[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1400.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1400.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
What was his fucking problem?
>>
He Mad
>>
>>2310213

He was being treated in a vet clinic for an injury iirc. A cat who's uncomfortable and in a strange environment acting like a hell beast is common. Most places have a set of two of heavy gloves for handling the worst ones because of that. Doesn't help calm them down any, but it's necessary.

At home, he's probably a perfectly happy, normal cat.
>>
>>2310213
If your name was cheeseburger, you'd scream too.
>>
>>2310264
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
My cat was like that too the two times he had to be put under and stay the night. I'm the only one who can approach him since he will get calm for me. In fact, as soon as he sees me he becomes his sweet, snuggly self again and clings to me for comfort. Outside of those two instances he has never been like that.

The cat was probably scared, confused, and in pain. If you were in pain and where suddenly dropped off at some strange place where people you couldn't communicate with kept prodding where it hurt and doing other weird stuff to you you'd probably be feeling the same. Inpatient facilities have the same problems with people sometimes for this reason.
>>
some animals don't like the vet and get very nervous. they're afraid of being hurt, it smells like chemicals and lots of other animals, owner might be worried and animal picks up on the mood.

my dog is fine at the vet because she always gets lots of treats there, but some animals are so nervous they won't even take treats from their owner.
>>
Imagine you tore a hole in your dick and suddenly a beam of light shoots out of the sky and you're transported instantly to a chamber made of emeralds. You're naked and a giant sentient blob rolls in and sprays you with weird stinking fluid (it's how they communicate) and then more blobs come in and spray and poke at your dick and hold a weird device near you that looks like a ray gun. You might be worried. Even if they fix your dick and drop you off later you won't know in the moment if they will absorb you.
>>
>>2310298
>an average Friday night in San Francisco
>>
>>2310223
How do they handle stressed out dogs that get violent and bitey?
>>
>>2310277
>mfw I intended to give my dogs treats at the vet to dodge this but everytime we went, the vet was ahead on his schedule or we were his first appointment, so it never happened, and my dog is scared at the vet, and of the vet himself.
Goddamnit.
>>
>>2310213
He has no ears.
>>
>>2310270
>>
File: acesmuzzle.jpg (18KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
acesmuzzle.jpg
18KB, 500x354px
>>2310386

The dog would be muzzled with one of these, essentially put into a headlock, while 1-4 staffers use their body weight to keep it still. Again not pleasant for anyone involved, but the job gets done.

Honestly, though, dogs are almost always far better at the vet. Almost every one you'll meet has had some level of 'don't bite/fight humans' hammered into them since they were very small. Even if they don't like what you're doing, and they generally don't, it's rare that one will flip out like cats will.
>>
>>2310411
I don't know, I absolutely trust my dog not to hurt me on purpose ever, but at the vet, she snarls at the guy, looks quite stressed/scared and always trying to get away from him or find a hiding place. I wouldn't be surprised if, without a muzzle, she'd bite upon waking up in there.
Would probably be better if such a thing was put on her before she wakes up/sleeps.
>>
File: gauzeMuzzle___Content.jpg (22KB, 316x270px) Image search: [Google]
gauzeMuzzle___Content.jpg
22KB, 316x270px
>>2310411

Also an option are gauze muzzles.

I should add these are incredibly short-term options, since the dog can't pant and could over-heat. If a dog was that bad, and the procedure would take more than a few minutes, it'd have to be at least mildly sedated instead.
>>
File: baskerville-ultra-dog-muzzle.jpg (51KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
baskerville-ultra-dog-muzzle.jpg
51KB, 800x800px
>>2310414

Get a basket muzzle. They can pant, eat, and drink with these on so there's no risk or rush to take them off.

Your dog will be much calmer with you attaching it (especially if you train them to associate it with treats), and vets LOVE owners who muzzle their own potentially dangerous dog.
>>
>>2310213
You're the fucking problem.
>>
>>2310386
What we do is have a strong person pole the dog and shove their face into the floor in a corner. Then we sacrifice a vet tech to get in there with a strong sedative to poke in the dog's butt and leave until it's out cold. That's for dogs that we aren't able to handle at all. If the dog is extremely dangerous, we pole the dog through a door so the dog and sacraficed vet tech is in the room alone. One person poles the dog towards the door, another person holds the door as closed as possible, the tech pokes the butt and runs out the door that leads outside.

Aggressive small dogs are the worst because we can't effectively pole them, we have to use the snazzy snare. If you can manage to put a happy hat on a dog, it's not that aggressive.
>>
>>2310414
Seconding basket muzzle, train your dog to like it. Use it on walks, put peanut butter on the bars to make it a game, just make it an enjoyable tool like a leash is. Basket muzzle is also the easiest to train.
>>
>>2310420
I don't gotta muzzle my dog at the vet unless someone else is picking up his feet. Then I ask for a muzzle as a precautionary measure, and as soon as we're done handling feet it comes back off.

Everything else, he can tolerate. Injections. Temperature takings. The vet getting up close and personal to take his heart rate and pulses.

Feet? Hell no. Muzzle comes out. I could bring my own rather than borrowing the vet's, but the Nylon ones they got at the vet are going to hurt a lot less than his metal cage muzzle if he whacks you in the face with it.
>>
>>2310270
Oh, Burger..
>>
>>2310213
Existential angst
>>
what was his name again?
>>
>>2310420
You're a big dog
>>
>>2311388

ArtisanWhooper
>>
>>2310272
Basically if i got abducted by aliens i'd probably hiss and spit.
>>
File: IMG_8327.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8327.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>2311482
4u
>>
>>2310213
>>2310223

I worked part-time at a vet's for awhile.

This was 50% of the cats that came in and 1% of the dogs.
>>
>>2311482
>>2311567
nice
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.