[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog underbite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0985.jpg (138KB, 800x739px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0985.jpg
138KB, 800x739px
Hey guys, I'm getting a new puppy in 2 weeks and was just told that he has a slight underbite. Is this a big deal, or should I back out and wait in a next litter? It's a cockapoo if that helps
>>
>>2304365
>it's a cockapoo

back out a wait a for a breed that isn't designer byb shit. Or adopt if you really want a mutt
>>
>>2304365
I knew somebody who has a saussage dog with a big underbite.
Looked like a very goofy shark but had no problems as far as i know.
>>
depends how "slight" that slight underbite is

you have to understand that when it comes to most breeders, especially of these designer poodle cross fad dogs, their endgame is to sell dogs. That's it. So I wouldn't exactly trust their word on the severity of the underbite until you see it yourself

honestly you can't know how bad it is really until the dog is older. But as far as negative health problems, the main thing would be that they may have a problem eating or will be more prone to dental disease/decay. But again, depends how severe the underbite is and if they have any other dental misalignment
>>
>>2304368
Yes, soooo sorry I don't want a shitty pitbull from the pound. And yes, an f3 cockapoo is definitely from a BYB.
>>
>>2304394
I was just saying if you really wanted a mutt to adopt one. and cockapoos are a designer mutt.
>>
>>2304393
Thanks, I'm seeing it next week to look, but I also have been reading that they can develop into nothing except a goofy face or correct themselves as they age
>>
>>2304395
Yes they are a designer mutt. A mutt that has specific qualities. I'm allergic to most dogs dander, so a poodle blend helps with that. I also live in a smaller house, so size is a concern.
>>
>>2304396
"Can" and "will" are two different things. I've seen them get better with age and also get worse. Not as common for them to get worse but still happens

Gotta be careful with designer dog breeders. Cockers on their own are shitshows as far as health goes, crossing in poodles that don't have the best health wouldn't improve that. And them being hypoallergenic is a myth.
>>
>>2304400
I know they're not inherently hypoallergenic, but the ones we had growing up I didn't have a problem with as long as their coats were fairly short and washed every week. Usually it's the standard or double coats that I can't stand, because so much stuff gets trapped in the fur.
>>
>>2304399
except as >>2304400 said, hypoallergenic dogs are a myth to con soccer moms into goldendoodles

and the problem is that with designer mutts it's only a crossbreed. you're not getting the benefits of the dog being mixed to avoid the issues purebreds have and since reputable breeders don't breed designer mutts you're losing on that front to. it doesn't make sense
>>
>>2304402
>http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ocean/ajra/2011/00000025/00000004/art00021
>http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091674912007932

It's beyond "inherently hypoallergenic", more like there is no difference.

If allergens are the big reason you're purchasing this dog, you may want to rethink. Purchasing from these types of breeders is generally frowned on.

>Stuff getting trapped in the fur
Well, that's going to be much worse with a dog you actually have to get groomed, but you seem to have already made up your mind.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.