[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PETA is shit and too retarded. What are some other good associations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

PETA is shit and too retarded. What are some other good associations for animal rights and defending animals?
>>
>>2297580
ALF

They're hardcore af
>>
>>2297604
Too bad he got abducted though
>>
>>2297580
Pic related
>>
local spca
>>
>>2297604

I went to their website and had a look around. I am trying to wean myself off meat because I have no desire to be in any part of an animal's suffering. It's hard to do after eating meat for so long but I am cutting back.

Would they still accept me? Also, are they supposed to look like the animal IRA?
>>
Animal's have no rights. Animals are human property nigg.
>>
>>2297661
This. Always go local, no matter if it's animal rights or anything else. It's just much less riddled with scandal and often you can physically volunteer or donate stuff. Only time I say global is the way to go is emergency relief funds like tornados.
>>
>>2297694
Medicine student here, I hope you also plan to never use any medication or cosmetic products at all, since they were all tested on animals.
And by tested I mean that we literally inject animals with basically random chemical compounds in potentially lethal amounts for often questionable reasons.

That hand lotion you're using? We literally put it into dozens of rabbit's eyes to test if it irritates the skin.
HINT: even if it doesn't irritate the skin, it does irritate the rabbit's eye. Badly.

Basically any pill you'll ever swallow?
Someone went ahead and dosed hundreds, if not thousands, of animals with progressively larger amounts to determine LD50.

So please don't be a hypocrite.
If you care about animal rights, refrain from using conventional medication and cosmetics as well.

As a rule of thumb: If it's certified by the FDA, animals had to suffer for it.
>>
>>2297580
NAACP
>>
>>2297694
>I have no desire to be in any part of an animal's suffering
Certifiably impossible I'm afraid, unless you take that old internet adage and kill yourself. >>2297744 is right. The one fundamental rule of life is that something else must suffer for you to live - if you go vegan, you're increasing destructive agricultural practice and mass-pesticide usage. If you stop using a car, you have to walk and accidentally kill countless bugs underfoot, or use a bike which killed and ruined many environments to be produced. If you have a laptop/phone and use the internet, you condone the wholesale raping of Africa by heavy metal mining, and fossil fuel extraction that's currently ruining the carbon balance.

Life is suffering, of the self and all lifeforms around you. Let's not pretend we can be earthly angels.
>>
>are they supposed to look like the animal IRA?
Yes they're a terrorist cell
>>
>>2297711
For animal rights it may actually be better to go big. Most of animal rights is changing laws and changing opinions, which is best done with large, influential groups.

>>2297744
To be fair, it's easy enough to go without store bought make up and skin products. And generally most animal advocates let medical testing slide as a necessity but draw the line with cosmetics.

PETA is retarded though because they are against medical testing and animal organs used in people and shit, but the CEO uses pig insulin with the explanation that they are allowed to because they are important.
>>
>>2297845
>To be fair, it's easy enough to go without store bought make up and skin products.

>And generally most animal advocates let medical testing slide as a necessity but draw the line with cosmetics.
They probably shouldn't do that, since 90% of animal testing is unnecessary or redundant.
Most of it is only done to satisfy insane regulations that were literally implemented by big pharma to keep small companies from competing with them.
If you care about animal testing, you should lobby to abolish the regulations that require it in the first place.

>PETA is retarded though because they are against medical testing and animal organs used in people and shit, but the CEO uses pig insulin with the explanation that they are allowed to because they are important.
At this point I'm fairly sure that PETA is a scam.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were funded by some influential corporations as a red herring to keep people from addressing actual issues.
>>
>>2297758
Underrated
>>
>>2298371
I'm honestly confused about PETA. They support the ban on pit bulls while also saying the dogs aren't monsters. They tell people to spay and neuter while also saying the procedure is barbaric and unnatural. They have a huge issue with animal shelters and their euthanasia rates and care, while they have their own shelter with only a 3% live release rate.

And while I could definitely believe they were set up to prevent progress, they've also gotten a lot of things done for animal welfare and rights, even their higher ups going as far as committing acts of terrorism. I kind of think it's just a bunch of retards who managed to make money off of manipulating feelings.

