[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animals that you wish existed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 15

File: hybrid.jpg (27KB, 605x391px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid.jpg
27KB, 605x391px
>Tiny crocodiles around the size of a green anole
This is a pretty selfish reason, but I've always wanted a small crocodilian as a terrarium pet. It'd be nice to have a tropical semi-aquatic tank and watch a miniature crocodile death-roll a cricket.
>Giant Insects
I don't mean giant as in horse sized, but as in fist sized horseflies and arm length dragonflies. Smaller insects would still be common of course, but It would be interesting to see if society or would change with the introduction of room sized wasp nests and mosquitoes the size of sparrows.
>>
>>2306856
if giant insects like that still existed, they wouldn't ever exist in first world countries outside of captivity as it would be a threat to public health/safety (dragonflies less than wasps, of course, bug giant bugs like that with no intention other than to kill anything it thinks it can kill would pretty much have an open season on them constantly)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>2306869
this

we'd make them extinct in the civilized world very quickly. you ever encountered an asian giant hornet before? i have. i was in a school building when one got in. the entire floor it was on panicked but nobody wanted to try killing it because it survived some attempted smackdowns and just got pissed off because of it.

i'd be concerned about large horseflies and arm-length dragonflies as they'd probably be able to kill children and small pets.
>>
>>2306856
I wish there were sturgeon that stayed baby-sized their entire lives.
>>
>>2306856
Snakes with dog like or cat like intelligence
>>
>>2306856
Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman
>>
>>2307236
>Males grow to a maximum length of about 1.6 metres (5 ft 3 in) while females do not usually exceed 1.2 metres (3 ft 11 in).
>>
>>2306856
Alligator skink. Their heads aren't very crocodilian but they do look like tiny gators.
>>
>>2306856
>fist sized horseflies and arm length dragonflies
these still are fucking terrifying

they can bite a huge chunk of flesh
>>
>>2307265
I actually didn't know about these guy. They are absolutely adorable.
>>
>>2307281

Red and white eyed crock skinks are awesome.
>>
Fist-sized jumping spiders.
>>
>>2306856
A dog that was big enough to ride.
>>
>>2306856
Rats that lived 8-10 years.
Birds that view you as a flock member instead of a mating partner when bonded.
Octopuses that could be kept in tanks at home.
>>
>>2306876
Fucking brown skinned faggots won't stop killing them
>>
>>2307512
Bro sized jumping spiders
>>
Parasitic Canadian geese that lay their eggs inside their sleeping host's reproductive organs so that the hatchling bursts out from the inside.
>>
>>2307598
I like it
>>
>>2307536
subtle shitpost
I like it
>>
File: dino-11-830x1245.jpg (204KB, 830x1245px) Image search: [Google]
dino-11-830x1245.jpg
204KB, 830x1245px
I'd just like a domesticated dinosaur, particularly a Compsognathus.
>>
>>2306871
Hornets hunt smaller insects and aren't interested in human food like yellowjackets are. Just leave them alone and they won't bother you.
>>
>>2307515
I'd want a ridable goat.

Also, duck sized horses.
>>
Domesticated omnivore horse-sized eagles. This way you could have an awesome giant meat-eating raptor to fly on, and the meat farmed ones would taste better because they would eat the same food as other poultry.
>>
I just want a pet dodo, man.
>>
>>2307515
This. I used to ride my mastiff when I was a kid, it was great fun and pretty much the only thing I miss about my childhood. A rideable doggo would be great.
>>
>horses that aren't retardly murder machines
At least we have mules and donkeys I guess.
>Mid sized housecat that isn't a wild animal or hybrid
>Rats that live longer
>Large bird you can ride comfortably for you and the bird(ostrich a shit)
>Dog sized llama
>Reptiles that are as affectionate as birds/dogs/cats
>Domesticated dog sized bear
>Pet primates that aren't shit or smart enough to be emotionally unstable
>Thunderbirds
>More colorful furred animals
>Raptor like dinobirds running around
>Big dogs that won't die in a few years because they were never meant to be that big

