[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for Sickly Cat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So my 2 year old female cat started vomiting early this morning around 6 AM. This usually is normal for her when she eats too much, and she'll usually vomit twice then eat again and be ok.

Since this morning she has puked about 4-5 times, with the last being a small amount of brown liquid. The other times had been solid food mixed with brown liquid. Since then she has been very lethargic, wanting to lay on her side and back, and meows when I touch her belly area.

Am I being paranoid? Usually she gets over these things fairly quickly but she seems like she's taking it a bit harder this time. I have water sat out, and took up the bowls of wet food I sat out last night, in case something was bad. I haven't checked her litter box lately but I think she is ok there, she hasn't been using it frequently but she also hasn't used it at all.

Thanks for any advice!

Pic related, my cat when she was a kitten.
>>
>>2304968

Take her to the vet. My cat started vomiting uncontrollably and laying on her side in apparent discomfort and she died the next day due to organ failure.
>>
>>2304981
Jesus I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm actually at the vet right now, waiting on a blood panel. She had vomited bile 2 times and was not getting better, so thought better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>2304993

Was the bile yellow or pink and foamy?

Pink and foamy means blood in the stomach, which could mean stomach lacerations/ulcers induced by organ failure.
>>
>>2305028
It was brownish yellow. She had wet food the night before that was a deep brown so I wasn't too concerned about it.

Her blood work came out good and the vet gave her subcutaneous fluid and an antinausea injection. She seems ok now, she is cleaning herself and I feel much better about her hydration now.

Also the vet said to give her a half portion of dry food tonight, then advance her diet tomorrow. If she vomits anymore then she needs to come back in to get xrays, since she may have swallowed something. She loves biting paper and strings, so it's possible.
>>
>>2305060

Good to hear the dehydration issue is sorted, barring any weird illnesses that's the main thing to keep in check.

Hope all goes well with your broken cat, anon.
>>
>>2305079
Thanks man, always looking out for my furry friends.
>>
>>2304968
Since you have found out what was wing have you considered controlling her portions? If she eats to much that it leads to vomiting she probably shouldn't have access to all her days food at once
>>
>>2305096
Yeah, me and my husband talked it over and we've decided to halve their food for now, my other cat is getting a little pudgy too.

So far she hasn't vomited today, she was given a Cerenia shot that seemed to do the trick. She's even kneading me again!
>>
Dang I just let my cat wait it out, isolated him from other cat and let him wait it out for 2 or so days. He was better after that, he would throw up food and bile when he hadn't eaten. had a little diarrhea too.

I think he just got into my garbage can and ate something that made him sick.
>>
I'm glad cato is ok
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.