[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/ my dog died at the vets today (she got sick and heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Snapchat-3002054231534391011[1].jpg (257KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3002054231534391011[1].jpg
257KB, 1080x1776px
Hey /an/ my dog died at the vets today (she got sick and heart gave out she was old) and I said my goodbyes sort of yesterday when they took her away just incase. I can go tomorrow and say bye to the body but I'm not sure if I should.

Sorry I know its a dumb question what do you guys think?
>>
>>2309297
Why dont bury her at your yard or something?

Also sorry to hear that anon but at least she died of old age.
>>
>>2309301
she is getting cremated, cant bury dogs here
>>
>>2309303
Shit that sucks, i guess you should say goodbye if it isnt too hard for you.

If you plan to have a memento from her why not a fang?
>>
>>2309306
We are going to be getting the ashes, I dont really want to break bits of her off lol
>>
>>2309297
There is the psychological thing where seeing the dead body helps comprehending death and aid in the grief. Might be good.
>>
>>2309317
ok thanks
>>
>>2309317
I don't know about all that.
At least with people I don't believe it's a good idea. Everyone I know who has passed whenever I try to remember them I always go back to what they looked like laying in that casket. Which as we all know is never very flattering.
Closed casket funerals I never have this issue of course. The whole funeral process is enough closure to comprehend that someone is gone IMHO, I don't see how the visual of a dead, lifeless body adds anything more.
Again, just my opinion. Sorry for your loss OP.
>>
I guess I feel shitty for not being there when she died. They were going to call me to put her down but she died before they did.

I was patting (I'm pretty sure, maybe I was staring at a picture? was in there for a while fuck) her on the vet table she was sick as fuck then they came and took her to a room and told me to call later
>>
>>2309331
Well OP you feel that way now. The pain of losing your pet is very real and it will be with you for a little while.
As the days go by you will find yourself thinking less and less about her final days and the pain you're feeling. You will eventually come to regard your pet with warm memories from all the happy times you shared. Unfortunately you just can't get there overnight, there needs to be an adjustment period.
Don't stress too much about what you should have done, or what if.
Again, sorry for your loss OP, it will get easier with time.
>>
>>2309331
You will be fine.

I wasnt there when my two dogs (Both female) died and couldnt even be there for the burial. Plus they died unnaturally but time does help.
>>
>>2309339
>>2309351
Thanks guys
>>
>>2309325
Yeah, it's different for everyone. I personally prefer to see the body to get it over with but boy did I hate seeing my grandmother with layers of bad makeup. A friend who was killed in a car accident, saw him at the ER and his wide eyed expression was haunting.

For pets I'd def go see them before they were euthanized unless they were suffering, then I'd just want the vet to end it for their sake.
>>
I just came back from the vet. We had to put one of our dogs to sleep due to cancer and old age. Our other dog has been freaking out since we came back without his buddy.

I thought i hated that dog but i havent been able to stop crying since.

Im sorry for your loss, OP.
>>
>>2309476
OP here we had another dog from another owner for few years and she passed she was young just a sick dog

Our old dog who just passed was completely lost without her, always looking for her and stuff it broke my heart
>>
>>2309297
Don't worry, op, the void eventually numbs over and you'll carve out another spot for a new pubber.
I know, I've been there.
>>
I just lost two pitbulls within three months. The first one in October was I think she was 13 so she was showing her age. She started panting and coughing alot, then she wouldn't move or lie down or eat. It was discovered she had cancer in her lungs, and we had to put her down within a few days because how bad it had gotten. Pretty sad because she was excited to be to be out of the house only to be put to sleep.

And then there were two.

The 2nd dog was about to be 7, we had him since he was born from the other pitbull we still have. About two weeks ago he started to not really eat, get sick and lie down for the rest of the night, assumed it was just normal sickness. He acted fine during the day but at night he becomes weak, he wouldn't even get up to greet our neighbor in excitement like he always does. His legs started to give out over night so we took him to the vet the next day.
He had a tumor in him that was pushing against his colon and intestine. On top of that his blood was not clotting normally and his heart had shown it was swollen on the left side with blood, it was believe to be heart disease and he would have to be put on medicine for the rest of his life. We kept him there over the weekend because he was only going to get worse. They sucked out the bad blood and he was better being able to walk on his own, but after a ultrasound it turned out to be another tumor on his heart and also his liver. He pretty much crashed the next day because the blood kept filling up in his heart and was going to his brain, so he had to be put to sleep.

I kinda have to remind myself that's he's gone because it just seems so unreal after already losing one dog then him at such a young age.
>>
>>2309534
Would you have rather known it was going to happen?
A very good friend of mine is coming to terms with the fact that his thirteen year old bulldog has cancer. The diagnosis was in October and the dog still acts fine, but his days are numbered. Sure it's good they get the adjustment period, and I'm sure once the dog starts to suffer they will be prepared to make hard choices, but damn it's hard not to pity his stubborn ass.
>>
>>2309325
My cat died while I was away as well, when they called me I asked them to hold the body until I got back, it was just going to be a day.

When I'd gotten home. I knew I wanted to see him again. But I wanted to see him how I remembered him when I said good bye a few days before. I knew he wouldn't be like that though, and I knew I wasn't going to be able to handle seeing him lying there, limp and not reacting to me at all.

Instead the last time I saw him was when I was leaving, while he was on my bed purring into my face.
>>
>>2309542
Well with the first one age has already caught up with her, though she was still very energetic. It seemed natural the way she went, though felt a little too soon.
Hard to say with the second dog, you don't (want to) think of anything else bad happening, especially at his age.
>>
>>2309297
When my uncle died and we went to the funeral, I saw the dead face and when I think back that is the only memory that I can see.
A year ago my dog died. I did not see her body. When I think about her, it is as if she is still alive in a way. For me it was the best way.
So I choose not to look at the dead, it works better for me
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.