[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obvious scam. Who this fuck names a bird Suzy anyway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0111.png (716KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0111.png
716KB, 750x1334px
Obvious scam. Who this fuck names a bird Suzy anyway?
>>
File: IMG_0110.png (321KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0110.png
321KB, 750x1334px
>>
File: IMG_0112.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0112.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>
>>2306521
Just tell them you'll pay when you get the bird.
>>
>>2306522
Wow that reeks so much of bullshit flies would be attracted to it. If anyone calls for it they deserve it for being dumb
>>
>>2306522
RICHMOND, VIRGINIA

Seems legit
>>
>>2306522
>I own the hyacinth macaw parrot that is up for rehoming alongside my husband.
Jesus christ, people are rehoming spouses now?
>>
Someone is going to have to explain this to me, how exactly is this a scam?

They don't appear to be asking for money, just for the bird to go to a good home.

Could someone explain the details of this scam to me?
>>
>>2306659

I can send Suzy to you for just $400 in shipping!
>>
>>2306659
They're offering a rare and expensive bird. It's well-trained, well-socialized, and it can talk (even though macaws have a reputation for being shrill and not as good at talking as some other parrot species). The reason they're giving the bird away is undisclosed, but it's not some kind of problem with the animal. They claim that they're not actually selling the bird, so presumably they're simply giving away a bird like that? A bird that would normally cost $10,000 or even more? It sounds too good to be true.
Also, they want the new owner to live far away from the seller's location. That requirement sounds extra suspicious.
They might be offering a free bird now, but you can expect them to ask for an adoption fee or money for the shipping like this anon said >>2306662

Judging by a quick googling, multiple parrot websites warn their readers about any sellers who offer suspiciously cheap or even free parrots. Parrot scammers get the attention of their victims with overly generous offers like this, and then trick them into sending money for birds that don't exist.
>>
>>2306646

Thanks for the chortle.
>>
>>2306659
Yo, I'm giving away this bridge if you're interested.
>>
Please send this message back:

Hello friend, I'm just friendly Nigerian prince from Nigeria. I would like to add this bird to my beautiful palace, where it will be well cared for by my harem of big breasted women. There is an evil tyranny who has sent me to the jails, and I am heartbroken to be away from my beautiful birds and women. Please send funds so I may escape my cell and take back my castle, and then I may care for this bird. I will send you many Nigerian coin and big breasted women in return.
>>
>>2306868
rollin'
>>
I've gotten two things like this for animals and a ton of "we are renting our apartment but we moved out of the country so we will send the key to you" shit. One for a dog was well written(it wasn't even a purebred or cool looking dog, some random mutt) and despite they supposedly lived 30 minutes away from me they declined a pick up.

>>2306659
It's a well written scam but shipping and why the bird can't live in the area solidifies it.
>>
>>2307229
>despite they supposedly lived 30 minutes away from me they declined a pick up.
Did they try to come up with some excuse, or did they just quit contacting when they realized you live too close for their scam to work? Just curious
>>
>>2306659
The best part about this particular scam is you aren't paying for the bird, you're paying for the shipping. So if they try to sue the scammers, they have little to stand on because the money wasn't to receive a bird, it was technically to ship a bird. They could make excuses like bird could have died in shipping or got lost.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170130-065519.png (758KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170130-065519.png
758KB, 1080x1920px
The things people will do for money

>'rare' calico
>Not fixed or vaccinated
>Adult cat
>$35 OBO
And someone will fall for this
>>
>>2307229
>It's a well written scam
they repeatedly change the spelling of the bird's name, even calling her "dolly" once.
>>
>>2307229
They were suddenly out of state with the dog. I was the one who stopped replying. I knew it was a scam but I wanted to see how far would they go with excuses. I just got bored. It was just really odd it wasn't for a puppy or purebred. The dog looked like a generic black lab mix.

>>2308184
It's copypasta. You know what I meant.
>>
>>2308382
Any smart scammer would use their own photos for their scam to make sure people can't reverse image search or even accidentally happen upon the picture elsewhere. It's possible they just only had a mutt picture. Alternatively, they may thought it would be more believable with an older mutt due to the 'too good to be true' idea, but that would be pretty dumb since anyone stupid enough to fall for it in the first place won't be thinking it's too perfect.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.