[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat "imprinting"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Have any of you ever had a cat that you felt "imprinted" on you as if you were extremely close kin?

The cat I adopted when I was 4 cuddled right up in my arms every time I laid down in bed, always preferred to be in my room every house we moved to, and cared for me personally despite being neutral to other family members/humans in general. It felt like a spirit bond, with the only flaw being she was a real fucking bitch to other animals (especially cats).

Just looking for similar stories and more info on this kind of behavior. I'd like to own another cat with the same personality, and I'd like for my children to have the same kind of bond with a cat of their own instead of stuffed animals or a family chode that just wanders around. How common is this kind of personality? Is it something you can replicate? Is it maybe gender/breed related? I don't know why she grew so attached to me, I was just a hyper screamy retarded kid.
>>
That's normal almost-every-cat behavior. Cats are also solitary for the most part. Some may live in groups to lounge, sleep or get warm though. Both my cats sleep with me but one will try to get me to come to bed and goes out of her way to curl up again my chest every time I toss or turn.

How more or less depends on the cat, and your children/potential children can easily ruin a cat's behavior if you don't lay down the law.
>>
My cat follows me around the house, even begging to be let into the restroom every morning so he can sleep on the mat while I shower.

He was properly socialized as a kitten and not weaned until around 4 months old. I adopted him shortly thereafter.
>>
Tylenol blah blah blah study blah blah pest blah blah blah
>>
Cats are dumpster animals
>>
>>2299258
Take it to tumblr faggot. There are plenty of other mentally ill "otherkin" there you can circle jerk with
>>
Cats don't imprint. Their social capabilities are limited due to them being solitary hunters.
>>
>>2299274
you're the only one mentioning tylenol. every single cat thread you come in to mock anti-cat posters that aren't even there
>>
>>2299390
He's mentally ill. You won't stop that kind of shitposting.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZET6dSixnJs
>>
>>2299342
did you get triggered over the proper non-slang usage of "kin" or have you never had an animal that felt like a family member
>>
>>2299258
Catfags are the worst.
>>
Ignore the edge lords OP, as long as you have an indoor cat there is nothing wrong with having a cat. My cat won't even eat if I'm not home for a few days so he's deff imprinted.
>>
>>2299933
Why? I don't see anything wrong with them expect that they don't own floppy eared animals
>>
Dogs do the same thing
>>
>rescue cat
>he follows me into every room of my house without fail
>if I manage to sneak out of a room without waking him up, he will come barrelling into the other room once he wakes up and realizes I left
>he even waits outside of the bathroom
>he would follow me in there but the sound of the toilet scares him
>if I put him in the other room, he puts his paws underneath the door and rolls back and forth, meowing
>runs up and tackles my legs when he sees me
>wake up with him either on top of me or two inches from my face, purring
>lays himself on top of my 3DS or keyboard, stands in front of my computer monitor
>sits on my lap or next to me on the couch at all times
>sits in a high chair in the kitchen and watches me cook
>put a webcam up to watch him when I leave
>he paces around the front door, carrying around his favorite toy (a catnip banana) and crying for the first hour
>sits at the window and looks outside for me the rest of the day
>growls at random strangers who walk in front of my house like a dog
>loses his shit when I come home, tackling me and jumping around
Daily reminder that cats have no concept of alone time or personal space.
>>
>>2299258
Some cats like people more than others, but them regarding you as family is unremarkable. I've read some studies that concluded that cats view, or at least treat, humans as nothing more than large and stupid cats.
>>
File: IMG_20140501_093602.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140501_093602.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
mine was previously abused. a friend volunteered me to adopt him. he was mean and angry and had a shit ton of behavior problems and diseases. I couldnt return him after he was brought to me.

I refused to declaw him regardless. after enough time he learned to trust me and befriended me. i had other cats before but this bond was strongest. i could go walk around the neighborhood and he would follow me like a dog, altho I didnt need a leash, he just did it on his own. he ended up being one of the best pets I ever had. pic related.
>>
>>2300151
What breed? Was he raised by dogs?
>>
>>2299342
You are retarded, anon.
>>
File: 20170103_175023.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_175023.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2300151
sounds like mine. i brought this faggot inside because a coworker told me he wasn't meshing with her barn cat population and now he never leaves me alone. he follows me around my apartment constantly. if im in bed, he's in bed next to me. if i sit on the floor, he curls up between my legs. on a chair? he's on my lap, or worse, he sits on my shoulder and shoves his ass in my face. he rips farts. human-quality nasty ass air biscuits. he's constantly purring and steals my food- even weird shit, like cheetos and potato chips. if i leave bread on the counter, he goes apeshit and shreds into it, even if he's been fed recently. i can't even lock him out of the bathroom or he'll paw underneath the door and cry. pic related, it's him
>>
>>2299258
Easy, get a female kitten, never let it outside and feed it right
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.