[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking of copping a cat, but I wanted an Egyptian Mau

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: thumbnail_IMG_0098.jpg (217KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_IMG_0098.jpg
217KB, 1280x960px
I was thinking of copping a cat, but I wanted an Egyptian Mau which are pretty rare. Anyway I was told that this was a Mau mix, does that seem legit?
>>
Here's how a purebred Mau kitten looks like.
>>
File: acinftA.jpg (74KB, 432x338px) Image search: [Google]
acinftA.jpg
74KB, 432x338px
>>2300303
Looks like a striped tabby to me.
>>
>>2300310

My friend said that but looking online Tabby is just the patterning, not the breed. To make things complex.
>>
>>2300303
I'd bet my left testicle that not only is it not an egyptian mau, but that is doesn't have a drop of pure bred blood in it.

Egyptian Maus are one of those breeds people will pass their cat off as to be a special snowflake or to sell it for more money than it's worth because people think any tiger cat is an egyptian mau. Same thing with Siamese and cats with color points, bombays and black cats, and long hair cats and maine coons.
>>
>>2300315

It's up for adoption, like $20. Otherwise I'd agree with you.
>>
>>2300315

I don't know, what kind of cats do you think they are? just... Mutts? lol

http://egyptianmau.rescueme.org/California?16-10-23-00250#1
>>
Cat genetics are very hard to understand.

That looks like a tabby to me, but if you think it's a Mau then what harm is being done?
>>
>>2300327
Domestic short hair.
Aka a mutt. All cats are dsh or dlh unless they have papers.

Why do you even care?
>>
Don't worry about breeds or any of that nonsense. Concentrate on a cat that will be a good bro cat.
>>
>>2300323
I wouldn't pay a dime for a cat that wasn't at least fixed. Otherwise you're getting ripped off. Do you know how much time, effort and money they put into that cat? Next to $0. I've raised many kittens and each kitten individually probably cost me about $7 in food and litter, and mother cat did 100% of the care. I mean, if you want to be a fool and get ripped off thats up to you

>>2300327
Most cats in the world are mutts. Unlike dogs, people didn't need to breed cats to do a specific job. All cat breeds today don't have a job outside of being companions. Relatively speaking, cats breeds are a pretty knew thing.
>>
>>2300313

The thing is that most cats don't have a breed and aren't even a recognisable mixture of breeds, they're just a regular old housecat with no significant purebred ancestry. Most tabby cats are just cats that are tabby patterned, not half Mau or a Bengal mix or whatever. It's a very common and ancient pattern and it shows up all over the world.

If the cat is up for adoption at $20, it's almost certainly just a tabby housecat, but as the current owner isn't trying to profit, they're just ignorant or trying to make the kittens sound more adoptable. Many people will genuinely think their random black cat is a Bombay or their fluffy cat is a Ragdoll because it looks a bit like a photo they saw on the internet and they don't realise that thousands of cats just happen to look like that anyway. Adopt the cat if you think it looks nice and seems friendly, but if you want a Mau, you'll probably have to go through a breeder.
>>
>>2300513

Thats what I figured. The only breeder In California moved to Washington, about $1200 for a kitten I think. Not too bad I guess.
>>
>>2300304
>beautiful
>dirty eyes
errytiem
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.