[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the advantages to have a dumb pet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: we wuz dinos n shit.jpg (103KB, 600x651px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz dinos n shit.jpg
103KB, 600x651px
What are the advantages to have a dumb pet?
>>
>>2304702
They don't judge your musical taste.
>>
>>2304702
Define dumb.
Incapable of learning commands easily, simple and barely feeling like a cockroach, or people underestimate it because of stereotypes and misinterpretation?
>>
Kind of off topic but my gf and i went to a farm supply store once to get some tools, and they had live baby chicks for sale.

one bin had 'breeding chicks' or something of that nature, and they ran from our hands when we reached into try and pet them

another box just had 'meat birds' written on it, and they all ran towards our hands, assuming we were there to give them food.

I don't think I've laughed so hard in a store before, would definitely consider a meat bird as a pet.
>>
>>2304706
No
>>
File: chickendance.webm (908KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
chickendance.webm
908KB, 720x720px
you don't have to be smart to have fun
>>
They're way funnier
>>
>>2304844
chickens are smart
>>
>>2304938
this. chickens being dumb is a common myth.

they actually rank a bit below dolphins, pigs and other apes
>>
>>2304942
Some studies suggest they may be as intelligent as humans.
>>
>>2304944
THEY ARE COMING FOR US!!!!!
>>
Smart dogs are a huge pain in the ass, dumb dogs are easier to trick into doing what you want.
>>
Food.
>>
>>2304839
The babies that ran haven't learned to love the hand that feeds them yet.

Some of my breeds are dicks and know that if they bite your hand and hurt you youll flinch and drop the feed. Others are empathetically dainty.
>>
>>2304947
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdrmfjAhn0
>>
For the most part, high intelligence tends to go hand in hand with high maintenance. More stimulation required, more exercise, more toys, and potentially more destructive if they get bored.

This is part of the reason I gravitated towards reptiles as pets. The thing to be careful with reptiles is that there is a danger of too much stimulation, as opposed to too litte with them. Since I work full time and live alone, I can only dedicate about 90 minutes or so per day to their maintenance and care and whatever interaction. This works out perfectly as that is just the right amount of attention they all need combined (I have several) on a daily basis. Too much handling and playing with will stress reptiles out and eventually cause problems with feeding regularity and overall health.
>>
>>2305041
This. Stupid pets are easier. The stupider it is, the easier it'll be to maintain.
>>
>>2305041
>chameleons
>they chill in a tank and enjoy life
>can take them out and they stick to your hand, climb on shit
>kung fu grip hands and omnidirectional independant eyes
>just maintain the environment and throw some bugs their way
you can even catch the fuckers in some places, in hawaii they're basically an invasive pest so just go to a garden or something and you can scoop one up
>>
>>2305041
I have a Oscar who drops rocks on snails to smash them then he eats them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.