[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if cloning your pet was affordable, would you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: dog-suit.jpg (135KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dog-suit.jpg
135KB, 600x600px
if cloning your pet was affordable, would you?
>>
i have a cat and i wish it would die.
>>
No. It'll look the same but won't act like it. If looks were all that mattered I'd just get another dog of the same breed.

The only reason I could see to clone would be for breeding purposes. Say you have a champion purebred that dies from an accident or it just never got a chance to breed with a suitable mate.
>>
>>2297619
>No. It'll look the same but won't act like it. If looks were all that mattered I'd just get another dog of the same breed.

This. I believe they determined a while ago that cloning doesn't produce the same personality. And iirc, sometimes you can get an animal with different markings, even. It just won't be the same.
>>
I thought this a thread was about clothing your pet if it it was affordable. I probably still wouldn't though
>>
>>2297664
i read it as "is clothing your pet adorable", and i half-think that was OP's intention
>>
File: 1477999592477.jpg (23KB, 580x379px) Image search: [Google]
1477999592477.jpg
23KB, 580x379px
>>2297618
>>
>>2297614
Of course not, it wouldn't be the same animal.
>>
It would be a pretty good compromise for short-lived rattos
>>
>>2297614
If there was any chance that he'd have the same personality, maybe. I miss my cat so much.
>>
>>2297618
I got a bag you can borrow. Do you live next to a river, by chance?
>>
I would if it would guarantee the clone has the same personality as the original pet.
>>
i would if it had the same personality and memories. otherwise, no.
>>
>>2297619
For breeding it would actually be fantastic. Think about all the genetic health and temperament issues breeds have that can't always be tested before the problem occurs. You can let dogs live out their whole lives and if no problems arise you can clone the animal and breed it.
>>
>>2297664
>>2297669
The most I'd do would be to buy shoes for when city workers drop salt on the ice. But it hasn't happened this year, probably won't, and I could also just clean her paws myself after the walk.
I wonder if there are "pavement shoes" for when it gets too hot outside and the pavement heats up. (I solve this particular problem by having her walk in the grass.)
>>
File: cat and its clone.jpg (198KB, 1242x778px) Image search: [Google]
cat and its clone.jpg
198KB, 1242x778px
>>2297619
It won't even look the same.
>>
>>2297618
I think the feeling is mutual
>>
I was going to say yes if it was a really unique rare color, something like it being extremely rare breed or the PRIME SPECIMEN of health to improve a genetic line but >>2297950
Apparently color wouldn't matter. If they're clones, why isn't it the same color? Does the color-DNA or whatever you'd call it not part of the donor sample? I'm not actually sure what 'DNA' they use or the process of cloning really entails.

Also no unless they fixed the health problems with clones. Or was that just related to the Dolly clones? I haven't heard any follow-ups on dog/cat clones.
>>
>>2299222

> If they're clones, why isn't it the same color? Does the color-DNA or whatever you'd call it not part of the donor sample?

We all have multiple alleles for the same trait, but which ones are expressed to form "you" sometimes depends on environmental factors or even just random chance. In Rainbow and CC's case, they're both calicos, but the genes for orange pigment activate randomly, and it just happened that they never turned on for CC.
>>
>>2299262

By "random" do you mean true ontological randomness at the quantum scale?
>>
File: 1348562913348.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1348562913348.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>2297728
>tfw i live near a river
>child falls in upstream
>police divers go in looking for body
>Dredge up dozens of bags with kittens and puppies in
>mfw
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.