And if that's what has to happen for me to take my life saving medicine then that sucks but I'm not going to boycott my life saving medicine because of it. Because I'd die. And nothing would change. If you want to that's fine by me, no one will give a fuck if you stop taking your medicine.
>>
>>2297744
Not the point faggot.
The point is to reduce your harm as much as possible. We know perfection is impossible.
>>
File: irritancy-testing-rabbits.jpg (40KB, 715x359px) Image search: [Google]
irritancy-testing-rabbits.jpg
40KB, 715x359px
>>2298371
>>2298450
Its called controlled opposition bros. I'm afraid to say, /x/-man here for that very reason. You'll notice the things they achieve are thing another organisation would have achieved anyways or something "the man" has decided he'll let go of because scientific experiments on animals have gotten to the point that they know what chemicals do what to biological beings. A lot of PETA supporters don't look at their actions hard enough. Just go "YAY!! Well done". You've gleamed at it dirty underbelly. Scrutinise! Alex Jones out!(also controlled opposition)
>>
>>2298499
Shit, just kill yourself then! You'll reduce your harm to zero and you'll make more space on the planet for the rest of us who have common sense and enjoy the taste of barbequed animal flesh!
>>
>>2298946
>when in doubt, resort to edge
>>
>>2298450
>they've also gotten a lot of things done for animal welfare and rights
Such as?
>>
File: plquote5.png (38KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
plquote5.png
38KB, 700x700px
>>2299014
He's sort of got a point. Self-righteous vegans and PETA-types often define their very personalities by their piety and occasionally-altruistic ideals - if they truly want to cause no harm or influence over animals then the only option is to die.
>>2298804
True. Most modern animal-rights and green movements are simply fuelled by childish rebellion against authority, and are well-documented to be infiltrated by undercover police etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lambert_(undercover_police_officer)
>>
>>2299068

>rebellion is childish

nice indoctrination
>>
File: penttitree.jpg (144KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
penttitree.jpg
144KB, 960x540px
>>2299070
>let's allow our adolescent fear of authority to completely derail our environmental interests

Yeah that's absolutely childish. Politics has no place for ragtag groups of middle-class, hairy-armpitted women with misguided anarchist delusions.
>>
>>2297604
>ALF
Don't they eat cats, though?
>>
>>2299015
http://www.peta.org/about-peta/victories/
Again I'm not advocating PETA. But they have helped with things and it's delusional to say they've done absolutely nothing.
>>
>>2299068
Again not a PETA advocate but that ideology is fucking retarded. There's a middle ground, shit isn't black and white. It's not a matter of do nothing and not give a fuck or kill yourself for best effect. People are allowed to want to leave as little of a mark or as big of a mark as they want.
>>
>>2299068
>He's sort of got a point.
No he doesn't. It's a knee-jerk reaction by an immature edgelord feeling indignant at the notion that he take some modicum of responsibility for his actions. It's a position intended to stifle conversation, not kindle it.

If everyone who cared "just killed themselves," then 100% of the population no longer cares.
What a fantastic catalyst for progress.
>>
>>2299070
If you use violence as a means to get something, the opposition is justified in using violence to stop you. You also alienate a huge number of people to your cause.

I suppose you also supported the Ferguson riots.

>>2299179
>a bunch of junk that would have happened anyway is worth acknowledging the group as a positive influence in spite of their own vile and contradictory actions

>it's delusional to say they've done absolutely nothing.
They've done nothing worthwhile. They've done nothing worth the time and resources that they've used.
The world would be better off without PETA, period.
>>
File: RainbowWarriorHull.jpg (308KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
RainbowWarriorHull.jpg
308KB, 620x387px
>>2299352
>If everyone who cared "just killed themselves," then 100% of the population no longer cares.
Just like the old line vegans and Greenpeace folk use - "I love the planet so much that I'm going to refuse to have kids to share my ideas with, leaving the uncaring to freely outbreed me"
>>
>>2299361
If they really believe that, they could still adopt.
Or teach. But like actual teaching, not the radical bullshit.
>>
>>2297694
>are they supposed to look like the animal IRA?
Anon, they ARE the animal IRA.
>>
File: virunga.jpg (238KB, 1047x1572px) Image search: [Google]
virunga.jpg
238KB, 1047x1572px
The park rangers at Virunga are some hardcore mother fuckers. They stayed behind to defend the national park and it's gorillas when a rebel group had moved into the area, after the military had fled.
>>
>>2298946
>kill yourself
that actually doesn't even work as well as you'd think it would, unless you have no job and nobody that cares about you.

>kill self
>family and friends grieve
>the closer they were to you, the more they grieve
>grief causes stress
>family and friends expend more resources in treating stress-related illness from grief and from just general lack of being able to get as much done at their job and at home
>this can continue for quite a while for your parents, best friend, other people who were close to you; they move on more or less with time, but the loss is always there and can contribute to their stress for months or years
>assuming you weren't a deadweight piece of shit at work, coworkers are bummed out for a bit and get less shit done
>HR has to spend time and resources finding someone to replace you
>>
Just hunt poachers, Christ sake.
>>
File: 1481502993553.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481502993553.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
The Nazi party
>>
>>2299691
So gooks and niggers?
>>
>>2299540
did you watch the Virunga Documentary too? Those guys are intense. Their army retreated but the rangers stood their ground. That tells you something about their devotion.
>>
>>2300071
Or it tells you something about their wages.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.