[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, i come to you as i have no idea where i could ask this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: pablo1.jpg (82KB, 819x960px) Image search: [Google]
pablo1.jpg
82KB, 819x960px
hey guys, i come to you as i have no idea where i could ask this.
i recently adopted a dog that was found on the streets, he was microchipped but the owner couldn't be reached/didn't wanna come for him, i dont exactly know. He is classified as a pitbull mix. it doesn't really matter what breed he is but the curiosity is there, as all dog owners know. He weighs 25,4 kg, would like to fatten him up like 2-3 kilos because he looks rather skinny atm. Floor to top of the back is around 50cm, i didn't measure floor to head. I was wondering if you could throw around a few ideas as to what he could be mixed with.
and yes, he has a sweater, it was -17 celsius here
>>
File: pablo2.jpg (50KB, 526x701px)
pablo2.jpg
50KB, 526x701px
more pictures of pablo. he is beween 5-7 years old
>>
File: pablo3.jpg (45KB, 495x540px)
pablo3.jpg
45KB, 495x540px
>>
Just keep feeding him his usual food if he's on a good brand. Then add some boiled rice and a scrambled egg once a day, should get him to a healthy weight in a week or two.
>>
>>2300560
yeah he is getting good food for sensible dogs as he has some issues with diarrhea, which also have to do with the stress he went through in the last months of being on the street, in the shelter and then in the new home. he was also found with open wounds so god knows what he's been through, poor boy
>>
>>2300555
>>2300554
>>2300553
If I had to guess i'd say he's part lab. His face def has some distinct lab features and the paws as well. Do a doggie DNA test if you really want to know - they're like $80
>>
>>2300567
i was thinking lab as well. but then i also think some kind of mastiff because of how his mouth and neck skin hangs. but lab was my first guess when i looked at his face!
>>
Looks like a shit bull. I hope you never plan on having children or other small animals for the next decade. They can and will attack for no discernible reason.
>>
>>2300573
you are really fucking stupid. he is actually amazing with other animals and all people.
>>
Can you post a picture of his body from the side?

He doesn't look underweight in any of these images, so consult with a vet before trying to have him gain
>>
File: pablo4.jpg (68KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pablo4.jpg
68KB, 600x800px
>>2300579
>>
File: pablo5.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pablo5.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
>>2300579
you can see a bit of his ribs, the vet said he is not that underweight but around 2kg more would be ok.
bonus pic of his usual face, when he doesn't look like he is being beaten 24/7
>>
>>2300574
Does he have a tendency to bite when bothered or when he doesn't like something?
>>
>>2300608
nope. he gives no fucks about anything really. you can do whatever to him and he loves it. i even put my fingers in his mouth when he was eating food or a chew thing and he would stop eating and lick me, and mind you i had him for 10 days now. the only thing he bites and destroys are teddies and low quality balls.
>>
>>2300634
>Part Pitbull
>Not biting you
>Doing all of that epic shit
You are either a very amazing trainer or your dog is a miracle dog.
I kind of hate my dog now
>>
>>2300665
he is a miracle dog. from the first time i saw him and walked him. i am no trainer at all. he is just very obedient. i left him at a friends place for tonight s i have a work thing this evening, and he is already on the sofa there, not bothered he is in a new place and with basically a stranger. he stood there waiting for the lady in the pet shop to put a sweater on him, no fuss, nothing. he just complied with everything even tho he never saw her before

he does open his mouth when you are eating and comes close but never actually tried to nip/bite. it's more of a 'feed me' thing. the only thing is he doesn't like some male dogs that still have balls. but again, not all. that might be because he was most likely attacked by a dog as he had open wounds on his back leg, nose and top of his head when they found him.

but pitties are known to bounce back easily from being treated badly. i am also mostly not alpha with him in my behaviour as he is like my baby so i might encounter some problems as the time goes by and i don't change. i mean i walked him without a lead yesterday night through the town and he ignored the people, stayed close to me, and if he went more than 3 steps ahead i'd say 'wait' and he stopped. i most certainly never taught him that. on the other hand if you tell him to come while in a dog park he is deaf, and we can't learn to shake :DDD
>>
>>2300665

I have an APBT/Dalmatian mix that's the same way. Very sweet, prefers to remove himself when he's upset instead of biting. It just takes a fuckton of patience and time.
>>
>>2300582

Looks like you netted yourself a Good Boy.
>>
>>2300665
also don't hate your dog. i have a german shepherd dog back home with my parents. she doesn't listen and for her breed she is pretty dim, but very gentle with animals and kids. taking her for a walk is horrible as she pulls a lot and i could never take her to the city center or a cafe because it'd be horrible. yet she is also my baby and i love her to bits.
>>
>>2300672
how does that look like, please? i just saw one picture and it was a bully with dalmatian markings and it was wonderful.

but it is in the nature of bullies to be gentle and great for families.

>>2300673
a very good boy indeed!

also he might be american bulldog/pit mix, i did some more research
>>
File: lilsniffer.jpg (46KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
lilsniffer.jpg
46KB, 400x225px
>>2300678

I have to get some better pictures of him. He's covered in spots, but most of them can only be seen when his coat's wet.
>>
>>2300688
fucking adorable!!
>>
>>2300671

It sounds like you doing everything right, anon. Just keep rewarding him when he behaves like you like and he should be fine.
>>
>>2300699

Thanks! Pablo looks like a little angel; I can't imagine why anyone would turn him out to the streets like that.
>>
>>2300665
My APBT is the sweetest dog. He once tried to get aggressive with another dog, sperged out and went after my dad. He choked the dog out until he passed out, and ever since that APBT has given us zero trouble. With pits you just have to teach them who is boss, and they will follow you to their dying breath.
>>
>>2300582
This dog is a cinnamon roll. Good job, OP
>>
>>2300674
Mine likes biting legs, He literally gets on the ground and starts looking at your legs when you approach. I have tried everything and he won't stop
>>
File: kangs.png (21KB, 311x212px) Image search: [Google]
kangs.png
21KB, 311x212px
ITT:
>NOT ALL SHITBULLS
>>
>>2300741

Play biting? Aggressive biting?
>>
>>2300779
I don't know; But he madly shakes and gets very frustrated if you run and tries to bite you
>>
>>2300795

>enabling biting shit

well, that's how you get bottom tier, shit behavior dogs.
congrats.
>>
>>2300553
Just looks like a pitbull. Don't really see anything else in him.
>>
>>2300752
(you)
>>
>>2300795
Is he a herding dog? You could be mistaking the behavior for nipping at heels, which is a really common behavior in herding breeds.
>>
>>2300707
i have no idea either. you know when you try to find a flaw in him which would give you that lightbulb moment and you realize why someone wanted him gone. maybe it will come when he gets even more comfortable in his new home but i dont think so.

thank you all for the kind comments, i cant take any credit for his good behaviour altho he does get a lot of attention and i do try to work with him as much as possible. but mostly he gets a lot of love and cuddles and kisses, and sometimes i bite his cheeks when i give him a kiss and he just takes it like a champ :D he is my baby substitute and thats all good. :D
>>
>>2300574
lol
>>
>>2300553
Pits for life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jW0J2l9so
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.