[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Basset Hounds in general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: basset hounds.jpg (66KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
basset hounds.jpg
66KB, 640x465px
Thoughts on Basset Hounds in general?
>>
They are squishy, lazy, goofy looking fuckers.

They are super awesome if you want a dog who just likes to chill and want pets though.

Better have a fenced yard if you have one though because they want to hunt shit pretty badly. Hell, the only dog in the whole of the doggo world with a better sense of smell is the bloodhound.

Every purebreed was made for a purpose. The purpose of the Basset was a dog that could hunt rabbits and foxes and shit but moved slow enough for hunters to walk and still keep up with them.
>>
>>2310129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG4CEr2aiSg
>>
>>2310129
They're absolutely retarded. If you gave me a choice between killing one with my bare hands and owning one, I'd choose the former. They do what they're bred to: Chase things and scream aimlessly. They're difficult to train, like most hounds are. Interacting with them pains me. They're bred horrifically and inhumanely and I consider buying them from breeders as bad as giving puppy mills money. In short: ugly, unhealthy, unintelligent, and unethical. That being said: if you like lazy, slow, ugly dogs and don't really care how well they're trained, go right ahead and rescue one.
>>
>>2310136
aww :3
>>
>>2310129
Very very unhealthy when getting anything besides a working Bassett. Ears are too long and cause infections. Wrinkles to exaggerated and cause irritation and infection. Legs are too short for their bulky body. Eyes are too droopy and get infected and irritated easily, prone to cherry eye. Legs are often splayed resulting in mobility issues and early arthritis. And that's just structural issues.

Working dogs are no where near as lazy as their non working counterparts. Unfortunately, that's usually the main hook for the breed, the fact that they are lazy. A working bassett ideally would have a job to do, like flushing or scent work.

They are stubborn and easily distracted, which makes them hard to train. I can't in good faith say they're dumb because I've successfully trained Bassetts before, but I can see how novice trainers would have issues. They are known for being the hardest breed to train. They are controlled by their nose and food. If untrained, they can be loud and annoying, but a happy dog is a tired dog and a tired dog is a quiet dog.
>>
They're pretty cute, not a fan of small dogs though
>>
>>2310129
ugly as fuck
>>
>>2310129
infinite folds
the creators of string theory
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.