[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 6 month old puppy has rancid farts nearly constantly. We've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

My 6 month old puppy has rancid farts nearly constantly. We've tried several different brands of food as well as a raw diet and the only food that seemed to have any improvement was cheap supermarket food with barely any meat in it.

Am I going to have to choose between living in a house that smells like shit and feeding my dog food that will kill her before she hits 5 years? Are there any other products I can mix in with a raw diet that might decrease the gas?
>>
>>2302721

>green tripe

What did your raw diet consist of?

What kind of dog do you have?
>>
>>2302751

Assuming you have a husky I would feed 2 chicken thigh leg portions, 1/4 cup green tripe and alternate 1/4 cup liver, heart and kidney each day.
>>
>>2302752
>>2302751
Husky-mix, yeah. Her raw diet was mostly kangaroo mince with lamb liver+kidney and chicken necks. Usually with some vegetables on the side if I had some left over.

Also the food brands she's been on are
-Applaws puppy food
-Nature's Goodness Grain Free
-Advance Wellbeing
-Baxters (the low quality food that didn't give her gas)

She was on each for 3-4 weeks. I'll definitely look into green tripe though. Would the powdered version be okay or would I need to get it straight from a butcher?
>>
Is it just gas or is her shit also more rank than it should be? Has she been checked for stomach issues by a vet?

Assuming you were mixing her old foods with new foods, did the mix improve it at all? How fast does she eat? If she practically inhales it you could try feeding her smaller portions spread out throughoit the day.
>>
>>2302776
Both really. I can smell her poops from the other end of the yard but her poops dry out and stop smelling fairly quickly.
I switched her foods slowly, she usually had a bit of diarrhea the first few days but the gas doesn't stop even after her poops are solid again. I mentioned it when she got her last set of shots and the vet said she just had a sensitive stomach and to try different brands until we find one she can digest properly.

I was reading reviews on dog foods and a few people mentioned their dogs get gas when they eat food with high protein. Could that be why she handled the cheap food better than the higher quality stuff?
>>
>>2302771
>chicken necks
ffs
>>
>>2302882
>quality post
elaborate
>>
>>2302784
If she was getting diarrhea on the first day you switched, you weren't switching slowly enough. Get her on a bland diet real quick and do a slower switch to a high quality food. What brands were you using?

Also, have your vet do a fecal exam. It doesn't require an in-office exam, just drop a small amount of poop off in a bag and ask for one. Shouldn't cost you more than $50. Your dog might have internal parasites.
>>
>>2302884 here
My bad, didn't see you had listed the brands already. I've never heard of any of those at all, though. On my mobile and can't do much quick research, but how do you know they're high quality brands? Just the ingredients?
>>
>>2302887
I'm australian, I guess most of them aren't sold worldwide.
http://www.petfoodreviews.com.au/dry-dog-food/ is a good site for checking quality of dry food. Most are decent foods other than Baxters, which is apparently one of the worst foods.

Oh we also brought Ivory Coat but it made her violently ill even though it was only around 10% mixed with the old food. We stopped that food immediately.

The vet wormed her last month and it's supposed to last for 3 months. I don't know what brand they use so I guess it's possible that she has a different kind of worm that isn't covered by it. I'll look into the fecal exam.
>>
>>2302771

The dog should not eat veges and chicken necks do not have enough meat - bone in them.

>>2302752 is good advice.
>>
>>2302883
how about you try to guess why people don't eat chicken necks
>>
>>2303125

Dogs are not people.
>>
I fed my puppy quality food and she had the worst farts as well. They eventually went away when she grew up.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.