[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best brushes for shedding? i have a border collie x lab cross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 71_BQl6ZzzL._SL1500_.jpg (69KB, 1500x968px) Image search: [Google]
71_BQl6ZzzL._SL1500_.jpg
69KB, 1500x968px
best brushes for shedding? i have a border collie x lab cross and i need help deshedding her. should i get a shedding blade (pic related) a furminator or what?
>>
>>2307069
An undercoat rake. Not a furminator.
>>
>>2307086
I have one but it doesn't pull out much fur when I use it.
>>
I use a deshedding blade on my golden retriever and it is amazing. He doesn't shed much but it's crazy how much hair is hiding in his undercoat
>>
You need something that will get the undercoat out. The device in the picture won't get down to the skin. An undercoat rake will work the best, followed by a slicker brush to get the rest.
>>
>>2307069
Personally I just shoot my cats or dogs when they start shedding.
>>
I use a furminator and it works great, come at me

As long as you pay attention to your pet and don't overuse it, there is literally nothing wrong with furminators.
>>
>>2307069
That looks like something you could decapitate your dog with.
>>
>>2307247
If that happens then you are definitely brushing your dog wrong.
>>
My lab lives inside so I just get him shaved down every few months. Makes a big difference.
>>
>>2307244
Furminator cuts live hairs too.
>>
>>2307284
Doesn't his coat grow back kind of fucked up from being shaved?
>>
>>2307285
I get live hairs on my own head cut regularly. Also that's much less of a problem if you use a slicker brush and flea comb beforehand, and I haven't found anything else that actually desheds better than a Furminator.
>>
>>2307438
Not that's I've noticed. It's mostly all grown back now since I last buzzed him. Just as fuzzy as ever.
>>
>>2307438
I should add that this is supposedly true of some specific breeds, but my dog's a mutt of unknown origin. I call him a lab because he sorta looks it, but his tail's all wrong and he's almost got a mane like a lion when his hair's grown out.
>>
How do I tell when to stop brushing? I brush my dog some and usually just bring her to the groomers once a month or two. She is very fluffy but when it comes to her undercoat I don't know what still needs to be brushed or its just the thickness of the undercoat especially since she still has her winter coat. I don't brush her bald obviously but I can spend more than an hour just on her side and get enough fur to build another dog.
>>
>>2307847
Seconding this
>>
File: Roomba560Reviews.jpg (38KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
Roomba560Reviews.jpg
38KB, 1500x900px
>>
>>2307069
that thing looks like a medieval torture device
>>
>>2307847
>>2309051
Bumping because we two idiots need advice.

Is there also a specific way to brush out light mats? My dog rolls like nuts in dirt so the fur above and around the base of her tail gets lightly matted easily. Not enough that it can't be brushed out but I usually start with the top of it, gently brushing the fur loose until it's out. I do this in general with brushing her, starting from the top then part her fur to get the bottom but I'm basing that off experience of human hair. Was easier to brush at the ends then work your way to the base.
>>
that looks like it would be painful
>>
File: W6166____NCL00.jpg (308KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
W6166____NCL00.jpg
308KB, 1100x1100px
This right here.

Gets the undercoat and the teeth are wide enough that you can take care of any natted fur.

Teeth aren't super sharp so you can dig in when you need to, and when you aren't digging in you can increase the angle of inclination so the tips aren't even hitting skin.

For quickies, use a zoom groom from Kong.

For folks worried about over brushing - yeah, it's definitely a thing. Keep the harder brushing to once a week at max. Zoom groom you can use whenever you want, just wash it every so often or it can get too oily, but a little bit of oil is a good thing if it's used on the same dog.

Good food (I like taste of the wild buffalo) keeps dogs healthier - but even the healthiest dog in the world is going to drop fur everywhere, and long haired working dogs like Aussies and Huskies are straight up fur factories.

Go with pic (evolution) and a zoom groom.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.