And basically anything as soft as a rabbit or chinchilla. Imagine kicking back to take a snooze on your dog-bear that's softer than heaven.
>>
File: fluffgator.jpg (290KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
fluffgator.jpg
290KB, 960x960px
Small, domesticated fluffy crocodiles since they apparently have feather making genes.
>>
>>2309670
Pic kinda related, but it's moss
>>
House hippo
http://i.imgur.com/JB7J7cT.gif
>>
File: warrior xeno.jpg (137KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
warrior xeno.jpg
137KB, 640x480px
They're basically bugs so I guess they count.
>>
>>2306876
cute!
>>
File: front.jpg (137KB, 1000x691px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
137KB, 1000x691px
>>2306856
A lizard that was the about the same size as and behaved like a dog would be awesome.
>>
>>2311523
>>2307615
These

I imagine pack hunting raptors were very much like wolves in terms of socialness, and all we'd need to do is breed them into domestication like dogs, foxes, and cats.
>>
>>2306856
Out of everything, why the fuck would you want fist sized horseflies?
>>
Dogs capable of human speech

Itd be great to know why Scruffy always brings me a single fucking slipper for no damn reason
>>
File: tumblr_nx5h5bZ26b1r4151io3_1280.jpg (295KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx5h5bZ26b1r4151io3_1280.jpg
295KB, 667x1000px
>>2307233

THIS
so much
>>
>>2307536
>birds that view you as a flock member instead of a mating partner once bonded

Do they really do that? I was thinking about getting a Conure bird, but I don't want him/her dry humping me
>>
>>2311814
They won't dry hump you, but they'll get viscous when handled by people that aren't you. Many stories of people interacting with someone's "shit bird" are usually down to the fact that that "shit bird" is single.
>>
>>2311820
How mean would they get? I am still thinking about getting one, I've already made the whole house bird safe (or at least as much as I could) and I want a sweet sounding fluffy buddy in the house so I won't feel alone. A chihuahua would be the next best thing but I really want a bird.
>>
File: NwN_Gelatinous_Cube.jpg (9KB, 383x344px) Image search: [Google]
NwN_Gelatinous_Cube.jpg
9KB, 383x344px
>>2311820
>they'll get viscous when handled by people that aren't you
My bird does that all th etime. Pic related.
>>
>>2311894
It's not the worst thing in the world, and you get a lot of people excessively anthropomoprhizing over single birds as if every caged bird *must* have a mate or else it's animal abuse.

>mfw nobody even gives a smidgen of a fuck about finding me a mate
>>
>>2311523
that would just be kinda annoying if you lived in a cold climate. You would have to spend so much on heating costs during the winter, just to keep them moving.
>>
File: kekgolden.jpg (134KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
kekgolden.jpg
134KB, 800x800px
>>2307536
>>
File: monitor.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
monitor.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
>>2311523

Get a monitor lizard. It's sort of like a dog. A constantly angry, hissing, biting, psychotic dog (when it's not asleep).
>>
>>2311993
kek
>>
File: 4610564878_24aeacb00f_z.jpg (233KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
4610564878_24aeacb00f_z.jpg
233KB, 640x427px
>>2307281
I think he meant these (alligator lizards), but both work
>>
>>2308423
>reptiles as affectionate as birds/cats
maybe not as much as dogs, but tegus and monitors can be like that.
>>
>>2314024
>based on 1 (one) youtube video of tegus crawling on a guy for whatever purpose
>>
>>2312289

Black throat monitors are by far the chillest. With white throats after. Niles tend to be the biggest dicks. Not to say they can't on a whim or response fuck you up. Their tails are generally what gets you first and they hit you like a tree trunk. (Been hit by full grown iguanas so I imagine these being many times worse).
>>
>>2314038

Nah go do some digging with owners. Reds are generally the most friendly then BnW.

Often times if you out in hours daily it's all good. Especially if you are almost always with them. Some can be assessed like any lizard but out of the three I have met on my life none have been aggressive. Their claws can still scratch you to shit if you hold them of course or I'd they decide to climb you.

Not saying buying one will go right but with proper time and patience most tegus can be awesome pets.
>>
I want bonsai giraffes to be real
>>
>>2306856
>fist sized horseflies
I hope your dreams are never realized.
>>
A tiny crocodile wouldn't death roll
>>
A tiger or cheetah with the cost and maintenance requirements of a regular housecat or dog and totally domesticated and docile. Maybe in 2035? Fuck living that long tho.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.