[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I keep kids out of my yard? I have told them twice now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: tmp_10531-b01-69897081.jpg (56KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10531-b01-69897081.jpg
56KB, 722x349px
How do I keep kids out of my yard? I have told them twice now that staying out is for their safety. There are "no trespassing" signs and "beware of dog" signs. My two dogs are not aggressive at all except playfully so and haven't injured anyone but who knows. Now, the kids want to let their puppy play with my dogs and one of them jumped my fence and came up to the door. While my dogs were outside. I have talked to their parents and told them they can't do it (once their mother walked through the shut gate despite signs and, well, a shut gate) and it isn't working.

I'm getting annoyed because I don't want anything to happen to my dogs.
>>
Tell them you're a registered sex offender.
>>
>>2309819

I've seen The Hunt and I would rather not.
>>
File: 1475994959133.png (55KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475994959133.png
55KB, 554x400px
>>2309817
record the trespassing and sue their parents
>>
>>2309825

I would prefer to not make enemies of my neighbors. That could be just as bad for the dogs.
>>
>>2309830
Gather tons of stickers and spread
>>
>>2309830
Call the cops on the kids. No really. Your options are:
>Call cops, remove kids, parents hate you
>Don't call cops, one day dogs maim the kids trying to play with them, parents hate you and you lose your dogs

At least with the first option, you could salvage the relationship at some point if they're reasonable people. If they aren't, then why are you trying? The second option could cost you your dogs.
>>
How tall is the fence? If you live in an HOA you could ask permission to make it taller or install coyote rollers on top of it so it's unclimbable. Get a good lock for the fence gate.
>>
>>2309817
Sunbathe naked
>>
File: holly-plant.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
holly-plant.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
plant holly around perimeter
>>
Throw ice cubes at the kids until they leave, deny it in front of the parents if you want
>>
File: 987.jpg (237KB, 2292x1525px) Image search: [Google]
987.jpg
237KB, 2292x1525px
>>
>>2309817

Are they super social/friendly neighbors?

Or are they we let our fucking kids do whatever the fuck they want and so do we kind of neighbors?

Either way they seem shitty. As one mentioned get a good gate lock and see about climb proofing your fence.
>>
call the cops
>>
What's so appealing about your yard?
>>
If I call the cops there might be retribution. The parents are friendly enough but they let their kids smack their dog around so I am not a fan. I would really rather not call the cops because I don't want anyone to get shitty.

I don't live in a HOA and the fence is chain link and all around. I would have to build another fence completely to raise it. I thought about a wooden fence but they are horribly expensive and at the height required would make my house look more like a motte and bailey. I live next to other houses and don't really know if I want to make a wooden fortress.

A lock won't work because they climb over the fence.

Holly won't work because I would have to plant it along the outer perimeter of an acre of fenced in land.
>>
>>2309853
If you want those kids out of your yard and to leave your dogs alone then it seems your only option is to call the cops.

Look, the kids are shitfuckers and they aren't going to stop of their own accord. You've already talked to the parents and they haven't stopped. Talk to the parents again. Explain that you don't want to cause trouble, but the kids aren't listening and you can't stop them from getting in your yard and you don't want your dogs to hurt anyone because of the kids' shitty behavior. Tell them next time the kids are in your yard, you call the cops. Then if the kids end up in your yard again, call the cops.

This isn't an attractive nuisance case--you don't have anything that's inherently attractive to kids and you've taken the steps to make sure they stay off your property. Tell the cops you've talked to the kids and parents multiple times and they are still trespassing. Then you will have a documented paper trail so that if the kids end up in your fucking yard AGAIN, and the dogs bite your kids, a judge is more likely to be lenient and tell the parents to fuck off when they sue. It's your property. You have a right to it.

These are the type of people who will prey on your reluctance to make waves. Make some waves and wash these fucks off your property.
>>
>>2309860
>Then you will have a documented paper trail so that if the kids end up in your fucking yard AGAIN, and the dogs bite your kids, a judge is more likely to be lenient and tell the parents to fuck off when they sue.

This seems like very good advice.
>>
>>2309830
install a taller fence with a locked gate
>>
>>2309860
>>
>>2309860

I reckon if it happens one more time I will get the cops involved. I really hate it, but the paper trail idea does seem the best.

Now that I have realized the silliness of a fortress around my property I have begun to want it. Eight foot high wooden walls around my two story with two wooden doors just as big. I'd never have to see my neighbors again.
>>
>>2309817
Record their trespassing and call the police. Stop them real quick and probably keep your animals safer.
>>
>>2309817
Water hose those little cunts
>>
Razor or barbed wire on top of your fence. Had a crazy neighbor who had a brick wall and he did that and glued crushed and broken bottles on top of it.
>>
>>2309918
Most cities do not allow razor wire in residential areas.
>>
>>2309918
what 3rd world shit hole do you live in?
>>
>>2309921
It was just my crazy neighbor. That was a higher middle class neighborhood, even. He was just a nut who eventually went to prison for some shit about taxes and illegal dumping.
>>
Cant you shoot at them for being on your property?
>>
>>2309850
the kids probably want to suck those sweet dog dicks. They look like popsicles.
>>
How old are the kids? Go full scooby doo mode and dress up like a monster and scare the shit out of them, especially if this happens at night ever
>>
>>2309853
>at the height required would make my house look more like a motte and bailey
Which would be awesome, admit it.
>>
>>2309830
Explain to your neighbors that it's not safe for the kids to be in with the dogs. If they don't take that seriously, tell them your dogs have a bite history. After that don't leave your dog outside unattended because people will try to kill them anyway.
>>
>>2309817

Use these
>>
>>2309817
Live in the US? Check your local laws and walk around your property open carrying. Do not mention the weapon. Do not touch the weapon. Do not use the weapon. Be kind and polite, but firm. Reiterate everything you've said, but with a holster in plain view.

They'll get the picture.
>>
You browse 4chan. Look up local state laws and find a way

>HEY KIDS, WANT SOME FREE CANDY!?!??!?!?!?!
>hurl bowl of dog turds in the street as it explodes
>run backwards inside crying
>>
File: 220px-Razor_Wire_Bunch.jpg (12KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Razor_Wire_Bunch.jpg
12KB, 220x165px
>>
>>2309819
To be honest OP, this would probably fix your problem immediately
>>
You know those squirrel catapults some people make?
Yeah make one of those.
Make it kid sized.
>>
>>2309817
Is it the kids that are in danger or the kids' puppy? Because if it's the latter, I'd just call the police for trsoassing. If the kids wanted to see them, just keep the dog under control and maybe give them an assigned visit time for visiting the dog.
>>
>>2309817
Call the ATF and tell them your neighbors have an unregistered SBR then watch as their dogs magically disappear.

That aught'a keep the kids preoccupied for a while.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.