[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Probably not the right place to post this, but what kind of bone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Probably not the right place to post this, but what kind of bone would I need to use to go about making something like this? I've made knives before but I'm interested in making things with other materials
>>
File: 100_2334640x480.jpg (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
100_2334640x480.jpg
109KB, 640x480px
Or like this
>>
Those are equally made from deer bones. Cow bones would also work.
You can also use antlers. A popular choice is using deer and alligator mandibles.

Bone is more fragile than you might think so I wouldn't use them for any serious cutting but they look nice and people buy them. I've been meaning to make a folding knife out of small jaws.
>>
>>2304576
Oh yeah, I wouldn't use them they'd just be for show. I know a few people who would buy, too
Thank you, anon, cow will be very convenient for me
>>
>>2304603
Youre welcome.
Unless you're doing larger ones it would be easier to get deer bones, and for cheaper. Taxidermy.net forums and eBay always have boxes of bones and antlers sold by the pound. You could get even more plus more 'exotic' ones from the forum if you're willing to clean the bones yourselves. I've gotten plenty of cheap or free shit by just paying shipping. Just post what you're looking for and what you are looking to pay(if you have a price in mind) and done. They're a very straight forward group.
>>
Also you might want to hit up /diy/ or the LARP thread in /cgl/. They should be able to provide more information if you need it.
>>
>>2304611
>>2304605
I've got a bud who works in a slaughterhouse who can get me some cow bones, but I like your jaw idea so I'll see if I can do that with deer
And yeah I'll check them out, thanks again mate
>>
>>2304569
ask on >>>/out/ for better advice
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.