[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raccoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
What can I do to make these fuck off WITHOUT hurting them? I have 5 of these fat shits that hang around my porch and night and tear it up. I used to just be able to open the door and they'd be gone, but they wised up that I never did anything but open the door, so now they run to the bottom of the stairs and wait for the door to shut and come right back.

I don't wanna hurt them though cause there just trying to do their thing just like me, I just want them to leave my porch alone
>>
Spray them with water.
>>
What are they going after on your porch?
>>
>>2298726
Its winter so that could actually hurt them depending on where op lives
Have you tried repellents? Theres a lot of general outdoor pest ones that cover raccoons opossums squirrels etc
>>
>>2298729
OP doesn't have to soak them. Get their faces real good once and they'll fuck off for now.
>>
They won't respect your pacifist behaviour. They are like Arabs.
>>
>>2298727
I have no idea, there is no food up there. They take my seat cushions and throw them off into the yard

>>2298733
Yea it's really cold here, I'll try a little spray and see what happens

>>2298729
Thanks I'll look into that, I didn't know they had repellents for them specifically
>>
>>2298738
Hearty lel. In all seriousness though, you sjould seek help from a professional pest service. Raccoons are mean as shit and you should not be fucking with them.
>>
>>2298806
The thing is they aren't mean. They fear my presence as any wild animal would, but when I run them off they treat it more as a game than anything else. They don't hiss or attack me
>>
>>2298806
>raccoons are mean shit
From what I've read they're destructive too. Didn't raccoons destroy alot of the old buildings in Japan? Since they're not native to Japan their population just exploded. They're not native to Europe either, so I wonder if they're having any similar problems?
>>
>>2298698
shoot them
>>
There was this massive racoon that was lurking in my neighborhood, and it killed several of the local cats, and my cat as well.
I was looking for ways to kill it, such as poison, or shooting it with a bow. Oddly enough, I've never seen a raccoon in the area again.
Personally, I'd say don't feel so bad if the raccoons die. They're filthy rodent creatures that will do more harm than good.
>>
>>2298698
I understand they're annoying as fuck but I live in a country where raccoons are non-existent and I'd give a lot to have one of those cheeky fella's raiding my garbage at night
>>
File: pet-raccoon.png (669KB, 808x500px) Image search: [Google]
pet-raccoon.png
669KB, 808x500px
Let it come inside
lock the door
>>
File: whldgw.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
whldgw.gif
2MB, 320x240px
My mom fucking feeds the raccoons off our front porch. There are around six of them now, she kept feeding a mother raccoon and now the babies are full grown. Drives me fucking crazy, and it's to the point now where if we go out to dinner she will take extra bread and scraps and say "Oh I feed it to the raccoons." Goddamnit mom that is insane behavior. There are a couple of giant opossums that have been hanging around too. They don't even run away now when I walk by them to go inside, just sit there and eat.

Someday there will be a rabid coon that gets a hold of one of the dogs and I swear I will go out and shoot every last one of those fuckers.

There was also a time that my friend was sitting out on the front porch and started petting a cat, which turned around and hissed because it was an opossum. Scared the shit out of him. There is always piles of fucking scraps and leftovers my mom just chucks out into the driveway. It's disgusting and there is nothing I can do about it.
>>
>>2300242

>it killed several of the local cats, and my cat as well

Good.

>They're filthy rodent creatures that will do more harm than good.

No, that's cats.
>>
>>2300713
>There was also a time that my friend was sitting out on the front porch and started petting a cat, which turned around and hissed because it was an opossum.

What the fuck?
>>
>>2300713
It won't solve your problem, but is there any way to convince your mom to put the food in a bowl? So at least there isn't rotting food strewn all around the front of your house.
>>
>>2300242
so glad it put your cat out of it's misery. I can't believe you abandoned it outside like that. Imagine the cat is so happy that someone finally buys him, and then he just gets thrown outside
>>
>>2300720
Truefacts, cats are incredibly destructive.
>>
>>2300789
Indoor cat fags are the worst. Imagine being so happy someone finally buys you so you can get out of your stinking cage, only to be locked up in a stinky house.

Don't care if you put it on a leash or let it out in a big enclosure in your garden to protect wildlife,.but allow your cat outside time.
>>
Idk why I'm so in love with raccoons.
>>
>>2301265
How do you feel about raccoon dogs? Or red pandas?
>>
>>2298698
Shoot them.
>>
Kill them painlessly with a gun
>>
>>2300713
Reminds me of the woodchuck I had to deal with at my mom's. She wasn't feeding it, but it would sit in the yard and wouldn't give a shit about any living creature around it. The thing smelled like a rotting carcass that all I really wanted was to give it a bath to fix the smell for a bit.
>>
>>2298698
I had the same issue on my street and I figured an easy way too solve it, on my street, on garbage night after everyone has put out their trash bags, racoons would come and tear them up in search for food. Next morning the streets would be littered, this would happen for awhile, my neighbors are dum and just kept putting trash bags out despite.

You just need to get an airsoft rifle, or real gun if you're in the u.s. and you just shoot them. Shoot them once they won't come back
>>
>>2298698
Call animal control, or spray chilli powder and wasabi around your property
>>
Feed them dog kibble someplace away from your porch. Feed them less if they keep going on the porch. Eventually they should learn that the porch means less food and stop going there.
>>
>>2301363
>How do you feel about raccoon dogs?
I live too far to get one. ;_;
>>
>>2301557
Or better yet, get an empty spray bottle, mix a shit ton of spicy powder/sauce into the water, test it to make sure it's diluted enough to actually spray in a mist and not just drip out in globs.

Then the next time the coons come back, ghetto mace the shits all in the face.
>>
hate coons
>>
>>2301557
Chili powder deter coons? Will this work for opossums too? I am worried if I deter them at this point they will get hungry and aggressive
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.