[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Betta fish + LSD = ???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: betta_splendins.jpg (35KB, 673x475px) Image search: [Google]
betta_splendins.jpg
35KB, 673x475px
I need your opinion /an/. Assuming I was able to get the correct dosage, like maybe 100-400 times smaller than a human dose, do you think I could give LSD to a betta fish?
I was think dissolve some in a solution so each drop contained 0.25-1 micrograms of LSD , then putting a drop on a flake or food pellet.
I'm sure it would have some kind of effect since fish utilize serotonin and dopamine and would therefore be affected by LSD.
What are your thoughts on this? This experiment would be for science purposes only.
>>
>>2307734
>science
That is not how it works.
>>
>>2307734
Why tha fuck would you want to ?
Now bare in mind I'm not bitching, it just seams like a terrible waste of LSD.
>>
>>2307734
This is a retarded idea on every single level.
>>
>>2307734
They use serotonin completely differently from us. I'm not even sure if betta fish have 5ht2a receptors even remotely similar to ours. You are going to kill your fish.

So livestream it dickhead.
>>
>>2307795
Says who??
>>
>>2307734
Drugs don't always invoke the same reaction from species to species. For example, valium for cats doesn't do anything but make them very hungry for a few minutes. Valium is used as an appetite stimulant in cats but for people it's a sedative. Very difficult reactions.

Before you waste money and kill a fish I'd do a lot more research on the fish brain and it's reactions. Just like with the cats, just because they have the part in their brain doesn't mean they will react the same to it.

There is a species of fish, or a few species, that are often used in testing because they are more similar to humans than other fish. I want to say it's danios but I really don't know. I'd suggest after more research, trying it first on one of those species before moving to bettas. They are also much cheaper and hardier.
>>
>>2308049
That's some pretty good info. I'm not Op, but thanks.
>>
I don't fucking know what that'll achieve, I'm no scientist.

Son, I just have to ask you why?
>>
There was an experiment giving cats LSD and that was actually hilarious, instead of wasting acid on a fish give it to a cat, OP
>>
>>2309020
another scientist gave his dolphins LSD to try and telepathically communicate with them.

still don't see why you would do this to a fish though
>>
I would like to help you with this experiment. I have a betta fish too. Just send me a vial of LSD and I'll let you know the results when I'm done.
>>
>>2308049
Huh. I just looked at my cat's appetite stimulant and apparently it's an anti-depressant for humans.
>>
>>2308049
So if I tell the vets my cat isn't eating will they give me valium?
>>
>>2310667
No, medicating based on the opinions of 4chan is not a good idea.
>>
>>2310667
It's a controlled substance so chances are they will only give you a single dose for the time being (our clinic gives the dose to the cat right there) and then actual medicine for whatever is going on. Not eating is a symptom of something else so just fixing the eating alone won't actually help in the long run. Note that the vet will pull out the best food they have to see if the cat will eat, and if it does, they won't give you anything but a bill.

>>2310547
Chemistry is a hell of a drug
>>
Betta fishes are very smart, maybe he could like a psychedelic experience. I would say just let one drop go in the water, it should be as much a microdose as possible. I used to blow smoke of weed on the surface and he would become very calm.
>>
>>2310696
The ignorance in this post is astounding
>>
>>2310696
>weedfags
>>
>>2307734
Do it fucker
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.