain toys we take(for fetch and tug of war)

there's no reason to have your dog put down. just work with him. and get him up on his shots and fixed, it will do a world of good.
>>
Fuck OP and his family. They didn't train him and they're putting him down. They will just get another dog and not train it, so when that bites someone or 'acts weird' aka not being the perfect, spilting image they romantize how dogs should naturally be without any effort put into them, they will just put that dog down too.

You and your family are shot owners and shouldn't have a dog, period.
>>
OP seemed to care for his dog enough but should have done something about the evidently poor care of the dog. If you can't help this dog from being put down and intend to own one in the future, maybe try a different breed and care for your dog correctly, I don't fully blame OP for this situation but his family seem to be poor owners.
I feel for you OP but if its unavoidable. Spend your last day with your dog and enjoy yourself, don't leave yourself with a shitty taste in your mouth.
>>
What third world shithole does this douche live in? Fucking pigeons eating your dog's food is a real issue? Literally laughing my fucking ass off.
>>
>>2311065
That's why I whoop the resource guarding right out of my dogs from the time they're puppies.
Say what you will, but even at their most aggressive and vulnerable (dying) they were still gentle and would never so much as bare their teeth to my family or me.
>>
File: 1468397945944s.jpg (4KB, 124x102px) Image search: [Google]
1468397945944s.jpg
4KB, 124x102px
>>2311065

One less shitbull can only be a good thing.

Next time don't get a nigger-tier dog and fucking TRAIN it properly you spineless responsibility-dodging double-nigger!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.